Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Nuriko's Love ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Nuriko and everyone else, doesn't belong to me. As if you didn't know that already though! LOL!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Tomo stared into his shell as he watched the Suzaku seishi in his dream world, thinking that they were doing their research in Sairou. Taski let out a sigh as he drank another cup of shake.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Tamahome rushed towards the yurt and un-mounted his horse. He quickly rushed into the yurt to see Soi inside, alone.
“Where's Miaka?” Tamahome growled.
Soi gave him a dry look. “Who cares,” She then raised her arms and a bolt of lightning burst from the sky and into her hand. “Die!”
Tamahome rolled out of the lightning's path as she threw it at him. He quickly got to his feet. “Where is she?”
Nakago suddenly emerged into the yurt. He wore a cocky grin as he sat beside Soi. “She tasted good.” He enjoyed Tamahome's glare as Tamahome's ki started to appear.
“Where is Miaka?” Tamahome growled.
Nakago rolled his eyes. “Why would I know? She's your slut of a Miko. After I was through with her, she ran to another.”
Tamahome shot out his chi towards the Seiryuu couple. He could only see red. `How dare they talk about Miaka like that?'
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Nuriko wrapped his coat around Miaka's shoulders. She shivered as Nuriko sat down beside her. He was cold, but Miaka was more important. Her shirt had been torn and her hair was a mess. Nuriko didn't say anything. He knew that she would explain everything when she was ready to. To push it out of her would damage her more.
“Nuriko…” Miaka whispered. She stared in front of herself. The dead tree that was before her must have been pretty amusing as she wouldn't look anywhere but at that tree. “Nakago was saying the truth.” She said barely above a whisper. She closed her eyes to fight back her tears. “You died for me, for all of us, and I go and…”
Nuriko leaned towards her and listened to her confession. He knew it was so hard on her.
Miaka's eyes began to sting as she finally burst into tears. “Taitsuken said that I needed to weaken Nakago's ki by seducing him.”
Nuriko looked at Miaka with shock. “That doesn't make sense. She always said that you need to be pure.”
Miaka turned to look at Nuriko whose eyes were full of worry for his miko. “I am so stupid.” She shook her head. “I-I-“ Miaka suddenly stood up and turned away from Nuriko in shame. Nuriko also stood up and wrapped his arms around her from behind. Miaka held still, in shock by this unexpected affection.
“Miaka, you are not stupid. If Taitsuken had told any of us to do something to help the others, we would do it.” Nuriko held Miaka as he rested his head on her shoulder. “You would move mountains for any of us. Well, actually, only I could really do that.” Nuriko suddenly mused.
Miaka let out a soft giggle. No matter how grim the situation was, Nuriko could always make her feel good again. Nuriko took that as his queue to let her go. Miaka turned around and suddenly, SPLAT! Miaka was covered in snow.
Nuriko held his stomach as he laughed. “You didn't see that coming!”
“Oh, Nuriko!” Miaka sung out to him.
“Wha-“ Nuriko began when he was hit with a snow ball. Nuriko just smiled as he wiped the snow off his face. It was great to be alive again.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Tamahome fell into the snow. His heart weighed heavily in his chest.
`Where is Miaka? ` Tamahome wondered as Nakago's words pierced through his heart.
Nakago rolled his eyes. “Why would I know? She's your slut of a Miko. After I was through with her, she ran to another.”
`Who is the other guy? Another lie by that Nakago?' Tamahome wondered as he snapped the reins of his horse. After he had shot Nakago with his chi, the two quickly got onto their horses outside of the yurt and rode off. Tamahome didn't follow as Miaka needed him. He kept riding as the sun began to come up. The snow was beginning to melt away as he looked for Miaka. He snapped the reins and went further from the yurts. “MIAKA!”
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Nuriko woke up with a start. His neck was throbbing. Without second thought, he reached up and began to rub his neck. Suddenly, he realized there was something heavy on his chest. He looked down and saw Miaka had put her head on his chest and her right hand was resting on his left hand. He felt his pulse begin to race, but he quickly calmed himself. `Baka, she loves Tamahome.' Nuriko raised his right and placed it on the back of her head. He then closed his eyes and let himself enjoy her company.
“MIAKA!”
Nuriko's eyes widened as Tamahome's voice rang through the air. He was nearby, and he was looking for her. Nuriko felt a pain in his heart. He was thoroughly was enjoying his time with Miaka. He let out a sigh and moved his right hand to her shoulder. `She loves Tamahome, not me.' He began to nudge her gently. “Miaka.”
Miaka's eyes fluttered open. She slowly turned to look up at Nuriko's smiling face.
“Good morning!” Nuriko exclaimed as he smashed some melting snow on her cheek. “Ready to start a new day?”
Miaka was about to push herself from Nuriko when she heard Tamahome yell her name once again. Her eyes lit up as she turned to look at Nuriko in the eye. She didn't miss it. She saw pain in his eyes which was quickly turned into a fake smile.
“Lets go get Tama-chan!” Nuriko said a little too cheerfully.
Miaka slowly stood up and brushed herself off as Nuriko took a deep breath. “Over here!” He suddenly yelled out. Then he knelt over in pain, clutching his side.
Miaka's eyes widened as she realized what side he held. “Let me see!”
Nuriko shook his head. He remembered the pain of the claws ripping into his flesh. This pain was from the wound… he wasn't fully healed.
Tamahome emerged from behind some trees and suddenly stopped as if he had seen a ghost. “Nuriko?”
Nuriko slowly looked up and gave Tamahome a small smile. “Gomen, I over did it.”
Tamahome jumped off his horse and rushed to Nuriko's side. He yanked up Nuriko's shirt and gazed upon the scar that Nuriko had from that fatal battle. There was some bleeding, but nothing much. Tamahome looked at Nuriko. “How?”
Nuriko smiled back, “My prayer was answered.”
Tamahome shook his head and stood up. “It's healing fine, but there's some bleeding still.”
Miaka gazed at Nuriko who was trying to stand up. “I'm fine.” Nuriko insisted.
Miaka suddenly threw herself into Nuriko's arms. “Please, don't leave me ever again! I-I couldn't- not again.” Miaka sobbed into Nuriko's chest as Tamahome watched. He felt a little awkward but Nuriko and Miaka were like brother and sister. However, Tamahome knew the truth. Nuriko had told him that he was in love with Miaka as well. Even though, Nuriko promised to not come between the two.
“Hey hey! I'm fine! Really! I just have a non-life threatening injury.” Nuriko laughed as Miaka squeezed him harder.
“We better go find the others. We really should have Mitsukake heal you up.” Tamahome said to Nuriko.
Nuriko nodded as he pried Miaka from him. Nuriko then walked up behind the unsuspecting Tamahome and gave him a quick slap on his back.
Tamahome suddenly flew forward into a tree and Nuriko grimaced. “Opps! Did I do that?”
Tamahome glared at Nuriko. `Nothing ever changes.'
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
A/N: Hope you all like the story thus far. I believe that Nuriko was taken too soon from the story. Aw, heck, he should have never died in the first place. ^_^ He needed more luv.
Please visit my site for updates and sneak peeks at my upcoming chapters. http://fanfic.myinterests.com