Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ To Give Up Everything ❯ Girl Without A Name ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To Give Up Everything

By: Kawaii_Vash

Disclaimer: I do not own Fushigi Yuugi

Chapter 2 - Girl Without A Name

"Oi! Watch it lady!"

"Suzaku, my groceries! Come back here!"

"Kayo-kun, watch out!"

The citizens of Konan were in alarm at the young strangely dressed girl who was running through the crowded streets. Many moved out of the way, but those who didn't and were in her path were knocked over. Several times it seemed that a moving carriage would run her over, but she managed to dodge them all. Tasuki didn't have too much trouble following her. His gift from Suzaku was his speed which made catching up a breeze. He spotted her a few feet ahead and sped up.

"Oi! Girl! Stop!"

Hearing his voice she turned around to see him running at her. Her eyes widened and she took off, knocking over a few barrels to try and knock him over.

"Kuso!"

He tripped over one of the barrels and his head hit the other. Getting back up he had lost sight of her. Muttering curses he tried to find her again.

The girl had hid behind a random stall and waited until she had seen the orange haired bandit run pass. Crawling out she felt extremely confused and lost. This place, it didn't look like Tokyo to her at all. She wondered around and into an area that seemed less populated. Pausing in her walk she looked around.

"Doko… Aya!!"

Someone had grabbed her from behind.

"Well lookie at what we's got `ere, a fine lookin little lady." A man's voice said, it sounded deep and rough.

"Let me go!"

There were several chuckles from behind her.

"Naze? Yer such a catch, even though yer wearin' some odd clothes." This voice was different, it was more higher in pitch, but she could tell it belonged to a male as well.

"Com'on boss, lets take `er back to the hideout!" Another voice called out.

"Hai, then we can play with her some huh guys?" The boss said, a tone of amusement in his voice.

"HAI!" several voices sounded together.

"I think ya should let `er go, less ya want t'deal with me."

The grip on the girl was tightened causing her to yelp a little. Looking up she saw the same guy who had been chasing her earlier.

"Like hell we are!" the boss shouted out.

"Yea, who the hell do ya think ya are anyways? Tryin to order us around ya crazy son of a bitch, we outta kill ya right now!" the high-pitched man yelled out.

Tasuki grinned, "Ya punks don' scare me one bit. Baka's! Ya don' even know who I am, which is a shame. I could kill ya all right now with a single blow and ya wouldn't even know what hit ya!"

The man who had been holding the girl threw her onto the ground and drew out a sword, as did the other men who were with him. Looking over she saw there were at least eight men in total. How was this one guy going to take them all out?

"Bring it on ya fucking punk! We'll be the ones t'kill ya, ya arrogant loud mouth baka!"

Tasuki frowned down at them, "'Ight then, but don' cry when I kick yer asses into t'ground!" He pulled the tessan out from its sling and jumped down from the roof, kicking one of the men down into the dirt, knocking him out. Swinging around he knocked another one over into a wall, hard.

"Scum bag!" the high-pitched man screamed and dashed at Tasuki, who easily dodged the attack. He appeared behind the man and kicked him into some barrels standing in the corner near the street.

"Three down, just `nother five t'go…Yer makin' this way to easy fer me!" he exclaimed with an air of supremacy.

Four of the men charged at him all at once, their swords shining in the sun's light. Tasuki grinned and seemed to phase out of their view. They stopped and looked around confused.

"Above you!" the boss shouted pointing upwards, but his warning was too late. Tasuki's fangs gleamed as he landed on the two in the middle and punched the other two in the head. All four fell and Tasuki flexed his muscles a little, flicking what appeared to be a fleck of dust off his sleeve. Turning to the boss his golden eyes flickered as he stared into the boss's black ones.

"Well it seems yer t'only one left huh?"

"I won't go down easily like those fools did!"

Tasuki laughed loudly, "So ya think! Yer just as weak as them, if not weaker. Ya can run if ya want, but if choose t'fight I won't go easy on ya."

It looked like the man was thinking it over and it seemed like he was backing down. That is until is picked up the girl and held his sword at her throat.

"Heh, I'm not one t'always play by the rules."

"Oi… let `er go…"

The boss grinned, "Found yer weak spot it seems ne? Well take a step closer and I'll just cut `er pretty lil' head off." He dug the sword in lightly causing a small trickle of blood to flow the new wound.

Tasuki's body tensed, he couldn't afford anything to happen to her. Not yet anyways. Moreover, he hated it when the weak ones always took the hostage, it left him in the position to take commands instead of giving them.

"So what'cha gonna do now? Huh?" the man said laughing while backing away slowly.

"I'm gonna finish ya off, that's what!"

"Touch me, and, and, I'll cut her throat open!"

`Perfect' thought Tasuki, he had invoked fear into the guy. Now all he would need is one open spot for a quick attack and he could get back to the palace.

"Help me, onegai! Onegai!!" the girl shouted out, tears were streaming down her face.

"Shut up ya stupid wrench!" he dug the sword in a little more cause more blood to pour.

`I'm runnin outta time, she's startin to freak out now. Ha! There it is!!' Tasuki's ran at the man quickly and knocked the sword out of his hands. He then threw his arm back, grinning.

"Rekka… Shen'in!!" he shouted as his arm came down and the flames flew from the tessan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Houki sighed impatiently as she paced back and forth in the main throne room. She trusted Tasuki a great deal, but it was taking rather long for him to return with that girl from Miaka's world. Chichiri had already returned with Taiitsu-kun and she did not wish to have the old woman waiting forever.

"He's back no da." Chichiri said calmly.

All three turned to the door as the orange haired bandit walked in with the girl following behind him. Houki smiled serenely and welcomed the girl in, for she looked very scared.

"Please take a seat. I will have a servant bring some food and drink for you. You are probably hungry are you not?"

She nodded, "Hai… arigato…"

Tasuki took a seat next to Chichiri and looked over at Taiitsu-kun uneasily. He never liked that old woman, but was a little glad she didn't appear from behind him like normal. All he would've needed to make his day complete was her giving him a heart attack.

"Had some trouble no da?"

"Yea, jus' some street punks."

"Street punks no da? Took you a long time to get through with them though no da."

"Well the boss took `er hostage and tha' took some time t'git past. Stupid jerk, e'll remember never t'mess with me again!"

Taiitsu-kun floated over to the girl and stared straight into her eyes.

"What is your name child?" she asked not letting the girl's gray eyes leave hers.

"I do not have a name."

Taiitsu-kun looked over at the others who all blinked in surprised. She returned to the girl.

"Why is it you have no name? Did your birthparents not give you one?"

"I have no parents."

Tasuki looked over at Chichiri who just shrugged.

"Where is it you come from?"

"Tokyo, Japan. Why are you asking so many questions?"

"We need to find out as much information about you as possible so we can figure out why you are here."

The girl's face softened a little, "Where is here exactly?"

There was a knock on the door and a woman slid it open holding a tray. She wore a garment of a servant and she smiled softly at them all.

"I have brought the food you asked for Houki-sama."

Houki smiled, "Arigato, place it in front of the girl onegai."

The woman did as she was told and left closing the door behind her. Taiitsu-kun continued with her questioning of the girl before her.

"Ancient China. Now tell me how did you get here? And yes you may eat."

"I was taken in by a book. It was called the Universe of the Four Gods."

Taiitsu-kun nodded a little, "I assumed so. Houki, Tasuki, and Chichiri, could you please leave for a few moments as I question her further?"

The three nodded and left the room quietly.

"Now I just have a few more questions, and you must answer them honestly…"