Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ To Give Up Everything ❯ Small Talk ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To Give Up Everything

By: Kawaii-Vash

Disclaimer: I do not own Fushigi Yuugi.

Chapter 3: Small Talk

Tasuki yawned and leaned against the outside railing. He rubbed the back of his neck which was warm from having the sun shining on it. Looking over his shoulder he could see the giant star slowly falling below the horizon as it was giving way to the night. Taiitsu-kun seemed to be taking forever with her "interrogation" and he was getting tired of waiting. Chichiri had gone to get them both some food since it had been awhile since either of them had eaten. Hearing his stomach growl, Tasuki became even more irritated. Houki was talking to one of the servants whose named appeared to be Mikikona, but Houki kept calling her Miki. From what Tasuki could hear the two were apparently close friends.

"Food no da?"

Chichiri had appeared from what seemed to be nowhere carrying two trays filled with food. He handed one to Tasuki who eagerly accepted it and began to eat. Chichiri ate his more slowly and watched his friend scarf his down.

"You should slow down Tasuki no da."

The bandit just ignored him and continued to eat at his fast pace. Until he felt a large clump of rice get caught in his throat, cutting off his air supply. Houki and Miki turned around to see Chichiri whacking Tasuki on the back rather hard. Miki giggled softly while Houki hid her smile behind her long sleeve.

"Told you no da."

Tasuki rolled his eyes and started eating at a much slower pace. Chichiri chuckled lightly and continued to eat his food as well. Houki and Miki had returned to their conversation and both took on softer voices. Tasuki glanced back at them, his eyes narrowed at them both.

"How was Reikaku no da?"

"It was great. Good t'see Kouji and t'others."

"How is Kouji doing no da?"

"He's doin' good, a great leader Kouji is."

Chichiri nodded and for some reason stared up a little above Tasuki's head. Tasuki blinked and turned around.

"Gah!!! Monster!!!" he reached for the tessan when Chichiri held him back.

"It's just Taiitsu-kun no da!"

The old woman glared down at the bandit who sighed relieved. "Monster in deed… Well I got all the information that I think is needed. For sure I know that this girl is not here to be the next Suzaku no Miko."

Tasuki relaxed a little, "Naze?"

"Her body isn't pure."

"What' t'hell does that mean?"

Taiitsu-kun got real close to Tasuki's face, making him back away a little. "That means she isn't a virgin you fool."

"O-o-oh…" he said softly, his face turning a little red.

"Exactly, but even she was to be the next Suzaku no Miko there would've been no way for her to get into the book after it had been sealed. One god cannot break through another god's wish unless that god is wished to do so. So the only reasonable explanation is that she came originally from this world."

Houki walked over to the three, "Are you positive about that Taiitsu-kun?" The oracle nodded. "Then how did she get into the other world? Certainly she was not some seishi for a god. Or was she?"

"No she wasn't a seishi. Nor was she a regular being either… I suppose you all heard of the great dragon god that ruled over the four gods?"

Chichiri and Houki both nodded their heads while Tasuki shook his. Taiitsu-kun sighed, "Since your thick headed friend here hasn't heard it yet I'll have to tell the story about it then. Well when this world was first created there were the original four gods, Byakko, Genbu, Seiryu, and Suzaku. These four gods represented the four corners of the earth, North, South, East, and West. Well there is one point where the lines of all four of their boundaries touch. This sacred spot is where legends have said the ancient city of the Golden Dragon resided, the one Supreme Being capable of controlling all four gods and keeping them in order. One of the most oldest stories ever told is about the Golden Dragon…"

There was once a great war amongst the empires in each corner of the earth. For years the four empires fought and battled trying to destroy the other three that stood in its way. Using the powers of their gods to help them, the four empires eventually made it to the sacred city of the Golden Dragon. The battle tactics became more destructive and soon each empire was fighting for the right to have the Golden Dragon fight on their side and help in destroying the other gods. Disgusted by the humans around him the Golden Dragon decided to bring the war to an end forever."

He bound the gods to their respectful shrines and sealed them there. The seal could only be broken when a miko came and summoned them forth. This cost the Golden Dragon a lot of his own life-force and he became extremely weak. Fearing the safety of the humans in this world he used the lost of his life-force to seal himself into one mortal who would help strengthen him back to his original form. To keep this human away from the hands of greed and evil he sent both the human and his soul inside it to the world outside of this one. Only there would they be truly safe from the demons that resided in the hearts of the people who would want to capture him."

It was said that he cast a small spell upon the human to return to this world when the Golden Dragon was fully rejuvenated. Even though it was never said if the human he chose was a male or female, most believe it was female since they can give birth to children who can carry on the task of carrying the god. If that legend is true then this girl is the one who carries the soul of the most powerful being known to man."

Tasuki stared at Taiitsu-kun with his mouth opened slightly. Houki and Chichiri exchanged glances. A silence seemed to fall between them all.

"Taiitsu-kun would the girl know if she is carrying the god's soul within her?" Houki asked breaking the silence.

"Probably not and no we shouldn't ask her if does. We can not chance the god trying to escape yet. Although…"

The three leaned in, "Although?"

"There will be signs, some obvious and some not. Trust me I do not have to tell you what the signs are, you will be able to realize it is a sign without a second thought about it. Now Chichiri I would like to have a word with you if you wouldn't mind returning to my palace."

"I don't mind no da."

"Good, I would suggest having someone talk to her and get her to eat. If she is truly holding the god and becomes weak it could cause some very dangerous situations. I will be speaking with you again, not too soon hopefully."

With those final words Taiitsu-kun disappeared with Chichiri following her. It was then two high ranking government officials came running up to Houki.

"There you are Houki-sama, we have been searching for you." One of them said.

"What is the problem?"

"A messenger has arrived from the empires wishing to go to war with us. They request your presence in order to speak to you Houki-sama."

Houki bowed her head, "Of course I will come right away." She began to walk away when she paused in her step and turned around, "Tasuki would be as so kind as to speak to the girl?"

"I s'pose…"

"Arigato Tasuki." Houki smiled at him and continued to follow the two officials. Tasuki slid open the door to the room where the girl was. Closing it he took a seat across from her.

"Aren't ya gonna eat?"

The girl looked up at him and shook her head, "I am not hungry."

"Well ya should, ya look like ya hadn't had a decent meal in days. Its really good food too. Finest in Konan!"

"I am not hungry."

Tasuki sighed a little, "Ok then… Well `ave ya thought of a name t'call yerself?"

She shook her head again, "Iie… I am not worthy of having a name."

"Nani? Not worthy of havin' a name? Tha' is one of the stupidest things I `ave ever heard of! Everyone gots to have a name ya got that? Now come on, give yerself a name."

"I can not think of a name…"

"Yea ya can, think hard and you'll find one that ya like `nough to call yerself."

The girl closed her eyes and became silent. There were several times her mouth opened as if to say something, but it would close without a word escaping her lips. Tasuki waited silently a little curious as to what she would want to be called. Finally after several minutes of silence she opened her eyes slowly and gazed into his.

"Rika."

"Rika huh? Tha's a nice a name."

She smiled, "Arigato… Ano, what is your name?"

"I `ave several names that I go by. Most call me Tasuki, others call me Genrou and a few called me Kou, Shun'u."

"You must be important to have so many names."

Tasuki grinned showing his fangs a little, "Nah, not really, I'm just a seishi of Suzaku."

"Which one may I call you by?"

"Wow, yer really formal aren't `cha? Ya can call me Tasuki. And lighten up, yer not in the army or `nything like that."

"I only speak like this because I was disciplined too. I do not have a choice in the matter!"

Rika became silent and stared down at the floor. "I apologize, I should not have yelled at you like I did. Please forgive me."

Tasuki wanted to say something and found himself at a loss for words. Her speech was a dignified has Houki's, but her words seemed empty. It was as if her life depended on how she spoke and formed the words and she only went with it to stay alive.

"I will on two conditions. One, if ya speak like how ya want to `cause I can tell ya don' want t'speak like that."

He smiled at her slightly and she nodded slowly, "Alright, I will speak normally. What's your second condition?"

"Ya gotta eat the food."

Rika opened her mouth as if to protest, but her stomach rumbled lowly and Tasuki just shook his head at her, "Come' on now, ya gotta eat somethin'. Starvin' yerself ain't good."

"Fine," she picked up the bowl of rice and the chopsticks and brought it close to her face, "you win Tasuki-san."

"Iie, Tasuki, not Tasuki-san. Got tha'?"

"Hai, I do, Tasuki."

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Ok, I got chapter three done go me! Gomen if the story sounds really, really, really cheesy now, it's not. I promise I'll make it all good and stuff! Quick arigato's I would like to throw out real quick. Ano… oh! Rika Hitoshi no. 1, she's one of my bestest buds and has been helping me a little on this baka fic of mine. Therefore, as thanks I stole her name and used it for my first original character. Another thanks to her for helping me name Mikikona, whose plays a big role ::hint, hint::. Third a HUGE BIG thanks to those who have read this story and reviewed it, which is two awesome people so far. Gomen for not being able to remember your names off hand, but you'll be the first one's there and you're both the first to review my story, so your reviewed mean a lot! That's all for now. Please if you do read this take the small five seconds it takes to review stuff and review my story. I like getting reviews, but you can flame as well. Go ahead and flame me!! ::laughs:: Thanks again to everyone whose helped me and reviewed so far!

~~Kawaii-Vash~~