Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Try Again ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sapphire: *blink* Am I still here?

Virgo: *sigh* Apparently…

Sapphire: Yeah, so let's get this fic started…

Disclaimer: Fushigi Yuugi belongs to Yuu Watase, I am not Yuu Watase

>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*> ;*<

Chapter 2

It was the night before the summoning of Suzaku and a certain red haired seishi was tossing in his sleep unable to find peace within his dreams.

// `What th' hell is goin' on? What's that? That's me! But I'm right here! It's the other seishi too, what're we doin'?'

Tasuki watched as the Suzaku Seishi stood around their priestess and began to concentrate. He could only assume that this was the part where they were completely defenseless considering he couldn't feel their chi.

`Oh, I get it. I'm dreamin' `bout th' future, when we finally defeat Seiryuu and that bastard Nakago!'

The priestess began to speak, "The four constellations in the heavens, and the four directions of the Earth. Strengthened by law, truth and goodness. Please tell the protector of the South, Suzaku that I will now speak the words. From your dwelling in the heavens to the earth, reveal yourself to us. For the good of mankind, please make extinct every kind of evil. By using your divine powers, protect us. I ask only this...grant this request. Descend from the heavens, and stand before me!"

They waited but Suzaku never came. Nothing happened and Tasuki began to wonder what the hell was going on. Wasn't he dreaming about when they finally defeated Seiryuu?

Suddenly, Chiriko began to play his flute and everyone clutched their heads in pain. Tasuki watched amazed and disgusted at was happening as he saw his priestess crawl helplessly on the ground toward Chiriko.

`What'd he doin'?!! That son of a bitch is tryin' ta kill us! Why is Chiriko attackin' is fellow seishi!!?! That must mean-'//

At that moment Tasuki shot out of his bed with sweat pouring of his face. Immediately he grabbed his tessen but stopped half-way there.

"What am I doin'?" Tasuki asked himself just standing there for a few seconds.

`What am I gonna do wit my tessen? Go Chiriko huntin'? I can't attack I fellow se- but then again he ain't really a Suzaku Seishi he's a Seiryuu spy but what if I'm wrong?' Tasuki asked himself sitting back down on his bed.

`You weren't wrong about Tamahome saving Miaka. Why should you be wrong about this?' A small voice in his head reminded him.

Tasuki scowled at the mention of Tamahome but nonetheless considered what the small, annoying voice in his head said.

`You should listen and warn the others, other wise you'll make all the wrong decisions again. By the way I'm not annoying!'

`Are too! What do ya mean by again? I ain't ever done this b'fore!' But the voice had already retreated back deep into his mind not to return for a while, `What ever I need some air.'

>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*> ;*<

Tasuki sighed from his spot on the rock as looked out into the pond shimmering in the moonlight. The moon's refection in the water only served to remind him of how cold it was and that he was only wearing a pair of pants.

`Why am I out here without anythin' warm ta wear?'

"Why are you out here without anything warm to wear?" An all too familiar voice asked from behind him and a coat was dropped onto his shoulders.

"None of yer business," Tasuki scoffed but snuggled into the warmth anyway.

Tamahome shrugged as he sat down beside him, "I guess it's not but it'd be irritating to have someone sneeze while we're summoning Suzaku."

Tasuki scowled, "I'm not gonna get sick."

Tamahome smirked, "You may be a Suzaku Seishi but you're not immune to colds."

"Yeah well, YOU may be a Suzaku Seishi but yer not invincible!" Tasuki snapped.

"I may not be invincible but that doesn't mean you can beat me," Tamahome said arrogantly.

"I can so beat you! In fact I would've if Miaka hadn't told me not ta!" Tasuki screamed.

"Well, that only shows that Miaka AND everyone else likes me better, ne?"

Tasuki glowered and prepared to pounce him but stopped when he realized that it was true. They all DID like Tamahome better, even Hotohori who was Tamahome's rival for Miaka's love. It was all true.

Surprised at Tasuki's silence Tamahome began to think he went a bit too far, "Sorry, that was a bit harsh not to mention completely untrue. I shouldn't've have said that," Tamahome put a hand on Tasuki's shoulder.

Tasuki just shrugged and looked up and blushed again as he realized how close his face was to Tamahome's, then blushed again has he remembered what happened last time they were this close. He noticed Tamahome blushing as well apparently they were having the same thought process but, either way neither of the men was pulling away.

"Uhm, so I had this weird dream, I think you'll find it interestin'," Tasuki said still not moving.

"Really, now? What was it about?" Tamahome said moving closer to Tasuki not aware of what he was doing or what was happening.

"Yeah," Tasuki said and then slowly continued, "It was `bout Chiriko an' he was one of th' Seiryuu spies out ta kill us when we were summonin' Suzaku `cause our chi was under control an' open. But, I ain't too worried `bout it."

"You shouldn't be, we're completely safe here," Tamahome said smiling.

A single bead of sweat went down Tasuki's face.

And just like that their lips touched, it was just like last time, the kiss was soft and light the lips were barely touching really but, it was sweet.

>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*> ;*<

It was the day of the summoning and everyone was excited to finally see Suzaku and have their wishes, well Miaka's wishes granted, especially Nuriko who was looking forward to becoming a woman. Of course the star of this fic was not excited as he was currently worried about the dream he had and was eyeing Chiriko suspiciously.

`What do I do? Talkin' *cough* to Tamahome was no help and the summoning of Suzaku is `bout ta begin!' Miaka began to speak, `Scratch that the summoning has begun! I have ta do somethin'! This is goin' exactly the way it was in my dream! Screw this I'm goin' after Chiriko and no ones gonna stop me!' Tasuki made up his mind and lunged at Chiriko.

"Ah! Tasuki what are you doing!" Chiriko screamed as Tasuki grabbed him and pulled his flute away from his hands.

"Tasuki! Tasuki! Stop it!" Miaka cried from behind the fire as Tamahome and Hotohori ran up to her side.

"Miaka believe me this isn't Chiriko! He's not even a follower of Suzaku! He's a Seiryuu spy and he was planning on attacking us with his flute when we were defenseless!" Tasuki shouted as he struggled with `Chiriko'.

"He lies! Haven't I done nothing but help you? Why should you listen to him? He has no proof!" `Chiriko' yelled trying to get out of Tasuki's hold.

"That is enough Tasuki! I do not know what you have against Chiriko but you have no right to attack him! Unhand Chiriko at once!" Hotohori commanded from in front of Miaka determined to protect her even if it was from Tasuki.

"Please let go of him Tasuki so, we can talk this out!" Miaka screamed coming out from behind Hotohori and trying to pull Tasuki's arms from around `Chiriko'.

Tasuki froze. His own priestess did not trust him? The girl he protected from danger even at the risk of his life? He like `Chiriko' had done nothing but give his life for her yet she didn't trust him enough to let him do this? If she didn't trust him why was he making the effort?

`Chiriko' took the chance to hit Miaka's hand that was holding the scroll so that it fell into the fire then ran out only to have all the Suzaku Seishi except for Tasuki and Mitsukake chase after him.

>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*> ;*<

When they came back they found the real Chiriko standing at the door and began to summon Suzaku but found that they couldn't without the scroll when Taiitsukun appeared telling them that they had to get a Shinzaho dedicated to Genbu and then one dedicated to Byakko.

She also gave them a few new things to help them on their way like tuning Tasuki tessen into diamond which cheered him up after what Miaka had said to him and now they were all getting ready for the trip to Hokkan but first relaxation.

>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*> ;*<

Tasuki sighed as he saw the lights in the air of the Star-Gazing Festival. Miaka and Nuriko had wanted him to come but he couldn't. Why would he? It was obvious Miaka didn't trust him and Nuriko was probably just putting up with him because he was one of the Suzaku Seishi.

"What're you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Miaka and Nuriko?"

"What is it wit you an' comin' up b'hind people an' askin' questions?" Tasuki said turning around to face Tamahome.

Tamahome just shrugged again, "So why are you here and not with Miaka and Nuriko?"

"Why ain't YOU?"

"Fair enough," Tamahome coming up beside Tasuki, "You just seem depressed."

"So do you."

"What's with the small sentences?"

"Nothing."

"There's no getting through to you tonight!" Tamahome said throwing his hands up exasperated.

Getting no response he began to walk back to his room when a voice stopped him.

"You were right ya know."

Tamahome stopped and turned to look at him curiously, "About what?"

"That nobody likes me. It was obvious the way Miaka reacted when I grabbed Chi-Amiboshi," Tasuki said looking Tamahome in the eyes.

Tamahome sighed, "First of all, I said they liked me better which I then said was not true. Second of all, it's not that Miaka didn't trust you she just didn't want Amiboshi getting hurt if you were wrong or you getting hurt if you were right."

"How d'you know Tamahome? Are you Miaka?"

"It's Miaka if she can trust Nakago at first sight she can definitely trust you."

"Humph, if you say so. So, what's wrong with you?" Tasuki said uncrossing his arms.

"It's nothing I can't handle." Tamahome replied walking away.

"MAIKA DUMPED YOU DIDN'T SHE!!?! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"SHUTUP!! SHE DID NOT!!"

>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*> ;*<

Sapphire: Well there it is chapter 2 hope you enjoyed it! Btw I'd like to give some credit to geocities.com/kameleen7/ for the script!