G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ A Love Untold ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Domon? Why did you just run off like that? Was it Wong or Master Asia?" Allenby immediately asked when Domon had returned from his sudden departure and by the look on his face, it hadn't gone so well with whomever. But he just kept on walking back to his Gundam that was still standing there obediantly. Something had seriously happened.

But Allenby wasn't going to just be ignored like that. Not by the mule-headed Domon Kasshu. "Hey! I'm speaking to you, Domon! What was it that you ran after?" She continued to ask as she followed him. "Domon!"

"Leave me alone, Allenby!" Domon suddenly screamed out causing Allenby to stop dead in her tracks and stare at him. Domon had never really yelled at her before and she was too stunned to stop him and yell back as he continued to walk away to his Gundam.

"What bursts his bubble today?" Chibodee asked with sarcasm after witnessing the confrontation. He had seem Domon walking angrily back from the crowd like an angry bull about to charge which too him now, the two had alot in common. Both bull-headed and mean to boot. "Does he have PMS or something? Because I have never seen such a change in emotion that quickly before in my life." He joked but didn't laugh. He hadn't laughed in a while since Rain's disappearance.

"I have no idea. Everything was fine a few minutes ago then he suddenly went blank and jumped out his Gundam and ran into the crowd. He came back as pissed as ever." She stated and crossed her arms. She almost started to feel sorry for this Rain who was partners with him. How could anyone work with this man?

"Well, I'm sure not going to be the one to ask him. If you ask me, he's better off kicking his own ass." He left it at that and walked away where his own crew were waiting for him. Allenby sighed and went back to her Noble Gundam. "Why do I even bother with you, Domon Kasshu?" Shrugging her shoulders, she went back to her own team.

******
Rain walked quickly down the street, hugging her arms and keeping her head down. She had never felt so miserable. She had told herself to keep her head high and to move on. But her head was bowed and she had no strength inside her. Her heart was totally drained that she was surprised it was still beating. Where had she gone wrong? What was it about her that Domon hated so much? Had he wanted her to die? Was what he said the truth? Had he and the Shuffle Alliance been looking for her including this new girl?

Rain growled to herself and kept walking.
No. If he had been worried about her, he would have found her and brought her back. But she had to suffer in that cell while waiting patiently for Domon to find her. And had he? No. He was too busy training. He was too busy finding a new partner. He was too damn busy being with another woman!

Letting out a frustrated sigh, she sat down on a bench near a small park where she saw children playing, dogs taken on walks, couples talking and laughing and just people passing through. She should be happy now. Seitt had proposed to her and she should be out looking for a wedding dress and choosing flowers and stuff concerning such. But she was here, sitting along and in such distress over something she knew would happen. Domon didn't love her. He never did. He just needed her to fix his damn Gundam. She was his little helper and fix his mistakes he made. She should be glad she was out of that life. She should be so happy that she didn't feel used and neglected.

So why was it hurting so much to know she would never be with Domon again? He had painted a picture of his feelings for her right in front of her not 30 minutes ago. She had known all along how it was so why did she feel like she just wanted to die?

"Rain?" She suddenly heard a Frenchy accent call out to her and looked up, surprised to see George with Marie Louise on his arm. He looked shocked to see her as well as his young escort.

"Hi George. Marie Louise." She smiled sadly and was startled when Marie Louise went over to her and hugged her shoulders tightly. Rain was surprised with this gesture.

"Oh Miss Rain! You are alive and well! I had been so worried about you ever since I had heard of your abduction! How do you fair? Is everything alright?" The young blonde began to ask as Rain continued to smile at her.

"Yes, Miss Marie Louise. I am fine." She admitted sadly.

"Dear God, Rain. We had been worried sick about you. Miss Marie Louise's father had sent out a large search party for you but all came up with nothing. And when we finally discovered of where they had taken you, you were already gone. What had happened?" George asked in such a rush of worry that Rain couldn't help but feel a little warm inside. So they had been looking for her. At least George and Marie Louise.

"It was Master Asia and Wong's doing. They kidnapped be so they could get me to tell them how Shining Gundam works. I refused them and the more I refused, the more they kept me hostage." Rain admitted as Marie Louise sat down next to her and took her hands in hers gently.

"How on Earth did you ever escape? We had heard that the prison you were taken to is now a pile of rubble." Marie Louise asked innocently. Rain closed her eyes then opened them.

"Seitt was kidnapped too. I don't know how he did it but he managed to cause an explosion but get me out of there in time before the massive explosion accured."

"So how come you hadn't returned sooner? Is Wong hot on your trail? Are you hiding somewhere?" George asked again.

"I'm with Seitt now..." Rain let it hang then continued. "He's asked me to marry him." She didn't bother looking up at their expressions. She heard it in their voices.

"Marry?"

"Seitt?"

"Why? What about Domon?" Marie Lousie was awe strucken.

"I could care less about Domon. He can go fight his stupid battles and chance his brother around endlessly for all I care. I'm going to accept Seitt's proposal and get married like I should have done long ago instead of waiting around like a helpless fool thinking that Domon would one day love me." She began to raise her voice then swallowed her next comment and looked back down at her lap.

"But Rain! Don't marry someone you don't love. That wouldn't be fair for you or Seitt. You'll be so unhappy." Marie Louise commented and gripped Rain's slender hands.

"I'd rather be with Seitt than live a fantasy about Domon ever having feelings for me." She lifted her gave with pride. "Tell everyone else that I am fine and well. But I'm afraid I won't be going back to the Shuffle Alliance. Domon seems to be doing well for himself without me." Rain stood up. "Thank you George and miss Marie Louise. For caring for me so." And with new strength and pride for herself, Rain walked away calmly.

-----------

Laura: It has been ancient years since I've updated this story. And I do apologize for that.

Chiobdee: Yeah you got alot of that to do.

Laura: I know I know. I have been very busy lately. I have a job and I do have college and life has been getting into the way.

Chibodee: It has been over a year since You've written another chapter. What have you been doing? Running for President?

Laura: Almost lol. But hey, enjoy the new chapter guys. I am so tickled pink that you love it! It warms my heart!

Chibodee: Stop while you're ahead guys! She's gonna get all girlie on me!
Converting /tmp/phpqZXrdX to /dev/stdout