G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Before The War ❯ Ronin Kasshu, Assassin At Large ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Before The War

FQ: Hello again. Sorry for the slight delay with this chapter. I would like to thank everyone for sending the reviews. (They like me! They really like me!!!!). On a lighter note, the conflict between Sai and the guys from South Park is being resolved in the court of the honorable Judge Judy. Anyway, on with the story!

Chapter 3

The next morning, Alexandra awoke with a blistering headache. She covered her eyes with her hands and groaned. "Anyone get the number of that truck?" she mumbled, rubbing her temples. She hadn't exactly had the best day of her life yesterday. She had fallen through a wall, learned a gruesome piece of her family history, and then was up practically all night tracking down people she didn't even know existed and trying to get a flight to Japan! All she knew was that she had a long day ahead of her. At least she hoped it would take a day. She slowly sat up and looked out her window at the busy streets. She looked over at her clock. "Oh, damn, it's already noon," she groaned. She slowly got up and out of bed and shuffled lazily across the room to her bathroom for her shower.

About twenty minutes later, she shuffled back out, dressed only in towel and her hair up in one of those turban things. She was still very groggy, and still had the splitting headache. She put her hand on her forehead and groaned. "I need a friggin' aspirin or something," she said. She walked over to her dresser and pulled out the top drawer. She dug through the clothes for a few moments until she found a green button up shirt. She pulled that out and searched a little longer, looking for the matching skirt.

When she had the set, she walked back over to her bed. She dressed in what she had selected and reached for her glasses. She put them on and looked around for a hairbrush. "Where the hell did I leave that thing?" she asked herself. She got down on her knees and looked under her bed. She felt around with her hand and pulled out a rather dusty hairbrush. She looked at it and frowned. "Not more dust," she whined. She ran it against the carpet a few times, and that got rid of most of it. She started to brush out her hair and got up. She finished up with her hair and tied it back into a ponytail. She walked over to the bottom left corner of her room, got her purse, and walked back to her nightstand. She grabbed the list and used it to save her place in the book. She put the book in her purse and walked out of the room and started down the stairs. She continued downstairs and walked across to the front door.

When outside, she walked over to her car. She unlocked the door, got in, and started it. She then drove off for the airport.

When Alexandra arrived at the airport, she quickly got out of her car and grabbed her purse. She locked her car and looked at her watch. "Shit!" she yelled, "My plane leaves in fifteen minutes!" She started to run to the building when it started to rain. "You have to be kidding me!" she shouted. She started to run faster, but she forgot she was wearing heels, therefore falling flat on her face. "This isn't my day," she muttered as she got up. She started walking to the building and glanced at her watch again. "Ten minutes. Great."

When she got inside, she heard the intercom. "All passengers for 1:15 flight to Tokyo, please board now." Alexandra looked around, looking for a way to bypass the security. "The bathroom, of course!" she thought. You could get into the same bathroom from both sides of the metal detectors and security guards. She walked over to the bathroom door quickly and quietly, as she did getting out. "No one even noticed me," she thought. She continued walking and got her ticket out.

When she got to the gate, and young Asian looking woman stopped her and asked for her ticket. Alexandra handed it over and went ahead. She got on the plane and looked around for her seat. "Ah, here we go," she said as she went to sit down. She sat there for a few moments and just wasted time until the plane took off. After awhile, she got the book out of her purse. She opened it and flipped a few pages. Then she came to an entry that looked interesting.

March 1, FC 82

I have received most terrible news from France. Marie, sadly, has passed on. She was so young, no one could find anything medically wrong with her, but, a broken heart can hurt more than any physical ailment. She hadn't been the same, ever since, well. I don't even recall her smiling after George's death. She hung on his every word. She was lost without him. But, the saddest thing of all is that their son is not old enough to remember either of them. Perhaps, they will all be reunited one day.

Nastasha

Alexandra could feel the tears forming in her eyes. She had absolutely no idea who she was reading about, but it was still heart wrenching. "This is like a soap opera or something. I can't read anymore of this," she thought as she closed the book. She leaned her head back, closed her eyes, and was soon asleep.

A few hours later, she woke up. She looked around and remembered she was on a plane. She looked out the window and saw nothing but neon lights forming Japanese words. "Good, we're here," she thought. She slipped the book back in her bag and grabbed the list. A few minutes later, the plane landed.

Alexandra got took her bag and got off the plane. She left Tokyo International Airport and was astonished by the vastness of the city. "Ronin Kasshu, Ronin Kasshu. I'll never find you, will I," she groaned. She started walking the streets aimlessly until she felt a siring pain in her right hand. She stopped and rubbed her hand, but the pain wouldn't go away. She looked at her hand at it began to hurt more. "God damn!" she yelled. She looked up at the neon sign above her, and the pain subsided a little. "I have a strange feeling about this place," she thought. She took of her glasses and put them in her purse and unbuttoned a few more buttons on her shirt so she showed a little more cleavage, and walked in.

When inside, she looked around for the seediest looking man sitting in darkest corner. She picked him out and walked over. When she got there, she set her bag down and sat on the edge of the table. She tugged on the edge of her skirt a little and put the sexiest smile she could on her face. "And what can I help you with, missy?" he asked in an English sounding accent. "Why the hell is he talking like that?" she thought. "Hello?" he said again. "Oh, yes. I was wondering if you could tell me where I could find someone named Ronin Kasshu," she said in a flirty voice. "Kasshu? You sure? He's a little pricey. I could take care of whatever you want done for a fraction of the cost," he said. Right now, Alexandra was really wondering what these services were exactly. "He's gotta be the best damned assassin in all of Japan, I'd say," he continued, "You must really want this guy taken care of." It was true, she wouldn't mind having Tavoc out of her hair, so she answered. "Like I said before, where can I find him," she said. "I usually don't tell everyone this, but," he said, "You might want to write this down." Alexandra listened and got out a pen and 'the list'. "Alright, at the corner of 78th and 77th, there'll be an alley. Go down the alley until you get to the last door on the left. Knock on the door before you go in, he might have another client," he explained. Alexandra wrote down everything he said. "You got that?" he asked. She nodded. She got up and grabbed her bag. "Thanks, ah, I didn't get you name," she said. "Ishikawa," he replied quickly. "Thanks, Ishikawa," she said. She turned around and exited the bar with a smile on her face. She now had only two problems. 1. Finding the corner of 78th and 77th 2. Getting Ronin Kasshu to accept. Her first problem wouldn't be too hard to accomplish. The second one might be a little tricky. Okay, really tricky. Ishikawa said he was pricey. What he meant by that wasn't really clear. Hopefully, five hundred would cover it.

She walked around a little longer and became completely lost. She kept walking until she came across another person. She told her to go back the way she came and make the first left, and so she did. She walked to the corner and looked around for the alley. She walked down the alley to the last door on the left and knocked.

Inside, a man with jet black hair sat with his feet on a desk in front of him and the back of his chair leaned against the wall behind him, polishing a gun. He slowly set the gun down on the desk and covered it with the rag he was using. "Come in!" he said.

Alexandra walked in and sat down in the chair opposite the man. "Ronin Kasshu, I presume," she said. He nodded. "What can I do for you?" he asked. "Good question," she replied. He looked at her strangely. "You're a cop, aren't you," he questioned. "What's with the third degree?" she asked. "Well said. What can I do?" he said. She slipped a piece of paper in front of him. He picked it up, turned it over, and read what it said aloud. "Burning Gundam? What the fuck is this?" he shouted as he crumpled up the paper. "I know where to find five Gundams," she replied. He cracked up. "Y-you have t-to be kidding me!" he laughed. She looked at him with an offended expression on her face. "Do you realize what you are turning down?" she asked him. He regained most of his composure and looked at her with most seriousness. "Listen, lady. I kill people. I don't go around finding giant robots," he said. He started laughing a little again. "Now if you'd please take your leave." "I-I'll pay you," she said. He became more interested. "How much?" he asked. "Five hundred now, and five hundred later," she replied simply. He looked at her for a long time. "Read my lips: No way in hell," he answered, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "And I might be able to have you record expunged," she stated. "W-What?" he replied. "Erased. A clean slate," she explained. "I know what the hell it means! What I want to know is how you could do that?" he asked. "General Alexandra Gulsky," she said. "You are a cop," he replied. "So? Is it a deal?" she asked. "Sold, to the lady in the green dress!"