G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Before The War ❯ When Bedtime Stories Come To Life ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

FQ: Hey, hey, hey! Fictionqueen here again with the next installment of the story. But, before we get started, we're gonna have a little visit with Sai. As you know, he had been on trial for the murder of Kenny McCormick. Well, unfortunately, his lawyers sucked and he lost the case. No, no, don't worry. As soon as Kenny regenerates himself, Sai will be released from juevy, but before he gets sent into lockdown, we'll visit with him. Guards!

*Sai walks in in an orange jumpsuit with handcuffs on and two armed guards behind him*

FQ: And how are you today?

Sai: How do I look? This is your fault, anyway.

FQ: Hey, I didn't kill the poor boy.

Sai: Well I sure as hell didn't. And I think you're story sucks, too!

FQ: Oh, really. Well, then, guards!!! Lock 'im up!!!

Sai: *Guards dragging him away* I'm sorry! I really am! I take it back!

FQ: Ah, blow it out your nose! *Wait's a few minutes* Is he gone? Good. Slave!!!!!!!

*A battered Kenny walks in*

FQ: Muwahahahahaha! I framed Sai and am now using Kenny as my slave! Ha! *Calms down* Get me another Mountain Dew from downstairs slave!

*Kenny walks toward the stairs*

FQ: *Hears Kenny yell and then a large splat* Oops. Better go clean that up. Well, on with the story!

Before the War

Chapter 4

Alexandra stood up out of her chair and reached for her bag on the ground. "So I assume you'll be here tomorrow morning, correct?" she asked. "Why do you think you're leaving?" he asked. "W-what?" she asked, a small feeling of panic rushing through her. "You didn't give me my cash yet," he replied. "I don't exactly trust you, Kasshu. You might just take the money and leave town. Five hundred bucks isn't bad, at least for nothing," she said. "You promise me cash, you don't leave until I get it," he replied roughly. "Fine, then. I'll just stay here for the night," she said curtly. Truthfully, if she were to pay him, she wouldn't have enough to get a room for the night. "Stay……here?" he asked. Alexandra nodded. "I can sleep on the floor. It's not like I haven't before," she replied. "Fine," he said. "Fine," she answered defiantly. He pointed his thumb backwards at the staircase behind him. "I'll be, ah, upstairs. Try not to make too much noise," he said as he walked backwards to the stairs. She eyed him the entire time until he disappeared. She walked to the center of the room and sat down. She sighed lightly and unzipped her boots. She stood her boots up next to her and set her bag in her lap. She pulled out the book and put the bag under her head for a pillow. She grabbed the book and opened it, flipped around a few pages, and closed back up. "I can't read anymore of that. It's just so depressing," she said, setting it back on the floor. She put her hands on her stomach and closed her eyes, and slowly, drifted off to sleep.

Upstairs, a good six hours later, Ronin's alarm clock went off. Groggily, he slammed his hand down on it and felt around for the off button. After a moment of missing the button like he was drunk, he reached down and ripped the plug from the wall. He slowly got up and out of his bed. He walked over to an old looking dresser and opened the top drawer. He shifted around and pulled out a baggy pair of khaki cargo pants and pulled them on over his boxers. He picked up a dark green T-shirt from the floor and put it on. He then scratched his head and began to walk downstairs.

About halfway down the stairs, he saw Alexandra, lying on the floor. He eyed her for a moment. "I never realized she was so hot," he thought. That's when he noticed the book that she had left out. He almost silently crept over. He bent over and picked it up. He opened it and turned a few pages and found some kind of statistics. The page read:

Burning Gundam

Pilot- Domon Kasshu

Unit Type- Mobile Fighter

Model- GF13-017NJII

Height- 16.6 m

Full Weight- 20.6 tons

He read the pilot's name again. "Domon Kasshu," he said softly. "Kasshu," he repeated. This awoke Alexandra. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at him. That's when she noticed that he had the book. She quickly got up and stared at him. "Do you mind?" she asked. "What? Oh, the book. Here," he said, handing it over. She swiped it out of his hand. She walked over to where she had slept, bent over and picked up her bag. She slipped the book into it and set it on the desk. He watched her move the whole time. She could feel him staring at her. "What are you staring at?" she asked, not even bothering to turn around and look at him. "Nothing," he muttered. She scowled at him in a childish way, as did he, as she zipped herself into her boots. When she finished, she began to walk toward the door. "We had this argument last night," he said. She stared at him strangely. "What argument?" she asked innocently. "Don't even try to toy with me. It won't work. Now where's my money?" he asked. She sighed and looked in her bag. She pulled out her wallet and started taking out money. She counted the bills and extended her hand out to him. "Here," she said, "Five hundred. Now we go." He took the money and counted it, glancing up at her every few bills. When he finished, he said, "Okay, let's go." He started towards the door and Alexandra followed closely. He opened the door, and the two walked out.

Outside, Ronin locked the door and Alexandra watched. "So, where exactly are we going?" he asked. "Neochina," she mumbled quickly. He turned and looked at her. "Slower, louder." She glared at him. "Neo China," she repeated in a harsh tone. "Okay, that's all I wanted," he said with a hint of defensiveness. He walked over to a garage door hit a button next to the door and it opened, revealing a blue plane-like car. He pulled a set of keys out of his pocket and hit a button, opening the cockpit of the strange vehicle. He walked over to the car and hopped in. Alexandra followed hesitantly and did as he did.

When she was inside, he pressed a button that brought the windshield back down. He started it up and drove out of the garage.

After about five minutes of an awkward silence, Ronin broke the silence. "So," he started. "So what?" she retorted quickly. "Can you let me finish?" he asked. She nodded. "Where in Neo China are we going, exactly?" he asked. "Well, I, um, I'm not sure," she stuttered. "You're kidding me, right?" he replied. Alexandra shook her head. He stared at her like she just fell from the sky. She responded to this, "I want to get to the Shaolin Temple." "Shaolin…Temple, I've heard of that place, I think it's outside of Beijing," he replied. "Oh," she muttered. They remained silent for another hour or so, and Ronin spoke again. "That book, why do you carry it around?" he asked. Alexandra looked out the window, not bothering to look at him, and replied, "None of your business." "Okay then," he began, "Maybe you can tell me why is has something about my father in it?" "Your father? You must be mistaken, that book is from the FC 80s," she replied. "Oh," he muttered. After that, they didn't talk at all until they got to Beijing.

They drove along the outskirts of the city to cut down on the time it would take to reach the temple. By this time, they were on a dirt road in the country. That's when they came across a large hill with a barely visible building at the peak. Ronin noticed this and hit the brake pedal hard, sending Alexandra forward. "What the hell was that for?!" she yelled at him. "The road ended," he replied simply. "So?!" she yelled. "Can't you take a hint?" he asked arrogantly. She glared daggers at him as he hit the button to lift windshield. When it was up, he hopped out and she followed.

The pair started to walk up the steep hill. Ronin had his hands in his pockets and was watching the sky in a childish manner as he walked. Alexandra watched ahead. She glanced over at Ronin from time to time. They walked for about another twenty minutes before they reached the building. When they got to the entrance, one of the monks greeted them.

"Can I help you?" he asked. "Maybe you can. I'm looking for a Sarai Sici," she replied. "Oh, yes, Sarai is inside. You'll find her in the room at the end of the hallway," he directed. "Okay, thank you," she said as she walked inside. Ronin followed her with an oblivious look on his face. They walked all the way down the hall until they reached and doorway into a sand floored room. In the center of the room, there was a large rock, and sitting, meditating on the rock, was a young woman with aquamarine hair. She was wearing a white tank top, gray jogging pants, whites sweatbands and a white hair band. Alexandra knocked on the doorframe. The girl opened her eyes and looked at them. "May I be of service to you?" she asked. "Yes," Alexandra asked, "I'm looking for a Sarai Sici." The girl stood up and started to walk over to them. "This is she," she said. "May I speak with you for a moment?" Alexandra asked. "Sure," Sarai replied. "Follow me, we can talk in here."

Ronin and Alexandra followed Sarai into the next room. It was plain, like the rest of the monastery, but instead of sand for the floor, there was a tatami mat and there was a low table and two small cushions on either side for seats. Sarai and Alexandra sat down on the cushions, and Ronin sat against the wall in the corner. After the two sat down, Alexandra began to explain the situation to her.

"I am here to offer you a once in a lifetime chance," she said. "I have everything I could ever want right here," Sarai replied. "Have you ever heard of a thing called Dragon Gundam?" Alexandra asked. "Dragon Gundam, heard of it? The legends of its pilot have been passed on through my family for generations!" she replied. "Really?" Alexandra asked. "Yes," Sarai replied, "When I was a young girl, my mother, before she passed away, would tell me bedtime stories about Sai Sici, Neo China's pilot in the last five Gundam fights. He was supposed to have been raised here. Now, how do you know about it?" "Well," Alexandra said as she pulled the book out of her purse and set it on the table, "I found this in my home. It explains what happened to Sai and the rest of the Shuffle Alliance, as they were called, when they hid their Gundams. Now I am a descendant of Neo Russia's last pilot Argo Gulsky, as Mr. Kasshu over there is a descendant of Neo Japan's. Now, their Gundams were never found, and I am sure that there are enough clues in this book to track them down and return them to their rightful owners. So, would you be willing to join us on our, ah, quest?" Sarai looked at her with starry eyes. "I-I have d-dreamed of continuing my ancestor's legacy since I was a little girl. I would be honored." "Good," Alexandra said, "Oh, an by the way, my name's Alexandra."