G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Before The War ❯ Two Ladies Walk In, And They Exit With The Prince ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

FQ: Sorry for the delay. My Internet privileges were revoked for awhile cause I cranked out a $186 phone bill, and my mom was pissed, but I am back in action, and, well, here's the new chapter.

Before The War

Chapter 5

A few hours later, the sun had set and the stars were littering the sky. Ronin and Alexandra had retired to the guest rooms. Sarai was in her room, but was anything but asleep. She was thinking about the events of the previous day.

"I wonder if Alexandra really knows where the Gundams are," she thought. With that, she sighed and closed her eyes. A few seconds later, she opened her eyes again. "That's it, I can't sleep," she declared. She got up and walked out of her room and outside.

When she got outside, she breathed in the fresh air. She walked a little further out to where you could see the pond east of the temple. She sat down on the grass and gazed at the reflection of the stars on the water's surface. She sighed and leaned back. She looked back up at the stars looked around for different constellations. "There's Draco…Aquarius, where are you?" she thought. She gazed up at the stars for a few moments before she felt and agonizing pain in her right hand, but as soon as it came, it was gone. She looked at her hand, expecting to see some form of mark, but it was fine. "That was weird," she thought. She looked over her hand for a moment until she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around abruptly and saw a very startled Alexandra.

"Alexandra, what are you doing out here?" Sarai asked. "Can't sleep," she replied. "Oh. Me either," Sarai said. They sat in an awkward silence for a moment. "Ah, Alexandra?" Sarai asked. "Yeah," she replied. "Are you sure you know where these Gundams are?" she asked. "Not one hundred percent, but I found a map in that book," Alexandra replied. "Really?" Sarai asked, a hint of doubt in her voice. "Granted, its two hundred years old and not in the best condition, but it isn't hard to compare maps," she replied. "Okay," Sarai said. "It also says something about an island, but I doubt that'll help much," Alexandra stated. "So, where are we going tomorrow?" Sarai asked. "Neo France," she replied quickly, "We're looking for the crown prince." "That should be fun getting past the guards," Sarai said. Alexandra smiled at the joke, got up, and headed back to her room, and Sarai soon followed.

The next morning, Ronin stood outside waiting for the girls. "How long does it take them to get ready?" he thought. He sighed, and as if on cue, Alexandra and Sarai walked out. "Finally," he muttered, opening the cockpit of their vehicle. "What was that?" Alexandra asked. "Nothing," he said. Sarai ran over to the car and jumped in. Ronin and Alexandra slowly walked side by side. "Could you have taken any more time getting ready?" he asked her arrogantly. "Well, we are going to meet the crown prince," she replied. "It won't be worth it. I have a feeling it won't be worth it," he said. "Whatever," she replied as she hopped into the passenger seat. He got into the driver seat, closed the cockpit, and they drove off.

A good twelve hours later, they crossed the border into France. "Can we please stop?" Sarai whined. "No," Ronin replied roughly. "I need to move my legs!" she continued. He turned his head sideways and looked back at her. "Do you want to get to Paris today?" he asked. He looked back ahead of them. Sarai sat with a pout on her face and Alexandra began banging her head against the window. "How much longer do you think it'll take to get to Paris?" she asked. He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, one and a half, maybe two hours," he replied. "Great."

Two hours later, they were in the outskirts of Paris, and Ronin stopped the car. "Wait, why are we stopping?" Alexandra asked. "We're walking," he replied quickly. "What?" Sarai asked. He looked back at her. "What part of we're walking, don't you understand?" he asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm, "And besides, you're the one who wanted to move your legs." She glared daggers at him as he pressed the button that raised the cockpit. When it was up, the three got out.

Alexandra looked around. "This must be the old part of the city," she said. "Yeah, there are parts of Tokyo that are like this, too," Ronin said. They continued walking for another moment or do until Alexandra spoke up. "I guess we could take a cab," she suggested. Ronin looked at her with slight frustration. "How are we supposed to find a cab?" he asked her. Sarai, who had been silent the whole time while walking behind them, rolled her eyes. "You two argue like you've been married for twenty years," she said. They both came to a stop and glared at her. She looked back and forth at their menacing glares. "What?" she asked innocently. They both sighed, and the group continued onward.

After about a half an hour walking, they finally reached civilization. "Finally," Sarai said. "Exactly. Can we get that cab now?" Alexandra asked. "You got cash?" Ronin questioned. "No, I gave it all to you," she shot back. "Don't you think it'd be a little strange for a Japanese man to give out Russian currency in France?" he asked. "So basically, you just don't wanna spend your cash," Sarai concluded. "Precisely," he replied. "Well I'm broke, so what are we supposed to do?" Alexandra asked. "Don't worry, don't worry. I brought money," Sarai said as she fished around in her pocket. Alexandra and Ronin watched as she pulled out a huge wad of money. "How much is that?" Ronin asked with a slight look of amazement. "Just a hundred," she said. "All that is one hundred dollars?" Alexandra asked. "It's all ones and fives. It's mostly stuff I fished outta the donations box at the temple," she replied, "It only took fifteen years to collect." "Well, we better get going," Alexandra suggested. "Yeah, I don't feel like walking around like an idiot looking for the palace," Ronin said. With that, Sarai sat down on the curb. "What are you doing?" Alexandra asked. "Taking a break," she replied quickly. "We're trying to get a cab here!" Alexandra shot back. Sarai looked up at her. "Well then get back to work!" Sarai yelled. They glared at each other for a few moments until a cab pulled up. They both looked at Ronin who smiled sarcastically at the two. "Ladies first," he said as he opened the door. Sarai got in, but as Alexandra attempted to enter the car, Ronin cut her off and got in. She flashed the evil eye at him and got in.

When she entered and he saw the look on her face, he snickered a little. She glared at him, at then they both looked in opposite directions. "Where can I take you?" the cabdriver asked. "Oh, can you take us to the palace?" Alexandra asked. "Sure," he replied as he started the car. They all sat in silence during the drive.

Twenty minutes later, they reached their destination. "Here you are, the palace. That'll be thirty dollars," he said. Sarai counted out the money and handed it to the driver, and they stepped out and stared at the huge building in front of them. "How are we supposed to get in there?" Ronin asked. Alexandra glanced down at his belt at the gun he still had strapped to it. "We won't if you don't hide that thing," she said. Without any trouble at all, he pulled his shirt down over it. "We still need some kind of plan," Sarai said. "Ronin, I'm sure you've broken into a building before," Alexandra said. "I don't kill people in their homes," he said. "Then how the hell do you kill people?" she asked. "Bigger crowds, more suspects, less chance of getting caught," he said simply, "Although, we could kill the guards." Sarai and Alexandra both looked at him like he was insane. "You have one gun, and probably a limited amount of ammo. How would that work?" Sarai asked. "My poor, simple minded friend," he said as he brandished his weapon, "This baby doesn't shoot bullets." Alexandra looked at him with frustration. "Then what does it shoot?" she asked. "Poison darts," he said, taking aim on something neither of them could see, "Poison strong enough to kill anyone and anything that breathes in almost instantly," He pulled the trigger, and a small, steel dart silently shot, hitting its target, which was a small bird. Of course, the only reason they knew it was a bird, was because it fell dead from a tree.

The girls cringed. Ronin lowered his weapon and smiled at them. "Now if you don't think I can't hit a fat ass security guard, I'd like to test that," he said walking forward. "You think we should stop him from something stupid?" Sarai asked. "I think that might be stupid," Alexandra replied. They stood there for a moment, and then chased after him. "Ronin!" Alexandra called. He turned around. "What now?" he asked in a childish manner. "Please, please, don't do anything stupid," Alexandra begged. "Who said I was going to do something stupid?" he asked again. She glared at him. "Fine, fine. First, we'll try the diplomatic way, and if that fails, we'll use plan B," he explained. "And what exactly is plan B?" she asked. "Oh, ah, I'll tell you if we need it," he said. Sarai looked up at her. "There is no plan B," she muttered. "Ronin!" Alexandra yelled. He turned around again, looking very frustrated. "What now?" he asked. "Maybe you should just stay out here, and if we can't get in, we can follow plan B," she said, the last half highlighted with sarcasm. "Fine," he said before he walked over to the curb and sat down. "Okay, maybe now we'll actually have a chance of getting in," she muttered as she and Sarai walked up to the gate.

When at the gate, a fat security guard sitting in the gatehouse, looked at them. "Can I help you ladies?" he asked. "Yeah, we really need to get inside," Alexandra said. "I'd assume you're here to see the prince, is that correct?" he asked again. They both nodded quickly. "Is he expecting you?" he asked again. "Uh huh," Alexandra said. "Your names please?" he said. "Alexandra and Sarai," she replied quickly. He looked over a list and as he went down, a frown grew on his face. "I'm sorry, but you're name isn't on the list," he said. "Oh, well, I know he's expecting us," Sarai said in a seductive tone. "Oh, are you here for, *ahem* personal matters? I'm sorry for the trouble, go right ahead," he said as he opened the gate for them. They walked for a moment in silence until the gate was closed behind. "He thinks we're hookers!" Alexandra whispered loudly. "I know! What kind of freak calls for hookers in pairs?" Sarai asked with disgust. At least we didn't have to go through with 'Plan B'," Sarai said. "Yeah, that would've really sucked," Alexandra replied.

After about twenty minutes of traversing the extensive palace and actually getting directions, the girls finally found the prince's room. "This guy must have some serious girl problems," Sarai said. Alexandra nodded as she knocked on the door. They heard what sounded like someone saying 'come in', so they did.

On the bed in the center of the room sat a young man around the age of twenty with dark blonde hair, almost with a red sheen and deep violet eyes. Around him, however, were six young women wearing practically nothing swooning over him. Sarai and Alexandra both smiled sweetly, but inwardly, they had disgusted looks on their faces.

He got up and walked over to them, leaving the rest of the girls with jealous looks on their faces. "Hello ladies," he said smoothly, "May I trouble you for your names?" "Sarai," Sarai said quickly, "And Alexandra," Alexandra continued. "Good, good," he said, "My name is Jacque," he said indicating himself with his hand. He grabbed each of their hands and tried to lead them over to the rest of his little harem, but they resisted. "Alex, Alex, Alex. May I call you Alex?" he asked. "Did I mention that was General Alexandra Gulsky?" she asked, pushing on her last nerve. "Oh," he said, almost in a giggle, " A theme." Finally, she snapped and yanked her hand away. "Do I look like I'm a prostitute?" she asked. He looked her over and shook his head. "Hmm, no," he shrugged. She silently gasped in offense and disgust and would have knocked his teeth out if Sarai hadn't stopped her. He put his hands up in defense. "Wait, Gulsky, that sounds Russian. Oh, you're here for peace talks, aren't you?" he said. "I'm here to talk, but not about peace," she said. One of the other ladies was tugging at his sleeve and he put up one finger to shoo her away. "What do you want?" he asked. "One moment," she said before turning to Sarai, "Go tell Ronin we'll be getting out of here soon." Sarai nodded and left the room. "Oh, Jacque, come back over here," one of the women said in a seductive voice. "Ladies, maybe if you could come back later," he said. They all sighed and exited the room. "Now, back to the conversation," Alexandra said.

Outside, Sarai and Ronin were now sitting on the curb together. "So, the guards thought you were hookers?" Ronin asked. "Uh huh," Sarai replied, "Yeah, he already had six girls in there, too." At that moment, the girls Jacque had dismissed walked out. Ronin turned his head and watched them. "Damn," he said. Sarai looked at him. "Are you listening to me? Ronin!" she yelled. He jerked his head back and looked at her. "Yeah, I'm listening," he said innocently. "Right," she muttered.

Back inside, Alexandra had finished explaining the situation to Jacque. "So, you expect me, the prince of France, to go on a wild goose chase for Gundams that probably don't even exist?" he asked. "Yeah, pretty much," Alexandra said. "You have to be kidding me," he said. "It's not like you have anything to lose. Or anything better to do," she said. "Good point," he said. She put out her hand. "So, are you in?" she asked. "Fine," he said as he put his hand in hers. "I'm in."