G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Before The War ❯ Meeting On The Doorstep ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

FQ: So, you decided to come back, eh? Good answer! Again, I'd like to apologize for the delay with the last update, so I'll do it in Japanese! Gomen! See, this is great already. You just learned some Japanese. Now, I did you that favor, and now you have to do me a favor and review! Pretty please?

P.S. Please read the chapter before reviewing. Again, thank you for your time.

Before The War

Chapter 6

By now, the group was on their way to Neo America. In the front seat, where Ronin and Alexandra were sitting, Sarai's angry yelling could be heard. "Jacque! Stop it!" she yelled. He quickly dodged a punch she threw at him. "God, I hate him!" she yelled. Alexandra looked back at them. "What's he doing now?" she asked. "Same thing as an hour ago. Trying to feel me up every five minutes," she said, her voice hot with anger. "Hit him," Alexandra said simply. "That's the problem," she said, "He's fast. Really fast." Alexandra sighed. "What?" Sarai asked. "Well, we wouldn't have this problem if you would've just let me hit him when I had the chance," she said. "Yeah, and we'd probably be sitting in jail waiting to get bailed out by an assassin if we would have done that," Sarai replied. "What, you don't think I woulda bailed you guys out?" Ronin chimed in. "No," they said in unison. After that they sat in silence for about five minutes. Until, of course, Jacque again thought he could 'outsmart' Sarai. "Get your filthy hands off of me you little pervert!!!" she screamed. Instead of hitting him, she sat back in her seat, and he looked at her almost with amazement. She looked over at him and smiled. "What are you planning?" he asked her suspiciously. "Oh, nothing…………But this!" she yelled as she lunged after him striking him square in the nose. He yelled in agony and held his hand to his nose, although a small trickle of blood could still be seen.

He removed his hand and looked in the window to try and see his reflection. Sarai then grabbed his hair, which he had in a ponytail and pulled him back, yelling the whole time.

She had him so he was looking straight up at her. "Now," she started, "Do you have anything you'd like to say to me?" "Oh, ah, yeah, I-I'm sorry," he said, almost in a whimper. "That's better. Now, you're not going to try and feel me up again, are you?" she asked him. He shook his head and she released him. He sat back up and stroked the back of his hair. "Dude, that was pitiful," Ronin said from the front seat. "Just shut up, okay," Jacque said, still trying to get his nosebleed to stop. Alexandra looked back at Sarai. "Nice one," she said, "You really got him there!" "Okay, can we please stop talking about how stupid I am? I mean, I did agree to play along with this stupid thing," Jacque said. "Fine, fine, we'll stop making you the butt of our jokes," Alexandra said. "Good."

A few hours later, they were almost in the states and Sarai and Jacque were asleep in the back seat. "So, Alexandra, what city are we going to?" Ronin asked. "New York City," she replied quickly. "Who are we looking for again?" he asked again. "A man by the name of Eric Crockett," she answered. They sat in silence for a moment, until Alexandra broke it. "Ronin?" she asked. "What?" he replied. "Where did you learn how to do that, aim I mean?" she asked. "I thought you'd ask that eventually. It's a long story, you wouldn't want to hear it," he replied in an almost depressing tone. "I don't mind," she said. He looked forward with an empty gaze. He breathed through his nose for a moment, as if deciding if he should tell her or not. She looked over at him. "If you don't want to," she said caringly. "You'd be the first person I told, but, I guess you'd be the first to want to listen, so," he said. Alexandra stared at him. He was almost hypnotic to think about. "How could one person act so cold and shallow, and then the next minute be so deep and willing to tell you everything?" she asked herself. She came back to the real world when Ronin tapped her on the shoulder. "You still with me?" he asked. "Oh, yeah, I'm sorry," she said. "Good," he said, "I was in the Japanese army, the sniper division to be exact. I was one of their elite officers, but, something, well, someone, my friend, Taro Higurashi, well, he…he screwed up, there was an accidental death, so I, being his officer and being responsible for him, took the fall. I got a dishonorable discharge, but." He stopped talking. It was as if the story just…ended. Just like that. Alexandra looked at him. His eyes looked as though they had tears in them. "Ronin, I'm sorry if I intruded," she said. "No, it's fine, you didn't intrude," he replied. After that, they were pretty much silent.

After a few hours, they reached Neo America. Jacque and Sarai were awake, and thankfully, Jacque had learned his lesson. "We're almost there," Ronin said. "Good," Alexandra replied. Alexandra was still thinking about what Ronin said. "He was almost hesitant to tell me that story," she thought. She looked down at the floor.

About five minutes later, they were walking around lower Manhattan, and they were pretty much lost. "Do you have any idea where in hell this building is?" Sarai asked Alexandra. "Uh, no, not really," she replied. "Do you have the address?" Ronin asked. "Oh, yeah, I have the address, but I have absolutely no idea where this place is except that it's in lower Manhattan, where we are now," she replied. "Let me see that," Ronin said as he grabbed the paper out of her hand. "3421Broadway Apartment 4 Floor 2," he read aloud. "Now what?" Sarai asked. "Why don't we just… hey! Where's Jacque?" Alexandra asked. Sarai turned around and saw him flirting with a young woman with long brown hair tied in a ponytail and she was wearing a short green skirt. "Jacque!!" Sarai yelled. He looked away for a moment and she walked away. "What?" he asked. She called him over with her eyes. He turned back and called after the girl. After a few frustrating tries, he gave up and walked back over and joined the rest of the group. "What was that for, Sarai?" he asked. "Don't forget, we still have to find that guy, Eric," she said. "Oh, fine," he said in a childish way. "Man, you're on women like a homeless person on a ham sandwich," Ronin joked. Alexandra burst out laughing. "Shut up!" he yelled. "Okay, now, let's just go already," Alexandra said, trying to keep from laughing. "Fine then!" he yelled, "Let's go!" They continued on walking.

About an hour later, they found the right street. Alexandra looked at the paper with the address. "That should be it," she said, pointing at the last building on the left. "Finally," Jacque complained. "What are you talking about? You've been having a great time, flirting with every pretty girl you see," Ronin said. "Whatever," Jacque muttered. They walked over to the building and checked the mailboxes before they went upstairs. "Crockett, Crockett, Crockett…Here we go!" she said as she checked them over. At that moment, as if on cue, a man pulled up on a cherry red motorcycle. He got off and took off his matching helmet. He walked up the stairs to the door and looked at them. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, maybe you can," Alexandra said, "We're looking for a man named Eric Crockett." "Yeah, that's me," he replied. Alexandra turned her head briefly and looked at Sarai, who was staring Eric. He was pretty attractive. He had spiked purple hair, dark green eyes, a pierced eyebrow, pierced lower lip, and a diamond stud in his left ear. Alexandra tapped her shoulder and jolted her out of la la land.

"So, what do you want?" Eric asked. "We would like to talk to you," Alexandra replied. At that moment, a beautiful woman with long blonde hair and a short orange skirt walked up the stairs, and Jacque went nuts. Sarai put her arm out to stop him, but he knocked her over and she fell flat of her face. Eric pushed Jacque back. The woman stayed on the other side of the staircase. "Hey, Eric," she said, looking strangely at Jacque. "Hi, Mina," he replied. Eric then helped Sarai up. "You okay?" he asked. "Yeah," she replied, dusting off her pants, "Thanks." "Like I said, we would like to talk to you," Alexandra continued. "Maybe we should talk inside," he said, turning Jacque, "Away from all the beautiful women." Jacque rolled his eyes. Eric opened the door and let everyone in. They walked up the two flights of stairs to his apartment and waited as he unlocked the door. When the door was open, they all walked in.

Alexandra and Eric sat down on the couch in the middle of the room, Ronin went and sat in the corner, Sarai turned on the TV and sat down and watched it, and Jacque went over to the window to see if he could see any pretty ladies.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Eric asked. "Well," Alexandra started, " I have a proposition to make you." "And that is?" he asked. "How would you like to have a Gundam of your own?" she asked. "What? Are you serious?" he asked. She nodded. "How in hell would you get me a Gundam?" he asked again. "Well, we, being me, Sarai, Ronin, and Jacque, are on a sort of quest to find them, but, when we find, we each get one. Now, since there are five of them, and since you are a direct descendant of one of their owners," she persuaded. He looked at her for a moment as if in deep thought. "Are you in?" she asked. "I guess."

________________________________________________________________ _____________________

FQ: Hiiiieeeeeeeeee! I'm back! And, for those of you who didn't notice, the two girls who Jacque was looking at, were none other than Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Venus, appearing in that order, and they are here today!

*Chibodee and George who are sitting on the bed look at the door as the girls walk in*

Sailor Venus: We have arrived!

Sailor Jupiter: *Looks at Chibodee* Hey there, cutie! *Goes and sits very close to him*

*Sailor Jupiter is draped over Chibodee while Sailor Venus is sitting next to a very uncomfortable George and playing with his hair*

FQ: So, girls, long time no see. How have you been?

Sailor Jupiter: We've been good. *Strokes Chibodee's hair*

Sailor Venus: *Picks up Noble Gundam and looks at it* What's this?

George: That's a Noble Gundam action figure.

Sailor Venus: Cool. Did anyone ever tell its pilot that it looks like Sailor Moon?

George: I don't think so…

Sailor Jupiter: I say we have a party! That okay with you Fictionqueen?

FQ: That was exactly what I was thinking! You call the rest of the Scouts, Chibodee, you call Domon, (no offense, but Argo probably wouldn't exactly be the life of the party), and I'll call a couple of buddies from the Sengoku-jidai and we'll party! Readers, come back later for the next installment of the story, and more partying! Wooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!