G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Before The War ❯ Off To A Bumpy Start ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

FQ: Hello again. I would like to again present Fictionqueen's Worldwide Language. Today the language is Italian. Here it is: Manco per le palle (MAHN-ko pare lay PAH-lay). This pretty much means eat my shorts. I dare you to go and say that to a person who speaks Italian. I just dare you. Well, Naraku and Sailor Mars just got here, so, here is the next installment.

Before The War

Chapter 7

Eric had allowed the group to spend the night in his apartment, and everyone but Alexandra was asleep. She was still up, comparing the map in the book to the one on her pompilot screen. "Where the hell does this thing even represent?" she thought angrily. She wished she had never said those words. Maps aren't hard to compare. "Yes they are," she thought. She had been up for hours trying to figure out where this map even was. All she had was that it was in Asia. Problem is, Asia is huge. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that. However, you did to find this place. Alexandra sighed and dropped her pencil.

Across the room, Ronin opened his eyes. He slowly got up, not making a sound, and silently walked over to where Alexandra was sitting. "Alexandra, what are you doing up?" he asked in a whisper. She spun around with an almost terrified look on her face. "Y-you don't just go sneaking up on people like that!" she said in a loud whisper. "Why are you still up?" he asked. "I'm trying to figure out where the hell those Gundams are," she said in an agitated tone. "How much do you have so far?" he asked. "They're in Asia. But I got that from the book, not the map," she answered. He smirked. "What?" she demanded. "You know you won't find everything out in one night," he said, "Get some sleep. At least we'll know to go to Asia in the morning." She watched him as he went back to his spot in the corner of the room. She sighed closed the book, and just laid her head down, using the book as a pillow.

The next morning, everyone but Alexandra was awake. "Is she ever going to wake up?" Jacque asked. "At this rate, it's more likely that you'll stop trying to feel me up," Sarai replied. He glared at her as she stood up and walked over to the desk where Alexandra had fallen asleep. Sarai put her hands on Alexandra's shoulders and shook them. Alexandra shot straight up in the chair. "W-what!" she yelled. "Well it's about time you got up," Ronin commented. "Really?" Alexandra asked as she looked around for the clock. "It's eleven o'clock," Eric said. She looked at him. "Are you serious?" she asked. He nodded. Alexandra got up and brushed a stray strand of hair out of her face. She smoothed an invisible crease form her skirt and sat back down on the couch next to Sarai. "So, where are we going today?" Sarai asked. "Somewhere in Asia," Alexandra said as she opened the book back up. She looked at the map carefully for a moment. Sarai leaned her head over and stared for a moment. "I think I recognize this place," she said softly. "Really?" Alexandra asked with curiosity. "Yeah," she said as she moved her finger to indicate something, "I think these here are the Himalayans." "Are you serious?" Alexandra asked. Sarai nodded her head grimly. Alexandra rotated to book. "There's gotta be some kind of scale," she murmured. They looked at the map for a moment. Finally, after a moment of staring, they found it. "Oh! Right here!" Sarai said, pointing at a barely visible scale, hidden carefully in the mountains. "God, I can barely read that," Alexandra said. "This goes all the way down to Neo Hong Kong," Sarai said. "Okay, so they're probably in the area in the map," Alexandra said. "But this area must be thousands of square miles," Sarai continued. "This is gonna be a long ass day."

An hour later, they were all crammed back into the now seemingly tiny car of Ronin's, on their way back to Asia. Alexandra sat in the front seat with Ronin, and Sarai, Jacque, and Eric were all stuffed in the back seat. Sarai, foolishly thinking Jacque had learned his lesson the previous day after she had punched him, sat in the middle. "Jacque!" she screamed as he tried to put his arm around her, "Get your filthy mitts off me!!" He quickly dodged her flying fists and settled down. She sat there for a moment with her arms crossed and an expression of sheer anger on her face. Eric looked at her. "You wanna switch seats?" he asked kindly. "Really?" she asked. He nodded. "Yeah, sure, I guess," Sarai answered. Jacque had 'That's not fair' written all over his face. Sarai looked at him. "Jacque, you're lucky I haven't tried to throw you out the window," she said sarcastically. He looked at her strangely. "Don't look at me like you're innocent," she said coldly. Then she turned to Eric, who was now sitting in the middle. "Thank you for switching seats with me. I'm sure dog-boy over there won't be a problem for you," she said before looking out the window. "Kiss up," Jacque muttered. Sarai, not bothering even to look at him, gave him the finger. Jacque glared daggers at her and flipped her off in return. Eric looked back and forth between the two, who were now both looking out their windows, shrugged his shoulders, and sighed.

After an what seemed like an eternity, the sun had set but they had finally reached Asia. Alexandra had her head pressed against her window. "Ronin," she started, in a half asleep half awake manner. At first, he paid no mind to her. "Ronin!" she repeated, this time much louder. "What?" he asked. "How long have we been driving?" she asked. "I have no idea," he replied. "I was just gonna say how maybe we should just stop at a hotel or something," she said. He looked back and forth across the road and then back at her. "We're in the middle of frickn' nowhere. Do you see any hotels?" he asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm, "And besides, you're not the one who's driving." "Fine then. You just keep driving until we go over a cliff cause you fell asleep," she replied. "I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This is going to be a long ass day," Sarai chimed in.

Right as Sarai completed her sentence, they heard a strange noise, and the car stopped. "What the hell?" Ronin said, banging on steering wheel. Alexandra looked around for a moment like a deer in the headlights. "What happened?" she asked. "How the hell should I know?" Ronin said. "Lemme check this thing out," Eric said. "What are you gonna do?" Ronin asked. "I'm a mechanic. It's what I do," he replied before getting out. Eric walked in front of the car. "Ronin! Pop the hood!" he called. Ronin complied and opened the hood. Eric fanned the smoke out his face and coughed. "Oh, man, you're motor is shot!" he said, emphasizing the word shot, "We're lucky we got this hunk a junk as far as we did." Ronin started banging his head on the steering wheel. "Ronin! Ronin, stop it!" Alexandra yelled. "What?" he asked. "Do you know if we're in Russia yet?" she asked. "Yeah, I think so," he replied. She got her cell phone out of her bag. She hit a few numbers and held it up to her ear. "Hello? Hi, Tavoc, this is Alexandra, you won't believe where I am? Hey, yeah, could you, ah, give us a ride?" she asked sweetly. Ronin watched her face contort with offense and anger. Then she held the phone to her mouth. "Screw you, Tavoc!!!!" she screamed into it before hanging up, "That bastard!" "What's this Tavoc guy, you're boyfriend?" Ronin asked. "Do the math. Do you really think he's my boyfriend?" Alexandra asked. He shook his head. "Good answer."

Sarai kicked some gravel up from the road. "This really sucks," she said. "It could be worse," Jacque said. "Don't say that! You'll jinx it," she said. "You're the one who jinxed the car, jackass," he replied. "I will break your nose this time, princy!" she yelled. Before she could lunge for his throat, Eric stopped her. "Lemme go!" she yelled. "Sarai, calm down. Sarai!" Eric said. She calmed down, but she still glared at Jacque. "Sit down and take a deep breath," Eric said, helping her to the ground. They all sat in an almost deadly silence for a moment. "It's funny," Sarai started, "I always thought the Americans were the womanizing heathens and the French were the polite and gentlemanly. It seems in this case, the two have been switched." Eric laughed a little. Jacque glared at the two of them. At that second, Alexandra stepped out of the car and looked at them. "So, do we have a ride?" Sarai asked. Alexandra shook her head. "Looks like we're walking," Sarai said. Ronin quickly got out as well kicked the side of the car while muttering something. He walked over to the rest of the group. "We should get going."

________________________________________________________________ ___________________

FQ: *Screaming over loud music* So, what did you think? I know, it was short, but, hey. Anyway, my little party is really rocking! Yeah, Sailor Pluto, form Sailor Moon, brought music form the future! I'm not sure when exactly it's from, but she said it's around the time when Eminem's too old to remember a word that rhymes with duck. Well, I gotta go save George! He's been a real babe magnet and I don't think he can resist much longer! Let's review, shall we?!