G. I. Joe Fan Fiction ❯ A Snake with a Temper ❯ Chapter 12 Continued ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The next day Jinx came running up to Temper with a big smile on her face. "He isn't going to punish us, whatever you said to him worked!" Jinx informed. Temper smiled.

"That's great, but next time, let's not get into a food fight alright?" Jinx nodded and smirked.
"So what did you say to him anyway?"

"That is between me and Snake Eyes."

Jinx shrugged. "Whatever you say. So, you wanna spar tonight?" Temper cursed Jinx out in her head.

"I can't actually," Temper admitted.

"Oh, really?" Jinx's tone gave it all away. Jinx tried to keep a poker face, but failed when her lips slowly curled up in a mischievous smile. She must have figured it out, Temper thought as she looked to Jinx and playfully glared.

"I have a date."

Jinx grinned and Temper could not help but smile. "What're you going to wear? What time is it? Do you even know where you're going?"

"Probably jeans and t-shirt, eight, and no," Temper told Jinx, trying to keep up with her.

"I understand how jeans would be the most optimal way to go, but a t-shirt?"

"What? You wanna help me?" Temper asked. Jinx nodded excitedly.

"I'll be there at seven," Jinx said and looked at the time. "I have to go, don't forget about your date!" Jinx ran out the door and Temper chuckled to herself. I don't think it's possible to forget, she thought to herself as she went to look for Snake Eyes.

When she did, she was not happy. More like jealous. Snake Eyes was signing to a new girl that Temper did not recognize. The woman had brunette hair, fair skin, and green eyes. Pretty would be an understatement, this woman was beautiful, and Temper hated her. She was not sure what it was about this woman, but the entire vibe of the woman put Temper off. She approached the two carefully. The woman was the first to notice her and step out to greet her.

"Hi, I'm Alyssa," the woman said, holding out her hand. Temper shook it and stared at the woman, not sure what to think.

"Temper," she replied. Snake Eyes watched as Temper tensed, ready to intervene when she lashed out.

"Oh, Temper! I've heard a lot about you," Alyssa informed her. "I'm here to talk to you."

"Talk to me?" Temper questioned. Alyssa nodded and grinned.

"There's a lot to discuss." Temper looked to Snake Eyes.

I have to go teach the class, will you be fine on your own?

Temper did not want to be alone with the woman, but she nodded anyway. He left the two females alone to talk.

"Let me start off with this, you can call me Alyssa, or Striker, whichever you prefer. I know you have information on your mother-"

"How do you know that?" Temper interrupted.

"General Hawk had sent someone he knew a message, told them to look out for your mother. They found her and relayed that you would be in Japan. She got swamped and she wasn't exactly sure how you would react if she just showed up and said, 'hey, I'm your mother, sorry about not being there for your entire childhood, but hey, at least I gave birth to you!' So she sent me in her place." Temper soaked this all in, she could tell Alyssa was not lying by using what Tommy had taught her.

"Alright," Temper accepted the information, "tell me what's going on." Alyssa smiled and nodded.
***
Temper paced inside her room as Jinx looked through the drawers of the dresser.

"Does Snake Eyes know what went on between you and Alyssa?" Jinx asked.

"No, I haven't even spoken to him yet," she replied.

"Well, you need to tell someone, especially if it's bothering you this much."

"I'll be fine."

"This one!" Jinx said, pulling out a beige knit top and a black bandeau. Temper took it from Jinx and changed. The top showed her midriff, there was a gap on both shoulders exposing her upper arms. Temper pulled on black jeans and her black flats.

"Well?" Temper asked, holding out her arms.

Jinx stepped away to get a full view. She came up to Temper and undid the bun she always had in, letting her hair fall. Jinx quickly brushed through the tangles. She then took a step back to look over Temper again and nodded.

"Much better, why don't you let your hair down? It's beautiful."

"It sort of gets in the way when fighting, and thanks." Temper brushed some strands of hair behind her ear and looked at her phone. "I need to get going," she said as she backed out the room.

"Right, don't want you to be late!" Jinx followed her out of the bedroom and to the dining room. "Good luck." Jinx pulled Temper into a hug and went back to her own room. Temper stayed put until Jinx disappeared from sight. She rubbed her clammy hands against her jeans, walked out of the temple, and past the guards. She found Snake Eyes waiting for her. He smiled at her, looking her up and down.

You look gorgeous, he complimented. Heat rushed to her cheeks.

"Thank you. Never thought I would see you in civilian clothes outside your bedroom." She thought over what she said. "That sounded a little bit inappropriate didn't it?" she chuckled nervously as she watched him smile and nod.

You hungry? he asked.

"Starving, I don't think I've eaten since this morning," she replied. Snake Eyes led her into the shadows of Tokyo to a small restaurant where they spent most of their night.