Gargoyles Fan Fiction ❯ Its Not A Dream ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Ok I did another chapter. Most of the time I finish the stories before I post them on here, but right now I will post a new chapter on here when I finish like 3 other chapters since I mostly write for Quizilla.com. Also if you want on quizilla I have a poll to go with this story so if you want to take it go to my profile on here and click the link to the poll to take it.

I closed my math book. Only a two weeks into the school year and the teachers seem to weigh their students down with tons of work. The school itself is the best in Japan so we got to do way more home work then any other schools. Just then I heard a knock at my bedroom door. I turned to the dictation of the door while saying come in. I watched the white painted wooden door was slowly pushed open and my dad walked in.

"Finished your homework butterfly?" he asked. I smile at the nick name he gave me since I was little.

"Yes, dad I finished it all. I did most of it in study hall and other classes when I had some free time." I said with a small smile.

"Ok, as long as you do your work for the class as well. Well any way your mother just finished cooking so she sent me to come get you. Come on lets hurry before it gets cold then she will have both our heads." he said with a small laugh. That is something I fine weird about my parents. They seem to love to joke about the other all the time wither it was with each other or with other people. Never once get mad at the other for saying anything wrong. Its weird, but I kind of find it fun. I guess that is what happens when you find the right person as they say.

"Ok, dad. Lets go." I said with a smile as I got up and walked over to him. He smiled and placed an arm around my shoulders as we walked out of my room and to the kitchen.

~ 4 hours later~

Dinner had got by the same as ever. Everyone told their stories about what happened during the day. I always skipped the parts about my fight because they already know about those. After dinner and a slice of cheese cake I took my bath and got into my nightclothes which was a black baggy Linkin Park t-shirt ,with their name and image off their new cd minutes to midnight in white, and black baggy shorts. Mom always hate when I dressed like that she would always say.

"Raven you are such a beautiful girl so why do you wear all that black baggy clothes to bed. It just not you." she would say with a frown. I would always tell her.

"It doesn’t make a difference because no one will see them when I sleep other then you guy when you check on me. So it really don’t matter. There’s no one to impress." then I would always roll my eyes. She just don’t get that I don’t like to wear nightgowns like other girl. I was kind of move around in my sleep too much and it would end up wrapped around me making it far to uncomfortable to sleep. After I entered my room I clicked to make sure everything for school was in my backpack ready for Monday morning. Once I was sure I had everything I turned off my lamp and climbed into bed. As soon as I wrapped my black bed sheet around me I was out.

~Somewhere in the house~

Reid looked at his watched again while sitting on his bed next to the phone. Annabelle looked at her husband. She knew he was going to need a push to do this, but it was fro Raven’s own good and that is what they both needed to focuses on.

"Reid just pick up the phone and call him. I know you don’t want to do it hell even I don’t want to do it, but it must be done." she said as a small tear slipped down her ghostly skin of her face. Reid nodded and picked up the phone and started dialing the numbers.

~The Next morning~

I was glad that today was Saturday because I got to sleep two hours later then I would for the week day. Once I was up and dressed I walked to the kitchen and saw mom was just finishing up a big breakfast. I saw she had cooked eggs, bacon, toast, grits, and oatmeal. Something big was about to happen because it’s the only time she cooks all of that. Normally the only thing we eat for breakfast is what we fix ourselves. We really were not a breakfast family we just got a little something to hold us over till lunch. On the week days dinner was a family meal and on the weekend its was lunch and dinner. So when mom cooked breakfast it always meant something bad. I slowly walked over a chair and sat down at the table while mom walked over with a plate with a little bit of everything on it. As she set it down in front of me I looked at her.

"Mom did someone die or something?" I asked raising an eyebrow. She looked at me with a sadness that I couldn’t place.

"No, why on earth would you ask such a thing?" she asked.

"Well, you only make breakfast like this when something bad happens and its normally something bad. So if no ones dead then what is going on?" I asked getting a little worried and scared.

"Its nothing your father will tell you when he comes out." she said as she tuned and walked back to the stove. Ok now this is really worrying. If no one is dead then what is in the world is going on. I thought as I began to eat. After what mom just said I didn’t have much of an appetite so I just nibbled on a piece of toast.

"Morning all." my father said as he walked into the kitchen, walked over to my mother, and got a plate of food from her as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. She smiled and blushed about ten shades of red. I know my parents should be on a anniversary card or something. As he turned to look at me I didn’t see the happiness shine in his eyes like I always saw even when he was fussing at me it was there. Again the feeling of dread wash over me once again. He walked over to the table with mom following behind him with a plate of her own. Once they both sat down I looked to my dad. He looked at me before he spoke.

"Raven your mom and I gave this a lot of thought and with all the fights you have been getting into so far at school. We both think its best if you go live with your uncle David." He stopped to look at my reaction. I looked at him with wide eyes and my month just dropped. I couldn’t say anything. I stayed like that for what seemed like hours, but was only a minute. I finally closed my month. All I could feel was hurt, anger, and concussion. Why was he doing this? I wasn’t really a horrible child was I? Why was this happing to me? Before I could get a hold of my mind I began to speak.

"What!? Why? Why are you sending me to live with him? Was I though horrible? What is it that I did wrong? What ever it is I can stop doing it." I asked from shock. I really didn’t want to rise my voice the way I did at first. Plus I could have thought of some better way of saying what I said if I could really think. I looked from dad to mom and back again waiting for someone to answer my questions.

"Raven you are not horrible, but." dad started, but I cut him off before he could say any more.

"Then why are you doing this to me?" I asked looking back and forth between the two of them. This time it was mom who spoke up.

"Raven we are just really worried about you. Only two weeks into the school year and you have been in twenty fights not to mention all the fights you have been in since we movies to Japan. We are just worried that you could end up getting kicked out of school, going to jail, being hurt, or even killed. We just think he will be able to keep you out of trouble better then we can. That is all. We are doing this because we love you ." She said softly as she looked at me. Her ice blue eyes showed so much concern for me. I looked down at my plate.

"We love you Raven. We didn’t want it to come to this, but when the school called us yesterday they said that your place there was in danger and the next fight would land you in jail for a day." this time it was dad who spoke again. I knew what they were saying was true. I have gotten into hell of a lot of fights since we first moved here.

"Ok, I see where the both of you are coming from, but why him. Didn’t he go to jail not to long ago?" I asked rising an eyebrow.

"He only went to jail because he was found to have stolen goods, but he didn’t know they where stolen when he bought them, but he didn’t fight it. He did his time and its over and done with. He even got married and had a son. Too bad both occasions we had to work." dad said as he looked sad. I knew he wanted to see his younger brother get married and be there for the birth of his nephew, but that is the way the world is. We don’t always get to do what we want to do, but we do what we have to do. I knew I wanted to stay here, but I knew I had to go to new york.

"So when do I leave?" I asked. I wanted to cry right then and there, but I was not going to seem weak. I knew if I started to cry then mom would cry.

"This afternoon around 4:30. I know that doesn’t give us much time together, but it was the best I could get this morning. David and I agreed that the sooner you where on your way over there the better off you would be. Don’t worry your mother and I will take some time off and fly over there to see you when ever we get a chance." he said as he looked at me. I nodded.

"Can I be excused I’m not really hungry and I have a lot of packing to do." I said and I looked at both of my parents. Both of them nodded. I stood up, grabbed my plate, walked over to the sink, place the plate in the sink, and walked to my room. Once I closed the door I leaned against it. I looked around my room, taken in every detail. This would be the last time I see my room in a long time. I walked away from the door and began looking around to see what I was going to take and what was I going to leave behind.