Gargoyles Fan Fiction ❯ Its Not A Dream ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It seems like forever since my dad told me I was going to live with my uncle David. I have been on plane for a whole day and there was only 30 minutes left before we land in New York City. I played with the silver cross I got from Spencers. I always played with it when I got nervous. Well really I played with any necklace that I wore at the time, but most of time I wore this cross or my Celtic star. I still feel sleepy even after I spent most of the flight sleeping. All I wanted to do was get off this plane and walk. I hate sitting down for hours and not being able to really stretch my legs by walking. I took my book Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. It was one I had read over and over again. I know I am a little to old to read those kind of books, but I have been reading them since the beginning. It just takes me away from everything and right now I really needed that.

~30 minutes later~

I had just got off the plane and was calling my mom and dad to let them know I made it to NY with no problem. They where not really fliers and I was not either. I always though back to the old saying when its your time its your time, but what if it’s the person you are sitting next to time to go. I know its stupid, but I hate flying. He told me that I was to meet Own Burnett. I think I remember meeting him a few years ago at a family gathering. Grandpapa was fussing at uncle David because he couldn’t stay for he had to get to a few business meetings with companies he was going to be buying out. The man looked at if he was made of stone. He really had no expression at all. Kinda weird. I have heard of people like that, but never seen one until him. When I hung up with my parents I turned around and jumped a little. The same guy I seen long ago was right behind me.

"Miss Xanatos your uncle got detained with his work so I was sent to get you. I see you have already gotten your luggage. Follow me the limo is waiting." he said as he picked up two suitcases.

"Ok, how did you know I was Raven Xanatos? I mean there are a lot of other teenage girls around here, who is to say that I really am Raven Xanatos." I said. I mean come on who just assumes that someone who you never met is who you are looking for.

"Your uncle told me what you look like and say that you never seem to change only grow older. Plus there are not too many teenage girls with looks like yours nor did I say I was looking for Raven." he said as he loaded my luggage into the trunk of the limo then closed it. I shrugged.

"Ok. Fair enough I guess." I said as he opened the door of the limo and waited for me to get in. Once I was inside the limp he closed the door and walked over to the drivers front. I just laid back and looked around. I have never been in a limp before. It was everything I seen in the movies. The tv, tape player, VHS player, Cd players, and all those buttons that worked a lot of stuff I didn’t know. I just looked out the window. I have been to the Big Apple before. When I was little and my parents would have to leave on business and they couldn’t take me I would either stay with Grandpapa or uncle David, but since we moved to Japan they never had to go way for a while. It really seems weird to be here. Before long Owen pulled the limo into the garage and parked. I didn’t even know we where there till he opened the door. I got out and saw a woman with long red hair. Her pale skin made it stick out. She had some sort of blue tattoo around her left eye. She had on a long sleeved red shirt and long black pants. Once she saw me she walked over to me.

"You must be Raven I am Fox." she said as she held out her hand for me to shake which I did. “David and I are so happy you are going to be living with us. Owen will bring up your bags to your room while we go see David and then I will show you to your room and let you get settled in. How dose that sound?” she asked.

"Sounds good to me." you said with a small smile. You really haven’t known her for more then a minutes, but you had a feeling that you where definitely going to like Fox. She smiled at me even more.

"Good lets go. David should be finishing up his last meeting for the day." She said as she looked at the watch on her wrist. I nodded and followed her to the elevator. She pressed the button for the floor that his office was on. I always hated this building because it was so high and I never did well in high places and since I last been here it has gotten even taller with the castle I heard he had bought and moved here.

"I head uncle bought a castle and moved it here. So how his that going?" I asked tying to make small talk.

"Yeah he had it placed on top the building. Its kind of like a fairy tale when you are up there and look down and see all the clouds." She said with a smile.

"It sounds nice, but it will take me a while to ever get enough nerve too look over the edge. I really don’t do well in heights till I get used to a place." I said.

 

"Yeah I know what you mean. It will take a while to get used to things around here. Things tend to get weird around here." she with a very thoughtful look on her face. I turned my head to look at her. What did she mean by that, but before I could say anything the elevator door s opened and she walked out and began making her way down the hall with me right behind her. We walked all the way down the hall to the end and I saw two doors. OK this is a little weird a big long hallway and only two doors. She knocked on the door and we heard a muffled voice. She opened the door and we walked in. I looked around and saw that his office had changed a little since I was last there. It was no longer cluttered with filling cabinets. This desk was black. On it sat a apple computer and scattered all over the desk top was papers. Mostly from his meetings earlier. He sat at his desk and was sorting the papers into little piles.

"She is here." Fox said as she stepped aside to show that I was behind her. Uncle David looked up from his papers to see what she had said. He smiled as he placed the papers back down on the desk and stood up. He walked around the desk and came to a stop right in front of me.

"Raven its been a long time, but you just as pretty as ever." He said as he hugged me. I smiled as we pulled apart.

"Yeah, people always seem to say that. You always look the same no matter what. What is your secret ?" I asked joking with him.

"Its that is the way the Xanatos family," he said with a smile and a wink. I laughed. "Man you have grown taller since the last time I saw you. You where just a little thing that I could pick up and throw in the air and now look at you almost as tall as I am." he said looking down at you. You heard the sound of the door open and closed behind you. Owen walked over to your uncle’s desk and picked up a pile of papers to look though. I didn’t even hear him come in. Oh well it maybe because I am just tired.

"Yeah, well that is what three years can do to a person." you said.

"Well I am sure you must be tried from your long flight to here so I will let you go unpack and take a nap before dinner. Fox will show you to your room and we can all get caught up then and also you can meet your little cousin." he said.

"Yeah, I would like that." You said kind of feeling sleepy from the long plane ride. You hugged him again and turned to leave with Fox when he called to you again making you turned back around to see him walk back over to his desk.

"Oh before I forget this came for you 6 hours before you got here and I think it missed you." he said as he bent down brought up with him a black cat no more then 2 years old. You smiled as if you had won a million dollars.

"Midnight, but how?" You asked as you ran over and took her from him. She meowed and licked your check as she always did when she was happy to see you.

"Well when your father called last night and everything was agreed apon. He told me that you wouldn’t go anywhere with our your cat. So he found her sleeping in a clothes basket and had her slipped over night over here. She really is a cute little thing." he said as he scratched under midnight’s chin.

 

"He was right. She is my world." you said as you looked down at her.

"Well you best be off. See you tonight." he said as he sat down and started looking at the papers on his desk and after reading them putting them into the different piles. Raven nodded and followed Fox out the door and back on to the elevator and went down two floors. As we walked off she turned her head to look back at me. I was still holding midnight and petting her. She just purred and closed her eyes.

"You might want to watch midnight more closely when Alex is around. He is not used to having this kind of animal around and he might try and pull her tail or something. You know how most babies or especially the boys." she said. I nodded. I seen babies do that to animals and I know midnight wouldn’t like that.

"Thanks I will keep a better eye on her." I said with a smile.

 

"Well here we are this will be your room." she said as we stopped in front of the door. She opened the door and we both walked inside. I looked around taking in all the details of my new room. The walls where white and the floor was white carpeting. There was a king sized bed with black and silver bedding. A small black desk was on the left side of the bed with a black Hp computer. Next to that was a sliver vanity with an ivy design around the legs of the table and the same with the chair that was set right in front of it. On the right side of the bed was a flat screen tv. I saw two doors one on each side of the bed. I walked to the one on the left side and opened it. At it was the bathroom and it was almost as big as the room. It was done with a roman feel. The first thing I saw when I walked in was a huge garden tub on each side of the tub was columns with a white sheer curtain draped from one column to the next. On the left side of the tub was a large counter with the sink and a huge mirror. On the other side was the toilet. I walked back out and to the other side of the room and opened the other door. I saw that it a walk in closet. I walked back into the room in aw of the whole thing.

"I take it you like your room." Fox said as she was leaning on the door.

"Yeah its beautiful. I never seen anything like this." I said as I sat down at the end of the bed.

"Well I am glad you like it. David really didn’t know what to do with it so I picked some stuff out for you." she said as she got up from leaning on the door.

"Its great. Thanks." I said still taking in the room.

"Well I will leave you to unpack and rest. I will come get you around dinner time." She said.

"Ok that would be great." I said as I put midnight down on the floor.

"Well I will see you then." she said as she turned to leave and closed the door behind her. I looked at Midnight and she looked back.

"Well Midnight this is a our new home I guess we will have to get used to it." I said looking at her. She only meowed and jumped on the bed. I stood up and began to unpack my bags before taking a nap.