Gargoyles Fan Fiction ❯ Its Not A Dream ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After Fox left Raven to get settled in she walked back down to David’s office. Once she was there she walked in and saw the Owen was gone and so was all the papers from David’s desk.

"Do you think we should tell her about the other things living in this house?" she asked as she walked over to his desk. David looked up from his computer screen.

"Not just yet. I think it would not go well with the stress from the flight." he as he thought about it. Fox walked over to the front of the desk and sat on the top of it.

"I think she might notice several large gargoyles walking around here and also one elf teaching magic to our son. She is a very bright girl I think she can put 2 and 2 together." she said as she crossed her arms and looked at her husband.

"True." he said as he rubbed his chin.

"I think if we don’t tell her she could come across one of them and she might get frightened and take it all the wrong way. We need her to think the they are monsters." she said.

"Other than her fear of height while in planes she is a true Xanatos. I know she can handle it. Beside I used to tell her the legends of gargoyles. She loved them. I think she will take the news that they are real just fine." he said as he turned back to the computer.

"I hope, but I think we should tell her tomorrow. You know the old saying the sooner the better because if you don‘t then I will have to." she said. David stopped typing on the computer and turned to look at her once again.

"Well when you put it like that then tomorrow it is then. I will call the front desk in the lobby and have Elisa sent to my office. I will explain to her what is going and to have them stay up there or go on patrol." He said.

"That would work." She said as she got off the desk and walked out of the office to check on Alex. As David watched his wife leave before picking up the headset to the phone and pressing 1 for the lobby.

"When Elisa Maza get here tell her I need to see her in my office. Thanks." he told the guard before hanging up the phone.

 

~5 hours later~

I followed my uncle to the dinning room. After I finished unpacking Midnight and I crawled into bed and fell to sleep. Only to be awakened hours later by my uncle. Alone the way he stopped by Alex’s room to get him from this nap. Once uncle picked him up and he saw me he kept reaching for me as if to say take me. So uncle hand him to me and I held him. I looked at him. His was light like Fox’s Skin tone. His blond hair was messed up from his nap. His clear blue eyes stared into my ice blue eyes. I was waiting for him to start crying because my eyes freaked him out, but he didn’t he just smiled, snuggled closer to me, and watched every move I made.

"He seems to love his cousin." uncle said with a smile. I smiled back.

"Yeah, I thought he would start crying when you gave him to me to hold." I said as I looked back down to Alex who laid his head down on my shoulder and looked right back at me.

"Now why would he do that. He is a sweet kid and he loves family." Uncle David said with a look of confusion on his tan face.

"Well people kind of get freaked by how pale my skin is, the blackness of my hair, and the shad of color of my eyes. So all in all people think I look creepy or something., but most of the time its because of my eyes." I said as I looked back up at him. Being only 5'4" I still had to look up to look him in the eye since he was 6'0"

"I don’t see why that would make any difference. I always love the shade of your eyes." he said. I just looked at him.

"Yeah, well you are family, but other people judge you before they know you based on how you look and dress and the kids today are even more harsh." I said while handing Alex back to uncle. Once he was back in Uncle David’s arms Alex looked back at me and held out his arms again and made little sounds to show his objection to being where he was.

"Look like he want you to hold him some more." he said as he handed Alex back to me. Once Alex was back in my arms he settled back down.

"Yeah I guess because I am someone new." you said with a shrug.

"No, he is just a good judge of character and I trust you with him. Well lets head down to dinner." he said as he started walking to the door. I walked all the way to the dinning hall on the side of him. Once we got there Fox took Alex from my arms. He started to make some noise again, but it didn’t last long once he saw his dinner.

~After Dinner~

I bid Uncle and Fox good night. Alex wanted to play with me, but I was still tried and all I wanted was to take a nice hot bath and go to bed. I opened the door to my room and saw Midnight was laying on the bed. Once she heard the door opened she stood up, stretched, and gave a soft meow. I laughed at her action and then turned to the window. The set was about to set. I went to the closet and walked over to the dresser in the back and took out a black playboy with a white bunny tank top and black shorts. Then walked all the way to bath room.

~Down in the lobby~

Elisa Maza pulled up to the Eyrie Building in her read and white 1957 Chevrolet BelAir. As she got out of her car she looked at her watch and seen she had a good 20 minutes before the sun would fully set and the clan would wake up. She walked into the building and began heading to the elevator when the desk clerk called to her.

"Miss Maza Mr. Xanatos would like to see you in his office." Kevin said as he saw Elisa pass his desk. She turned around to look at the man who spoke to her. He was about your average height 5’8" light tan skin, jade eyes, and blond hair. He was younger then herself. He in fact just finished high school and was working part time over there so he could pay for college. She smiled.

"Thanks Kevin I will head right up there. "she said with a smile and head to the elevator while thinking //What could Xanatos possible want? Does he have something on the Quarrymen.// she thought as she got off on Xanatos’s floor. She walked down the long hallway and stopped and Xanatos’s door. She raised her hand to knock when she heard him call for her to enter. She sighed. //I always hate when he does that. Its kind of creepy.// she thought as she opened the door and closed it behind her after she entered the office. She walked over and stood in front of his desk and placed her hands on her hips.

"Ok Xanatos what is it you want to talk to me about." she asked looking him right in the eye. Even though he was now on the gargoyles side after they help him save his son from being taken away by Oberon and let them move back to their ancestral home she was still on the fence with how she felt about him.

"I need you to help me keep the gargoyles from coming down to the lower levels of the castle. My niece has come to live with me. She just arrived this morning and I haven’t had time to explain to her about the usual residents of the castle . I was hoping that they would stay up there or go on a longer patrol. Just for tonight. Fox and I am going to tell her tomorrow and bring her up there once they wake up." he explained. to her and she nodded.

"I will tell them. Is that all?" she asked.

"No that’s it. Thank you." he said as she turned, walked to the door, and closed it behind her. Once she was back in the elevator and pressed the button to the every top level where the gargoyle slept in their stone sleep. The elevator came to a stop and opened its steal doors. She walked across the large room, up the spiral staircase, and stop on the top of the tower. Her dark auburn eyes looked at the seven stone figures all in freighting poses. If she didn’t know them she would have been intimidated by their looks. The wind played almost violently with her midnight hair. The setting sun made her tan skin look even dark then it really was. Less then a minutes later the sun was finally down. She looked at the stone gargoyle in front of her. Cracks began to appear on the stone before her. Soon the air was filled with the sound of cracking stone. Out of nowhere the stone figure before her stood up, stretched sending pieces of stone flying every which way, and let out a roar. She looked at the other six figures and seen they were all doing the same thing.

~5 minutes later~

Elisa finished tell the clan about what Xanatos had said. Angela’s light purple face lit up making her black hair seem darker then it was. Her brown eyes shown her excitement.

"This is great there will be another girl around here." She as she smiled widened showing off all four of her pearly white fangs along with the rest of her teeth just as white as her fangs. The bald olive green with wings attached to his arms nodded along with a bald plumb blue one and a red one with white and a almost bird like beck.

"Do you think we can trust her with something like this what with the Quarrymen there gaining new members every day." An old brown one said as he ran his talon throw his white bread to get the last bit of stone fragments out.

"You are right old friend," a large light purple gargoyle said as he midnight black hair danced in the wind. He turned to look at Elisa "Do you think she is trust worthy?" Elisa look at him.

"Don’t know Goliath. I never met her, but from what he told me she is a sixteen year old girl. So I really don’t know." she said as she tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"The only thing I see here lad is to meet the lass and see what be what." the old one spoke up again.

"I agree with Hudson." Angela said stepping to her father’s side. Goliath looked down at her and then back to Elisa.

"I must agree with them then. We will meet her and see what is what, but for now we must do what was asked of us by Xanatos," he said then turned to the rest of the clan "Brooklyn and Lexington you two will patrol the west side and take Bronx with you he needs the exercise." They nodded. Brooklyn picked up Bronx and the blue watch dog gargoyle licked the red gargoyles face as they took off.

"Broadway and I will take the east side." Angela said as she walked over to the plumb blue one. Goliath nodded and the two leaped off the tower and glided through the air. Goliath turned to his mentor.

"Up for the south side old friend?" he asked Hudson. Hudson gave a chuckle.

"I maybe old, but I can keep up a good while." he said. Goliath smile and nodded as they both jumped off the tower as well. Elisa smiled and watched as they disappeared into the distance. Once they where gone she turned and began walling down the tower. She was not really in a hurry to start her shift tonight, but she knew she had to get there.