Gargoyles Fan Fiction ❯ Its Not A Dream ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I was laying in my bed, but I wasn’t in a deep sleep. My eyes where closed, but I was aware of everything around me. I felt Midnight begin to move from under the blankets. Making her way out of the darkness and into the light of the room. After she had stretched she turned back to look at me. I know for a fact those emerald eyes where waiting for any sign of movement that signaled I was awake. After looking at me for a minute she walked over to me get as close as she could to me. She sat down right in front of me, picked up her left front paw, and taped my cheek. I smiled and opened my eyes to look at her.

“Hey there my baby. I take it you want me to get up,” I asked as I brought my right hand to scratch behind her right ear. She leaned her head back, closed her eyes, and began to purr. When she did that it always made me giggle lightly. “Ok. Well I am up. Let me go take a quick shower, get dressed, and then I will give you some food and milk. How do that sound?” I asked her. She looked up at me. Her black fur looked more of a dark brown in the sun’s light, but only the outer edge of her fur. She only meowed. I petted her head again and went to get my clothes for the day then went take my shower.

 

~ 25 minutes later~

I walked out the bath room and walked over to my vanity and sat down. Today you chose something simple. A black fitted tee that had ‘Music is my Boyfriend’ written in yellow with lighting blots where the ‘S’ where and light pink splatter where the words where. Low rise boot-cut blue jeans. My favorite Black and White Kangaroos shoes the one that on each side of the had a little zipper pocket for small things. I looked down at the make up I had set up yesterday afternoon. I didn’t really have a lot of makeup since I never really wore a lot of it. I just chose white eyes shadow, black eye liner, and clear lip gloss. I then picked up my hair brush and started fixing my hair. When I was finished I had my long black hair up in a high ponytail with my bangs down behind my ears. Once I was stratified I got up from the vanity, walked over to my bed, picked up Midnight, and headed out the door to the dinning room. When I got there I saw there was only Fox who was feeding Alex and taking bites of her eggs between his feedings. I set Midnight down on the floor and sat down in the chair next to Fox.

“Morning.” I said as sat down next to her. She turned to look at me.

“Morning. You are up early I thought you would be sleeping for a little bit longer.” She said as she turned back to Alex give him a very small piece of toast for him to chew on.

“I normally sleep longer than this. I guess its being in a new place.” I said with a shrug as got two slices of toast and began eating. I looked down at Midnight and see she was eating her cat food in her bowl and next to her was milk.

“Whats wrong? You look confused.” Fox said as she turned to me and seen that I was looking down. I looked up at her.

“Where did her food come from? It wasn’t there when I sat down.” I said.

“Oh Owen brought it in while reached for the toast.” she said as if it was no big deal.

“I didn’t hear him come in.” you said as you thought back. Fox laughed lightly.

“Yeah he is a quite one.” she said as she gave Alex another piece of toast.

“He is not the kind of creepy and silent servant.” you asked as you raised an eyebrow at Fox.

“No he is not. Just really quite.” She said looking back at you.

“Oh.” you said as you went back to eating.

~ Later That Day~

I was sitting in my uncle’s office. I was looking out of the large window behind his desk watching as the birds flew by. All he said to me was that he needed to talk to me about something important. Well I can’t be in trouble yet I only just got here and spent most of my time sleeping so what else is there to talk about? Just as I finished that thought I heard the door opened and closed. I looked into the glass and saw that it was uncle David. He looked over and saw me sitting in the chair in front of his desk.

“Oh good you’re here. Well lets get right into it then,” he started as he walked over to his desk and sat down in the chair and looked at me. “You remember those stories of Gargoyles I told you when you where younger?” he asked me I nodded.

“Of course they where one of my favorites when I was little.” I said as I remember all the times I was sit and listen to the tails of Scottish gargoyles and a magic castle.

“ Well what would you say if they where not just a child’s story.” he said as he placed his elbows on the desk with his chin rested on his linked fingers. I looked at him like he had two heads or something.

“I would tell you that you need to get your head checked because there is not way in the world that those stories are true.” I said as I waited for him to say something more.

“Well they are true and the castle is the one from those stories and also is still the home of the gargoyles.” he said as he looked at her face that was lost in confusion.

“There is no way that can because there is no such thing as real magic or magical creatures.” I said I mean come on magic if there was such a thing then it would be more common then anything right? I have never seen magic not even in all the places I have life so there far its not real. I think my uncle has been reading too many bedtime stories to Alex.

“Still don’t believe me do you?” he asked.

“No because there is no such thing.” I said as I looked back at him. He just shook his head and looked at the time.

“Well I say we head up to the tower of the castle and see for yourself.” he said. I looked at the window behind him and saw the sun was about to set. As I saw that I thought back to the stories he would tell me that the gargoyles where stone by day and then come alive as soon as the sun set. I watched as he stood up and wait for me to do the same. I stood up and walked with him out the door and to the elevator. The ride up was a silent one. I was still thinking that he had lost his mind. Maybe grandpapa was right that people with more money than they knew what to do with lose their minds and that I was looking at the reason for him saying that. Once the elevator came to a stop we walked out into the main hall then made our way out into the court yard. The across the yard to a tall town and up to the very top of the tower where we found Fox, who was holding Alex, Owen, and another woman who I have never met before. She had jet black hair and very tan skin. She wore a red jacket with a black shirt under it and jeans with some black shoes.

“There you are David for a minute I thought you too would be late.” Fox said with a smile.

“Now that wouldn’t be like me,” He said he walked up to Fox. I watched as Alex stared at a stone gargoyle that had wings starched from his legs to his arms. I don’t see how Alex was not scared of it since it was sporting a fighting pose. I looked at all of them and they all sported fighting poses so I can’t see how Alex was not scared. I thought him being a baby and seeing those things would send him into a crying fit. “Raven come here for a minute.” My uncle called to me. I turned and walked over to where he was,

“you called?” I asked.

“Yes, I want you to meet NYPD Detective Elisa Maza,” he said as he gestured to the woman then pushed me forward a little as he spoke again. “ Elisa this is my niece Raven Xanatos.”

“Hello nice to meet you Miss Maza.” I said as I extended my hand out . She took it and gave it a few shacks as I did.

“Hello is nice to meet you too, but please call me Elisa.” she said as we let go of one another.

“Alright Elisa.” I said with a smile and she smiled back.

“Well looks like the show is about to start,” Uncle David said as he turned to look at the sun. I looked as well and seen that just a little bit of the sun could still be seen, but it would be for long. Uncle David took me by the arm causing me to turn to look at him. “Its not safe right there.” he said as he lead me towards the back where everyone else had started to head. Once we both got to the back. Uncle tool Alex from Fox and turned to watch the stone figures. I looked out at them as the rest had with a confused look on my face. It seems that since I have gotten here all I have been is confused. Fox seem to sense this because she put arm around my shoulder and I looked at her only to see her smile down at me and then turn her head back and I did the same. By this time the sun had finally disappeared for the day. I listened for any sound, but only to heard the sounds of the busy street below. I knew that was what I was going to hear. I really do think my uncle had lost him mind. Then out of no where I heard the sounds to cracking. I looked around to make sure that the tower was not about to come down on us, but seen there was no cracks to be found so I looked forward again and seen that the stone figures where cracking and at a fast pace too. Then they stood up and broke free of the stone. Bits of stone went flying in all directions. There stood seven creatures that seemed to have stepped out of a story book. They all turned to see us standing there waiting for them. That was the last thing I saw because I was over taken by darkness.

A/N: Well took a while, but I finally got another chapter out. I hope to get another one out soon, but with the way I work I don’t know when that will be. Thanks to all who reviewed it people like you who make me want to write more. Well till next time.