Gasaraki Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Project Mile Two ❯ Visions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Project Mile Two


A Ranma / Gasaraki crossover

By Lord Raa

***********************************

Disclaimer: I am an assistant manager in a video shop in Hinckley, England. If you think that I look like Rumiko Takahashi, then perhaps you should get new glasses or seek help for your hallucinations. Gasaraki is owned by Sunrise, but licensed by ADV in the US and UK.

***********************************
Chapter 1: Visions

***********************************


Ranma twitched slightly in his sleep. He was having disturbing dreams again, only this time it wasn't about being savaged by cats.

A haunting flute melody was playing with a tapping sound slowly increasing in tempo in the background.

Then came the barrage of images. He saw a stage. A cocoon. An ancient ceremonial costume. Images that had no bearing on his current life as a martial artist.

Then the tapping began to become almost urgent, yet still rhythmic enough to be mesmerising.

His pulse quickened and his breathing became laboured.

He saw images of a strange dance, movements that were jerky at first as if a puppeteer was out of practice but getting smoother as the motions were learned.

Ranma started to twitch more violently as his heart rate skyrocketed, he saw an armoured figure walking towards him from the distance. It was some kind of ceremonial armour, designed for psychological impact rather than practicality. As it approached him he saw that something was wrong.

The figure wasn't man sized.

It scared him at first. He recognised elements of it's appearance it was like some kind of demon, when it came close enough to him he felt calmer for some reason.

Like he should know all about it.

Then came the feelings of anger as felt betrayed by his parents, family and friends for keeping something this important from him. A word entered his mind 'Kugai'.


His twitching had turned into the moments from the dance he had witnessed earlier in his dream, unfortunately bringing his disturbing vision to the attention of others.

Genma saw this a chance to punish the boy for his toying with the feeling of his 'true fiancée'. He leapt in to attack, but found himself smacked away like a monstrous pest.

The others looked on. Ranma was good, he managed to defend against Ryoga's night time attacks, but this was different - he was in some kind of trance and nothing was going to stop it.

'What's up with that idiot now?' Akane thought, still steamed that he went after Shampoo when she had started to hate him. Then she saw the movements he was going through. "What is he doing, dad?"

"I don't know Akane, I've never seen a kata like that."

"I never taught that one to him." Genma spoke up from the corner he was piled in.

Ranma suddenly jumped up, causing his audience to gasp. He started to pace on the spot before moving backwards and forwards. His arm was outstretched as if he should have been waving something around.

Nabiki had returned with a glass of water to splash Ranma, 'if activating his curse works for the neko-ken, then maybe it'll help here' was her logic.

She threw the water, it hit him, turning him into a girl but he still kept dancing.

Now people were starting to panic.

Kasumi stepped forward speaking in a soft, even tone, "Ranma-kun what is going on? What was that?"

"The dance of the Gasara I think..." she replied slowly coming out of her trance. "What are you all staring at?"

"You were having a bad dream, Ranma-kun. We thought it might have been about cats."

'Crap. I've disturbed everybody. Why's pops in the corner like that?' "Sorry about bothering everybody." Ranma said in a meek voice. 'What the hell is a Kugai? What do those dreams mean?' Ranma started to look perplexed.

Nabiki looked on, something wasn't right here. Sure Ranma was a magnet for weirdness, but there was something else, something big. And she wanted in on the secret.

"Why am I a girl? Did Nabiki take photos of my cursed form again?" Ranma asked when her higher functions came back online.

"No, not this time, Ranma." 'What are you hiding from us?' "Anyway where did you learn that dance?"

"I don't know. It came to me in the dream. I saw some odd things like and image of me in the past. I was in some crazy outfit. I saw this weird thing. It was huge and armoured like some kinda samurai, but I think it was a demon." She shuddered at the memory of being played like a puppet.


***********************************


Dur ing the night, Ranma had another image filled dream. However, this one was more like a replay of the nightly news then the period docu-drama that plagued him earlier.


A young man about his age in a military uniform dancing in a desert

A giant robot platoon with the markings of Japan's Self Defence force.

More giant robots, only these were of a different design.

The robots fighting in the streets of a Japanese city.

Ranma woke up suddenly. Noting that the panda was next to him snoring away, he checked the time, "nearly time to get up anyway. Might as well practice." A thought occurred to him, "time for revenge, oyaji." And with that Ranma left to get a bucket of cold water.



***********************************

To be continued.