Geneshaft Fan Fiction ❯ The Changing Tides ❯ Epilogue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Geneshaft is not mine, it belongs to Bandai and a host of other people who would never be caught dead writing a fic about this anime because they actually got paid to make it.
 
Warning: This is my first time writing a fanfic and it may a bit sappy.
 
Epilogue: The Changing Tides
 
(Mika's Dream)
 
Sofia basks in the sunlight as Mika lay in the greenest of grass. But while Mika is calm and relaxed, Sofia knows she has to awaken her friend from her dreams of forgetfulness.
 
Mika…Mika? Wake up Mika,” said Sofia.
 
Sofia? C'mon, let me sleep a little longer…,” grumbled Mika tiredly.
 
Aren't you going to write to Bis?” asked Sofia.
 
I'll do it later,” replied Mika.
 
C'mon now, the Captain wants to meet you,” Sofia said with a smile.
 
Why?” asked Mika.
 
Because you're so weird, I guess,” said Sofia jestingly.
 
(Present)
 
Mika suddenly awakens from her peaceful sleep to discover that she's in the remains of the Shaft, on Oberus. She looks around and begins to gain her bearings.
 
“The system's completely crashed…,” said Mika as she climbs out of the ruined shaft.
 
As she gazes upon the new world that is slowly shifting and forming, Mika said, “The sea's are forming…it's so beautiful.”
 
Mika was instantly alerted to her surroundings after viewing the changing tides of Oberus's seas. She began running in haste to find Captain Amagiwa Hiroto.
 
(Hiroto's subconscious)
 
“Mika…Mika…,” Hiroto repeated as he looks around for his little white (as in her gene type) just before he passes out.
 
“Hiroto, you're one of the chosen,” said the voice of his mother, as he slowly began awaken from his unconscious state. “So carry out your duties and responsibilities, Hiroto,” finished his mother's voice.
 
“Captain, Captain, don't die before I can kill you, okay,” said the Mika of his subconscious.
 
“Seido… Seido Mika… There is something I wanted to tell you, Mika,” replied the Hiroto of his subconscious.
 
“Captain? Captain! It's me. Can you hear me?” asked the real Mika, trying to awaken Hiroto.
 
“Captain! Hiroto…,” the real Mika continued.
 
“Major Amagiwa, keep your word, okay,” said Ryoko as Hiroto remembers his promise to Mika's best friend.
 
(Present)
 
“Mika…,” inquired Hiroto finally opening his eyes.
 
“Yeah? I'm here,” Mika replied while holding his hand.
 
“Is everyone all right?” he asked in reference to the rest of the crew.
 
“Yes, they're fine. They're on their way to pick us up right now,” said Mika with small smile.
Then the two sat there upon the rocky landscape, holding hands and waiting as the ship began to arrive.
 
To be continued…
 
Author Notes: Please review, any help is greatly valued. I have never been known for having perfect grammar, so if you see any mistakes feel free to point them out.