Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Cynical Equilibrium ❯ Digression ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The second chapter is up! Hope you enjoy! Please Review!

DISCLAIMER: Wish I could, but I'm only a struggling writer and nursing student and so I can not own Gensoumaden Saiyuki, but I do own Meika and this fic.

CYNICAL EQUILIBRIUM

By: Siberian_angel

CHAPTER 2: Digression

I had to go before I was caught. Suddenly, I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder but still it surprised me. "Looking into nothing again I see." I was brought back to present-day reality and my reminiscing ended. I smiled and looked at the owner of the voice. He was Homura. Just like me and Nataku, he was considered an ominous creature for the reason that he was truly, and unquestionably, a heretic. Although he was Kami-sama's relative, he was locked up in Heaven's dungeon from the time of his birth like a common criminal for the reason that his father is a mortal while his mother was a goddess. The child of the kind of union they had is considered a taboo, a heretic, and Homura was outlawed even before he was born. Each of his eyes has a different color: golden yellow for the right, ice blue for the left. He was not an immortal like us and the normal gods because of the dominant Ningen blood in him. But since he was a fighting god, he would die fighting his strongest opponent. He was freed more than 500 years ago. Like us, his life was tragic in Heaven. He fell in love with Rinrei, a goddess, but their relationship was considered taboo. After my brother lost his soul, Homura was made into a Taishi, the title for a fighting god, in place of my brother. Rinrei was then forced to transmigrate to the world below. He realized the same thing Nataku and I realized from our births: Heaven doesn't want its hands to get dirty, so they let the "unclean" do the "dirty work." But it was too late for him. From the time he was released from the dungeon, he was forced to wear shackles on both of his wrists. At the present, together with Zeon and Shien, he is planning to destroy the present Tenkai and Ningenkai to form a new one with no restrictions, no taboos, and no prohibitions. Zeon is a god who committed taboo by marrying a mortal girl and having a child with her. Unfortunately, his wife, Mirei, and their son were killed by an assassin sent by Heaven. Shien is the guy who took care of Nataku. They were all treated ill by Heaven. Now they will destroy that Heaven. I smiled. He asked, "What's the smile for?"

"I could feel you're happy, like you just got what you wanted." I answered with another smile. "Well, I did get what I wanted, or rather, who I wanted." I lost the smile and looked at him seriously, the flashes of lightning reflecting in his eyes as the storm continued. I know "who" was. He needed a spirit of the earth for the creation of the new world. The "spirit" is the "one who sees invisible things," Goku. He smiled deviously. "I had earlier presumed you'd be interested."

"I am." I replied. He started to leave. "Then meet me in the place. You know where. That is," he grinned, "if you are still interested." He then disappeared. I looked at the pouring rain outside of the cave. I questioned myself, what should I do? I sighed and asked aloud, "What would you do…oniichan…?"

***

Despite my earlier apprehension, I soon found myself in Homura's place. He was standing in front of the boy who "wished for the sun." Chained to the wall, Goku was unconscious. "You made it just in time before the celebration began." I looked at him with a worried expression. "What did you do to him?" I asked as I went near him. "He was a little kill joy and would not want to participate so I paralyzed him a little." Homura walked back a few paces and now I was the one in front of the boy who cared for my brother 500 years ago. I wanted so much to touch his face but hesitated on doing so. As if reading my mind, Homura whispered in my ear, "Go ahead. Touch him." I faced him and smiled coolly. "I have to go and see someone special."

"Nataku right?" Homura put a hand through his hair. "Why, Meika? Why do you still hope for his return?"

"How about you? Why do you still visit Rinrei's grave?" I answered coldly, but he ignored what I had said. "Why don't you join us?" he asked, still pressing the issue. "With you powers, we could-" I didn't let him finish. "Homura, we've talked about this millions of times already. For the last time, I won't join you. I'm just going to watch everything from afar and let fate control this one." I told him, pleadingly. "I don't want to repeat the same mistake I had done with my brother and my friends. And besides, to join you would be a total abuse of my powers and the freedom I was given with in the first place." I said as I gave him my back and walked away from him. He teleported in front of me to stop my impending departure, barring any way of leaving. "We can destroy those who have oppressed us. I will not fail like your brother did." He said. I sighed, my face downcast. He continued, "What would Nataku do in this situation. Think about it." I looked up and smiled at him. "He would've stopped you. That's what he would do." I walked past him. "How are you so sure of that?" I faced him and raised an eyebrow. "Well, THAT is not for you to know." I shook my head at the silliness of our conversation. "But I'll tell you this: Tengoku wa Jigoku." He looked at me puzzled. "Heaven is hell?" I smiled. "Just think about it and you'll know what I mean. It's a lesson Nataku and I have learned since we've determined our fates." He stared at me. I know he'll be thinking of what I said later. "I'll be going now."

"When will you be back?" I thought of home and my brother's affairs pending on my table. "Most likely, I'd appear when I want to." I turned my back on him and waved, but I remembered something and faced him again. "Oh, yeah. One more thing." I smiled, feeling the triumph. "You can never be the sun to him." I said, indicating Goku, still unconscious. "Ja, Homu-chan." I then disappeared leaving him a lot of things to contemplate.

*****

Like it? Wait for chapter 3. I'm having trouble uploading so it may take some time but rest assured that the fic is already finished until chapter 5, the epilogue. Til next time!