Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Cynical Equilibrium ❯ Discrimination ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well folks! This is chapter 4. The next chapter is the epilogue and so this fic is completed. Right now, I want to thank in advance everyone who's read my fic and reviewed. You are my challenge and inspiration. And to repay you, please wait for the continuation of this story entitled, "Positive Balance." Thank you all!

 

DISCLAIMER: Wish I could, but I'm only a struggling writer and nursing student and so I can not own Gensoumaden Saiyuki, but I do own Meika and this fic.

 

CYNICAL EQUILIBRIUM

By: Siberian_angel

 

CHAPTER 4: Discrimination

 

"Oniichan!" I yelled as I waved my arm to get my brother's attention. Nataku was standing on a cliff. Much to my horror, he fell into the abyss below the cliff. "Oniichan!" I screamed as I jumped after him.

***

I lost track of time. I woke up sweating. It's been weeks since my last descent to the ground below. I heard furious knocks on my door. "Meika-sama! Meika-sama!" It was Jiroushin. I opened the door. "Meika-sama, the Goddess of Mercy requests your presence. The whole Heaven is in chaos because of Homura's activities in the world below." It had finally begun. The beginning of the end or the end of the beginning? Who knows? I met up with Kanze in the hallway and we walked leisurely towards the main building.

 

As we neared the door where the Army officials were having there meeting, I could hear Homura's voice calling me inside my mind, Meika, come…I want to see you…for the last time….Please come…seal my world…before I die. I knew I had to do something fast but I have to accompany Kanze first before I can descend. From outside the meeting room, we could hear the assembly thinking about replacing Homura as a fighting god. Without warning, Kanze opened the door. "And who would be your candidate for the next killing puppet? Huh?" The men were obviously surprised. "Goddess of Mercy? Meika-sama?"

That was the extent of their greeting. "My brother lost his soul for what you are planning to do 500 years ago. Chaos would only be the result of another chaos." I addressed the assembly. "Nothing can be resolved by countering with the same mistake. Take it from someone who has experienced this pandemonium firsthand." The assembly seems to have changed their mind. One of them did not. "And what do you propose we do? Just watch and wait what happens?" Kanze looked the man in the eye. "Yes. Let's just watch and wait what happens next." I looked at Kanze. We had triumphed over the assembly. Now, we will wait and see what happens next.

 

As we were walking back, I could still hear Homura's voice pleading for my descent. I looked at Kanze. "Kanze, I-" The Goddess nodded at me as if she knew what I was going to say. "Go and descend. When you hear a voice, you should find its owner." I smiled, tears welling. "Thank you."

***

 

When I finally descended, Homura was lying on the ground, leaning on a building structure in the world he created that would replace the present Heaven and Earth. In front of him were the party to the West. Konzen, Kenren, Tenpo, who were now known as Genjo Sanzo, Sha Gojyo, Cho Hakkai, and of course my brother's best friend, Son Goku. But as soon as I saw them all, I shouted out one name that got all their attention: "Homura!" I ran past the four men and saw to Homura's injuries. It was fatal. A fighting god defeated by the strongest enemy would result in mortality, and the battle with Goku was the end for him. "I'm so sorry I'm late." I blurted out in a cracked voice, obviously biting back the tears. "Shh. No." He was having a hard time talking. "You're just in time…Meika…" he coughs. "I'm still here."

"Stop talking or you'll lose strength." I said hoping even if I already know he won't make it.

"I have a lot of things I have to say to you before I…" the coughing is really bad. "I know now," he said in between coughs, "what you mean by Tengoku wa Jigoku…I finally understood…Nothing is what it seems…Fate is something we decide ourselves. Our destiny is according to our own decisions…" He was hardly breathing ang his coughing was worse than before. The party was certainly quiet, obviously watching the scene, but soon Gojyo pierced my cloud of worry. "Hey miss. Are you his girlfriend?" I faced the child of a taboo relationship of a human and a youkai. "I am a girl and his friend, but certainly not his lover." I paused and couldn't help retorting with a smile, "I'm his best friend." Homura held my hand and whispered, "Meika…Nataku is… Nataku is lucky to have you….as his sister…" Coughing again, echoing through the world he created. "I have always told him." I assured him, smiling despite the tears coursing down my cheek. "I wish…I was…your brother too…" I gave him a light kiss on the forehead. "You are a brother to me, Homu-oniichan." I hugged him tight, fearing he'd disappear without saying goodbye formally. "Thank you, Meika…little sister…" His voice was becoming fainter and in spite of that, he turned to Konzen, or Sanzo, to ask him to do something I had in my power, but couldn't do without violating Heaven's rules. "I'm not in a position to ask you this…but please…seal this world…with me…" They were apparently mystified by the idea to speak. I pleaded, "Please follow his dying wish. This world…he created it as his graveyard. Dakara, onegai-" Before I could continue, Sanzo readily agreed. Goku was crying in the backgroung throughout the whole duration of the scene. "Thank you…Konzen…" Homura and I said in perfect unison. I hugged him for the last time. I was going to lose another brother. Nataku-oniichan, come back to me!

 

*****

That's all for chapter 4. (Hey I rhymed!) Next is the epilogue. Thank you, minna-san!

Siberian_angel