Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Pimps on the Run ❯ A First Time for Everything ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
PIMPS ON THE RUN
A Saiyuki Travel Ficlet

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is what happens when Heather and I are stuck in a car together for long periods of time and our muses start speaking to each other. Goku and Gojyo head into town for a night of rest and...pimping?! Just wanted to share some of the funny...at least I hope it's funny. *shrug* Oh well....I apologize now for misspellings, bad grammer and OOC-ness. Part 2 of a 4 part arc.

DISCLAIMER: Me no own. You no sue.


Part Two - A First Time for Everything



"Bartender, a round of drinks, if you please."

"Eh? You're friend there doesn't look old enough to be drinking, stranger."

A smirk. "He's older than he looks. Trust me."

The bartender gave both strangers the once over, then shrugged. "I don't serve minors."

"But I'm not a minor. I'm over a thousand years old."

The bartender's eyes grew wide and he gave the strangers another once over. "Don't suppose either one of ya could furnish some ID?"

The strangers looked at each other then shook their heads.

"Then both of ya get out."

"We're not here to cause trouble," the young looking stranger said.

"But we can...if we want," the taller stranger added, lighting a cigarette.

Narrowing his eyes, the bartender hoped to deter the two hooligans. But upon closer examination he discovered something...scary. They both wore power inhibitors designed for demons. Youkai. He had the courage to face many a drunken idiot, but he had no desire to fight with monsters.

The bartender sighed, offering the two a small smile. "Okay, okay. A round it is. But you watch yerselves. I want no trouble in my bar."

"Like we said," Gojyo replied, taking the first drink and passing it to Goku. "We're not here to cause trouble. Just to kick back and relax."

The bartender didn't look completely convinced, but he said nothing to the contrary.

"There's a table in the back," Goku pointed out as Gojyo grabbed his drink and turned away from the bar.

"Looks good. Let's sit down and relax a bit." He looked down at his companion. "Have you ever had beer before?"

Goku shook his head. "Nope."

Gojyo clapped him on the shoulder. "Then you're in for a treat. Take a sip."

Goku did.

And nearly spit it back out.

"This is supposed to be good? It's almost as nasty as that cigarette smoke of yours."

"Trust me, after a few, you'll care less."

"Yeah, right."

"Look, I can get ya somethign else, but believe me, this will loosen you up a bit."

Goku took another sip of his beer very carefully. "You make it sound like I've got my noribo lodged up my butt." He muttered into the beer, "That's Sanzo's job."

Gojyo spit out his beer, luckily right back into his glass.

"What?" Goku asked, all worried. "You okay? Gojyo...what's so funny?"

The other man shook his head. "Nothing. It's nothing -- oh my fucking GOD!-- nothing."

Goku was not amused. "Gonna fill me in on the joke?"

"Just drink your beer," Gojyo said, collecting himself.

"All right."

Minutes turned to hours and the two youkai remained in their corner conversing and drinking beer. All the while they were joined by a small group of local women. Some old. Some young. Gojyo immediately had himself surrounded by

They talked about conventional things. About extraordinary things. And about stuff in general. Goku was very bored with the covnersation at hand. He had no real interest unless someone brought up food...or ordered more beer. Gojyo had been right, after one or two they weren't half bad. He listend to Gojyo tell them stories of their adventures...changing names and places of course, but keeping the details very extravegant. The entire table seemed enthralled by the story. Goku sighed.

'All the women pay attention to him. What am I...the third wheel?'

Sighing again, he stood from his seat. "I'm going to get myself another...drink," Goku announced.

"I...I can get one for you," one of the girls offered. She was young, not too, but obviously new to the trade. She offered her best smile, even if it was nervous.

Goku smiled back, a rather lopsided kind of grin. "Okay...umm...thanks."

The girl took the glass and stood from her chair. "Your welcome."

Gojyo leaned over to the younger looking boy and asked, "How ya feeling?"

"I don't think I can describe it," Goku answered, somewhat in awe. He had been depressed amoment ago, and now he was grinning like an idiot.

"Relaxed? Wound up?"

"Both," Goku answered honestly. He now had this huge wave of energy. Was that the power of alcohol? Or was it the fact that the pretty little girl noticed him?

"Then get up and dance," Gojyo suggested.

Goku looked at the dance floor and noticed that everyone was dancing with someone else. "I don't have a partner," he argued.

"I'll dance with you," replied the young girl. She had just sat down, placing Goku's drink in front of him.

Goku gulped down his beer in several chugs. Putting the glass on the table he said, rather embarrassed, "But...I don't know how."

"I'll show you," the girl replied. "It's easier than it looks."

"Really?"

"Really."

"I guess there's a first time for everything," Goku muttered. He stood from his seat, the girl standing with him. He offered her a smile while trying to maintain his balance. "Let's give it a try."

Gojyo had to hold back his laughter. Goku was drunk off his ass, trying to learn how to dance, and with a cute girl to boot. If only he had a camera, there would be blackmail pictures to last a lifetime. On the other hand, he himself was in somewhat compremisable position.

And he loved it!

"So what are we going to do, Gojyo?" one of the women asked.

"You can't dance with all of us," another chimed in.

"Don't worry, I'm sure can think of something," Gojyo replied




"LAST CALL!"

Gojyo looked over at the bar where the bartender had started to clean up. Was it that late all ready? He looked to the dance floor. It seemed to be clearing. Goku was staggering -- almost literally -- back to the table. The girl at his side helped to keep him upright. They'd been dancing for most of the night. Goku had a lot to drink as well. Gojyo wondered if his companion was feeling all right. He looked okay, but he wanted Goku to have a good time. Not fall over dead in a gutter somewhere because of alcohol poisoning.

"How ya feeling, Goku?" he asked as they approached.

The kid gave him the thumbs up sign. But how did he really feel? Tired. Achy. Dancing had been fun, but it had also been alot of work. And the alcohol he'd drank made him run to the bathroom more than once while on the dance floor. Still, he didn't feel half bad.

"I'm doing good," Goku replied out loud.

"All right then," Gojyo announced, standing from the table. Two of the women quickly followed suit. He nodded to Goku, who had just slumped back into his seat. "See you before sunrise."

"Aw...do you have to leave so soon?" one of the women asked.

"If I don't, my friend there will turn into a pumpkin. We don't want that to happen now do we?"

The girls shook their heads collectively. "Of course not!"

Gojyo winked at Goku then smiled at the women around him. "Then let's not waste time, eh?"

Both women giggled, latching onto an arm. A third woman politely excused herself from the table and headed towards another. Goku sighed. That left him with the newbie and the oldest of the bunch. He was grateful when the older woman excused herself and latched onto someone else. Still, the alcohol was wearing off and nerves were starting to set in. 'Oh crap!' he though to himself and as tried to assess the situation in his mind. Gojyo had left him to his own devices...and he had no clue what in hell to do!

"Ano...?" The young girl that was left didn't seem to know what to do either.

"I suppose this would be the part where I ask you back to my room and stuff," Goku said with a small smile. "But it appears my room's been taken. Sorry."

"Oh...well...if it's not a problem...," the girl fidgeted in place, but put on her best smile. "You...can stay...with me."

Goku was surprised. "You have a room here?"

The girl looked embarrassed. She looked around hoping no one had heard Goku's question. "I board here," she replied, her voice low.

"AH!" Goku picked up his drink from the table and offered her a hand. He helped her to stand. "Then why don't we order one last drink, some food and head upstairs."

The girl nodded, a shy smile passing her lips. "All right."


~TO BE CONTINUED~