Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyuki Outside ❯ Part 2, Chapter 17: Shyirin Unleashes Hell ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17: Shyirin unleashes Hell

The night grew colder than Neptune. The moon was bright, like Artemis and her precious golden deer. Chilly winds blew the leaves by the bridge's ground away like parachutes. Shyirin loaded both her Desert Eagles, holding them both in her hands.

"I should've told the others but this is something I must face alone…"

Before the night, Shyirin was helping out with the chores. She heard something fast coming and dodged back. It was a dagger. No, wait… not just a dagger… it had a letter. Shyirin pulled the dagger out and opened the letter. It read:

Shyirin,

Tonight I wait when darkness is in power. Where the only sign of light appears, I'll be there. Goblins await their brew. Humans await their soul mates. Gods await their end. Summer is over, spring long gone, autumn to end and winter has arrived. As the last cherry blossom leaf fall to the ground, your soul will be mine. The moon shall be our judge and the stars our spectators. Come now! Show yourself tonight or face the death of the others. The serpent awaits his time of glory.

Shyirin put the letter in her pocket. This was a letter of challenge. She thought, tonight the cherry blossom tree will drop its last leaf tonight because the end of autumn is near. What's more, the serpent can be nobody else but Li Qien Ping. Shyirin bit her lip. This is a letter of challenge.

Should she tell the others?

Or should she ignore the letter?

No.

She shook her head. Other's lives are in danger if ignored like that. Most of all, Sanzo's life will be in danger. Her heart throbbed harder. If she faces Qien Ping tonight, it may be her last moments of life. Still, in her heart, she must do it.

The time was near. Sanzo was fast asleep. Shyirin rolled out of his clutches and got dressed. She got everything ready and set to kill. She turned to Sanzo and wanted to kiss him but hesitated or a while. Shyirin couldn't help but kiss Sanzo's soft lips. He sleepily responded back, not knowing what's going on. A few silvery tears dripped onto the floor. Shyirin got up slowly and headed out of the door.

"Can't sleep, Shyirin? I… Why are you dressed up like that?"

"Hakkai!" Shyirin cried.

Hakkai was standing in front of her. Shyirin looked devastated.

"What's going on, Shyirin?"

"Hakkai, I…"

The hissing sound gave way. Shyirin turned to Hakkai and said,

" Watch your back. We're going head-on with the Serpent."

Hakkai looked around. A few steps were heard. It came closer and closer, louder and louder. Shyirin pointed both her guns left and right. Hakkai raised his hands in motion. Out came a foot, and another. The Serpent has arrived.

"Shyirin, you brought another friend. How kind of you…"

"You leave Hakkai alone!"

Qien Ping laughed maliciously.

"Easy for you to say…Let's fight!"

Qien Ping swung her sword and ran towards Shyirin. Shyirin flipped a somersault in the air behind Qien Ping and fired. Hakkai laid out a Chi-ball on Qien Ping. Qien Ping leapt and dodged their attacks. She attacked Hakkai and kicked him, slicing a bit of his skin. Shyirin fired a shot at Qien Ping again but missed.

"Did I tell you that I saw your beloved Sanzo naked before? Oh yes, he was getting ready for a bath and I slipped in unnoticed into the bathroom. Did I tell you how soft his skin was when I touched him? Oh yes, every touch was a pleasure."

"SHUT UP! THAT'S NOT TRUE!" Shyirin shouted back.

"Oh, and when you left the room just now, your Sanzo thought that I was you. He kissed me in return. And I got to touch his soft silky hair. You can imagine how delicious he tasted…"

"ENOUGH!"

Shyirin leapt high in the air. Her feelings were hot and angry. She fired out her bullets. She fired another shot but something was amiss. She ran out of bullets.

"Damn!" she cried and tried to refill but it was too late.

Qien Ping caught her by the leg with her whip and pulled Shyirin to the ground. Shyirin hit the ground with force and groaned in pain. Hakkai got up but Shyirin was too far to reach. Qien Ping pulled Shyirin's head to her and dripped in a few drops into her mouth.

"Now, come forth! Show me the true power of the Dark Tennyo!"

Shyirin broke free and reloaded her guns.

"Why you-"

Suddenly, her heart throbbed harder. She dropped her guns to the floor and clutched her heart. Shyirin felt something else trying to break free from her. She tried to fight it but no avail. Shyirin bursts into bright light and there was a big explosion.

Hakkai brushed the dust aside. There was someone else in front of Qien Ping. He felt dark presence from her. The evil was so full that it made him shiver. That must be Shyirin, he thought. Qien Ping brought her sword and pointed at Shyirin.

"The dark one is here."

Shyirin took Qien Ping's sword in her hand and crushed it in her hands.

"What the?!"

Shyirin collected dark energy into a giant fireball and pushed it to the ground... The whole bridge which supported them broke and the 3 of them fell. Smoke arose around them.

Hakkai looked around. He couldn't move. The fall must've paralyzed my body, he thought. He looked around. Qien Ping was crying in pain. Her whole left shoulder was trapped under the big part of the concrete bridge. The bridge was too high to reach. Shyirin was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, a ninja dropped out of nowhere and pulled Qien Ping out. It appeared the Qien Ping's hand was already smashed up. The ninja took Qien Ping and carried her away. Just then, Sanzo arrived with Goku and Mei Shi. They all leapt down.

"Hakkai, are you hurt?" Mei Shi asked.

Goku pointed up there.

"What's that up there?"

The thing leapt from side to side and tried to attack Hakkai but Goku swung it away. The thing growled in pain and fell to the ground while Sanzo had it in his sight, ready to fire.

"Don't!" Hakkai cried in alarm and kicked Sanzo down which made him lose his shot.

The thing leapt away higher.

"Why'd you do that for? Can't you see it was an enemy? It could've k-"

"It's Shyirin, Sanzo!"

Sanzo looked surprised. Everyone looked at Hakkai.

"Qien Ping dropped something into Shyirin's mouth and changed her into her darker form. Shyirin lost control of her own body. If you kill it, you kill Shyirin as well!" he continued.

Sanzo looked up high. Shyirin was up there and spread her demonic wings.

"I'm going to get her!" Sanzo cried and ran up.

"No, Sanzo!" It was too late.

Sanzo was up there.

Sanzo kicked a stone from the edge of the bridge and looked face to face at the girl he loved. She looked like a devil in an animal's hood. She hissed, snarled and spat, baring her fangs. She was at the other side of the bridge. Sanzo dropped his gun to the ground, unleashing a shot. Shyirin leapt and attacked but Sanzo was too quick and tried chanting the mantra he used on Goku. Shyirin was in intense pain. Her body changed form, splitting her image into many. The evil grabbed Sanzo by his hand. The both of them fell away from the bridge's edge.

"SANZO!"

Hakkai gazed at the two. It's a miracle the both of them survived the fall. It was Shyirin's inner god-self that cast her safe landing spell. Sanzo and Shyirin both landed in a bed of feathers of Shyirin's angel wings. Hakkai let out a sigh of relief. That moment, Gojyo, Li Shi and Ying Hui arrived.

"What happened?"

"It's a long story that I'll tell tomorrow. Right now, help Sanzo and Shyirin over there." Hakkai replied to Gojyo.

Both of them seemed to be asleep happily. Gojyo carried Sanzo while Goku carried Shyirin in the other. Hakkai let out another sigh.

He closed his eyes to rest for Mei Shi to finish curing him.

`It will be better tomorrow…'

The vision grew a bit clearer and clearer. Sanzo looked to his side and there was a familiar person sleeping in front of him. She was resting her head on the bed while the rest of her body was one chair. It was Shyirin fast asleep. Sanzo touched her faced slowly as his finger ran smoothly through her cheek. Shyirin woke up sleepily and saw that Sanzo was awake. Her brown eyes opened wide and gazed at Sanzo's violet eyes. Her eyes looked like she had been crying the whole night. She climbed into the bed and slept beside Sanzo.

"Hold me."

Sanzo put his arms around her as Shyirin moved nearer towards Sanzo.

"This is the only joy I find when I'm with you and the most comfort when I need you. Thank you." she whispered and closed her eyes.

Sanzo ran his fingers in her hair as he shut his eyes, to fall asleep.