Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Taste of True Love ❯ how it began ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Taste of True Love

Chapter 1:

It was such a beautiful day and a happy day, for the Kingdom of Saiyu was having an enormous party for the arrival of their new princess. Everything you'd expect at a big party was there, and even more. There was a gigantic meal which everybody feasted on happily. However, everybody mostly came to meet the little darling baby of Queen Botatsu and to have some fun. After the joyous festivity has ended, the Queen of Saiyu went out to take a walk at her garden. She brought with her the little baby princess tucked in her arms sound asleep. The day became so peaceful as Queen Botatsu walked through the garden. She could hear the birds chirping, she could feel the evening breese flow onto her face, and could see the wonderful sight of flower petals with the wind. She was so relaxed, until something startled her. However, it wasn't anything dangerous or horrible, it was just a little cry from the once sound asleep baby who has just woken up. Like any mother would do, the queen smiled, rocked her little one gently back and forth. The quen begun to hum a melody, with a voice so sweet and the melody filled with love, the song was very soothing. After awhile of humming such a beautiful tune, words began to come:

Hush my little baby,
Hush my honey love,
But before you sleep my darling,
Look at the stars up above.

The queen looked up to the night skies with soft eyes.

Make a wish my baby,
A wish that is so true,
A wish pure of heart and love,
A wish made out of the blue.

The princess' eyes begun to close once more, just by listening to the sound of her mother's voice.

Now close your eyes, and go to sleep,
May all your dreams come true,
Hush my little baby,
I'll always be here for you…

As the princess was sound asleep, the queen kissed the forehead of her beloved baby. At the same time, the queen didn't know that a pair of soft young eyes was watching over her from behind the wall.
The eyes belonged to a young woman holding a baby in her arms just like the queen has, except hers was a baby boy with the most intense golden eyes, "Look son, it's the queen… doesn't she have such a beautiful voice?" Everyday in that year, the young lady would come near the wall at the same time each day, to admire the soothing voice of the gentle queen and would let her darling baby fall asleep in her arms. The young woman worked for the queen and was a real close friend too. The queen could talk to the woman about anything from her royal duties to her inner most secrets. However, later in the year, things changed.
The young woman went to the castle as usual, except a little earlier then the previous times she has done so. As she strolled towards the castle with her baby boy in her arms, she admired the view of the sun rising behind the castle. However, she didn't know that something horrifying was being planned not so far away. Well, when she came to the castle, the guards showed her in, and told her where she can find the queen. She followed the directions, which led her to the garden. She loved the garden for it was so huge, a lot of space, peaceful, and beautiful. There were a few people there relaxing under the trees, reading some stories or poems, and some were talking amongst their own friends. As she was taking deep breathes. She heard a clanging of swords nearby. So, of course, being the curious one she is, she went towards the sound. She saw two warriors in armor fighting, both with their helmets on. She watched them with gentle and proud eyes, little amusement could be seen as well. Yet, when she noticed that it was near the end of this little battle, you can add in disappointment to the list. She knew for one of the warriors had an advantage and saw an openings as did the our young maiden, giving the warrior the chance to twist away the opponent's sword, having it fly outwards in great speed. Nobody noticed that the young woman was there, until they found that the sword was heading straight towards her, "Look out!!!"
The young woman smiled and as quick as lightning , she picked up a big stick with her foot. Then when the sword was inches away, she used the stick and its force against it, to twist as did the warrior with it's opponent, which caused the sword now to flip upwards. At the end, she slid her legsas the sword came back down, and caught it while still holding her precious baby in her arms. Everybody who saw this amzing scene, awed in amazement. The tall warrior who had won began to walk towards the young woman and said with a friendly tone, "Lady Yaone…" and took off the helmet laid across the face, allowing hair as black as ebony to blow through the breeze for a second, the let it fall down the waist.
Yaone smiled, "You know I don't think that suits you…"
"Yes I know," the tall woman made whined, "This armor doesn't look right, and it doesn't even feel comfortable… Why do they make us wear these anyways?"
Yaone giggled at the reply, "I meant fighting, fighting doesn't suit you, because…"
"Hey, are you saying I shouldn't be fighting because I am a woman? What about you? No one could ever suspect such a woman with a gentle heart and grace to be one of the best warriors of this kingdom…" the tall woman hated it when people say it isn't appropriate for her to fight, because of her gender.
"No, I meant that fighting isn't fit for a queen… You know it's very hard to find a queen anywhere would even dare to try to go near any type of weaponry…" Yaone felt hurt from the response she has received, but knew the reason which calmed her. She began to walk besides the queen through the gardens.
"Oh… well, it's just that I'm the best out there, no queen, or even king can compete against," Queen Botatsu joked, but noticed the serious face on Yaone's face, "Sorry… you know the reason why I started fighting… it's because my husband died, and I had to learn how to defend myself from harm, even though I'm the queen…"
"Well, I understand… I fight, because I have a family to protect…" Yaone looks at her baby boy, who was sound asleep.
"What about your husband? Can't he protect you? Isn't he one of this kingdom's best warriors?" Botatsu looked a bit disappointed.
"Of course he can, it's just that two warriors are better than one, plus I can beat him…" Yaone apprehended with a proud tine.
The queen looked surprised, but also impressed, "Is that so? He must be very proud to have you be his wife…"
"Yes, I suppose, but the big reason why I can beat him is because he says he can't hit girls or women… he says it's barbaric, so when ever we practice moves on each other, all he does is dodge my strikes… so you can say I have more of an advantage," Yaone and the queen laughed, yet all of the sudden something hit Yaone's thoughts, "My lady, where is Princess Mikalin?"
"Oh, she is right there… she was watching me while I was practicing," Queen seeing her beautiful little princess was asleep and then she laughed, "I guess she learned so much she got tired and took a little break, huh?"
"You shouldn't have left her all alone…"
"She was just right there, where I could keep an eye on her throughout my whole practice…"
"But still…" she caresses the soft cheek of the young baby girl, then puts her son down next to the little princess. The site of the two sleeping children was sp adorable, "Don't they look cute…"
Suddenly, a scream was heard from heard from nearby which caught everybody's attention. However, it was hard to see what was happening, for everything was happening so fast. All that could be seen was blood, and all that could be hear were screams. Then in a flash, everything came to a stop, and all that Taone and the queen could see was a very atrocious site in front of them. People, that just awhile before they were having a relaxing time in the sun, all set at a peaceful scenery, it seemed impossible that anything could have ruined the moment. However, what had just happened proved wrong, the once cozy setting, became a bloody hell. Bodies covered with deep cuts, blood, and even organs were sticking out, there were even bodies missing their own heads. In addition, there was an evil presence surrounding the aura, and then suddenly the air was filled with an evil laughter.
A group of men in black costumes emerged from the top of the gigantic wall and right before Queen Botatsu and Yaone, a manly figure came ahead a little from the rest and began to speak, "My dear queen, why look so sad? Why don't you put a smile on that pretty face?" Queen Botatsu began to shiver, for the voice if the man had sounded very familiar to her. Suddenly, she noticed that the man figure jumped off the wall, and closer to her, letting his appearance be more recognizable. As he came and made a stop about a meter away from her, the sight of his complete self had given a huge effect onto the queen. For the moment she fully recognized him, she froze and felt as if her heart had skipped a few beats. He was very handsome and well-built with a few scars on his body, including his face. However, even with such an a attractive face, he couldn't cover the evil that was hidden deep within. When he had gotten close enough, he caressed the queen's soft left cheek, which had caused her more fear and shock that was about to faint.
However, before anyone could notice, Yaone had taken the stick she had used before to bring down one of the men, grabbed for his sword, and made a flip towards the queen and the scarred man. As she landed, she slid down a bit, and then held up the sword, and made a flip towards the queen and the scarred man. As she landed, she slid down a bit, and then held up the sword against his throat. At first everyone didn't know what was happening, but when they did, they became all shocked and the queen snapped out of her trance noticing was going o. Even the man, who now had a sword against his throat , was shocked, by relaxed soon after. She smiled evilly, "Lady Yaone, you haven't changed a bit… Just as before, so beautiful, graceful. And overprotecting…"
Still holding the sword up, even closer to the neck that before, Yaone frowned, "And you, cruel, nasty, and still a pain in the neck…"
The man frowned and made a little whine, "You still think of me as if I'm the devil? Come on, why can't you be nice to me for once."
"You think I can be nice to such a person of such personality, and especially when you are the one who had murdered our king? Also, just now you and your men had just killed many innocent people! You guys make me sick!" Her voice became calmer, just trying to control her anger, "Now, just leave us be, and go away as far as you can or else… Xenon…"
"What are you going to do my dear ladies? You do know fighting isn't very lady-like…" the, he took a leap backwards to get away from the sharp blade of the sword.
"Well, I guess in your case, we'll just have to make an execption… Right my queen?" Yaone had formed into a low stance with the sword held above her head. Queen Botatsu nodded and took out her sword. Xenon smiled, and made a sign to inform his troops to fight. The practices that the two women had before, paid off. The pale pack were very quick and rough, unfortunately for them, Yaone and the queen were even better. Blood scattered everywhere, adding more on to which had already seemed like hell. Few hours has passed, and many of the men got either hurt pretty badly or even killed, this even includes Yaone and Queen Botatsu who both had a few, but very deep, serious cuts. At last, it all finally came down to only Xenon, one of Xenon's best men, Yaone, and Queen Botatsu.
Yaone had an advantage against the other man since his sword flew a few meters away his reach. As she was about to make her strike, she had heard the queen yell out a scream of great pain. Which, indeed she was, Xenon made his move, and had made a strike onto the queen's arm, causing it to bleed excessively. He was about to make another strike with his sword which was so close, but just in time, Yaone pushed herself into the queen's spot and took the strike instead. The sword went through her, it went all the way through. Queen Botatsu saw Yaone slowly slide off the sword of Xenon and then fell onto the floor hard. As the queen saw this event slowly happening, flashbacks of her husbands death kept repeating in her mind, exactly the way Yaone died, her husband too saved her from the wrath of Xenon, and now history replayed it's torture. A bunch of feelings were churning within her: fear, anger, sadness, shock, and more. The next thing she knew was that she saw the other man lying, drenched in blood next to a body, Xenon's body. However, something was missing, then Botatsu noticed what was missing was in her hands, Xenon's head.
The news of the woman's death brought sorrow throughout, not only in the family, but throughout the whole kingdom. Everybody cried for her knowing that such a wonderful woman has passed away. Especially the queen who thought of the woman as a best friend. Botatsu had suggested that Homura and his son should stay at the castle, but Homura suggested that he would like his son growing up the way he and his wife had grown up at. The baby boy never got to hear the song of the queen and her child for hid father never took him there like the way his mother had used to, but he had dreamed about it as he sleeps. He could hear his own mother singing it to him, which always clams and relaxes him. Unfortunately, whenever he wakes up, he'd be all relaxed but would forget what happened in the dream, including the song that helped him relax.

So what do you think? lame i know... because i found this of which i wrote LOOOONNNNGGG ago... and just thought of posting it up... same as the next chapter... the characters were chosen of how they connect with other characters... if you want to yell be my guess... but please R+R... flames are accepted so i'd know how bad it is... =P