Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Taste of True Love ❯ how they met ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2:

Well, many years had passed and the kingdom tried as best as they could with all of it's joy, including the princess. However, on the young one's tenth birthday, Queen Botatsu thought she had had a brilliant idea with King Gyumao and his queen. "Mikalin!"
"Yes Mother dearest?" A little girl in an elegant pink gown came running towards the queen. Mikalin bowed to King Gyumao and Queen Rasetrunyo and greeted them in a kind matter.
"King Gyumao and I had come up with a brilliant plan!" The queen was so excited sshe had to clap her hands with joy.
"From the sound of it, I'm really eager to hear about it!" Indeed she was, for her mother had never disappointed her before. She loves her mother very much. She knew that the decisions that the queen makes wouldn't disappoint her, hopefully. "So, what is the great news?"
"Queen Botatsu nodded to King Gyumao as a signal, "Kou! Come here!" A young boy, a little older than Princess Mikalin, but still very close in age, came running towards his father's voice of who has yelled out his name, "Kou, we have great news."
"Prince Kougaiji… Nice to see you again," Mikalin took another graceful curtsy in front of the young prince.
"Likewise Princess Mikalin," he too had replied with a courteous bor, but still had such a serious expression like before. This sight had brightened the king's and two queens' hearts even more, "So father, you wanted to say something?" Then, suddenly the two children noticed they were being pushed closer together, about a foot apart. This sort of scared the two, but they were still willing to hear the news and looked at their parents with their curious eyes.
"Well, your father, Queen Botatsu, and I had all agreed, and believes it is a good arrangement to combine our kingdoms together," continued the excited version of Queen Rasetsunyo, "That you two should combine as one body and help each other. As two eyes watches over the whole kingdom, as two hands to hold everything together easier, as there is two sides of a brain to explain to each other on how to work…" but was interrupted by the two confused little royals.
"Father, I don't understand what the heck mother is saying…"
"I agree… I got lost in her words…" The king and queens were happy to see that their children had such similar minds…
"Well, what mother was trying to say was that… lets see… how should I put it," King Gyumao was thinking then he got it, "Well, like the saying goes, 'Two heads are better than one,' you two would be perfect for each other!"
"Uh… your highness, I'm sorry to say, but I'm still confuse," Mikalin said in a embarrassed tone, "Mother, can you explain what they are trying to say?"
"Yes your majesty, for I have to agree with the princess, would you?"
Queen Botatsu smiled then pointed towards King Gyumao and his queen, "See them? We were thinking you two ending up just like them in the future."
At first the prince and princess blinked, looked at each other, and then looked at their parents once again. The young princess was the first to break the silence and yelled out, "Oh! You mean king and queen type of business?" They saw their parents nod their heads happily.
"Is that what's this excitement is all about? We already know about that," Prince Kougaiji smiled happily and so did Princess Mikalin, however, this left the grown ups a bit confused now.
"You already know?" asked Mikalin's puzzled mother.
"Of course, me being Queen and Prince Kougaiji being King, right?"
"Yea, and if Princess Mikalin's kingdom is in need of help, my troops and I will be here to help her in any way we can…"
"Me too! If the prince's own kingdom is in need for help, the Kingdom of Saiyu will be there…" screamed out the little princess…. When the grown ups noticed what their little ones were talking about, they suddenly became disappointed. Well, except the king, who seemed more mad then disappointed.
"No, my dear child," Queen Botatsu patted her daughter's head gently, then looked at the young prince, "We meant that you and Kougaiji… be engaged… you know… married in the future…"
The two kids looked at each other, then their parents, both still puzzled on what was happening, "Marriage?" They both pointed at each other with shaking hands. The parents looked happily at each other and then at their children. They began to plan all arrangements for the wedding, forgetting that their kids were still in the stage of shock and uncertainty. Then, suddenly Kougaiji broke off the silence between him and Mikalin, and also broke off all the noise of their parents' excitement, "You expect me to marry that?" he pointed directly at Mikalin with such a harsh tone of disgust and hatred. Everybody became silent of sudden shock.
"Then, when nobody expected it, Mikalin slapped the young prince down hard, he even fell onto the floor, "Don't you ever refer me as a thing! I'm a person, you got that!? Plus, you think I want to marry you!? If you do, think again! I hate you!" Everybody could see the tears that flowed down her face like waterfalls, and her face that became red as a cherry. Before anyone knew it, she ran out crying her ehart out. She ran, as if the world had no end. She had no idea of where she was going, she was just so mad, nothing else mattered. Well, until she did finally noticed what she had done, "Mama?" She looked around, and found that she was somewhere deep within a forest, "He… hello?" I never knew there was a forest nearby the castle… " For a long while, she was observing the place she was at, and swearing to herself that she never saw it before, "Am I that far away from home?"
Finally, right when she was just about to lose hope, she had seen a light just ahead of her. With little hope, she ran towards it, hoping it would lead her home and out of the creepy forest. When she was only a few meters from the light, she held her eyes shut. She had done so for two reasons: One, because she was hoping that it would help her run faster to get out. Second, she was also hoping that when she opens her eyes she'd see her mom running at her to give her a hug, and saying everything would be all right. Unfortunately, when she had opened her eyes, it was too late. For she had just run into something, well more like someone. They were both on the floor, Mikalin just wouldn't stop apologizing, and had her eyes shut once more. When she opened them, and face her head up, she noticed a figure hovering over her. Then, she had noticed it was a boy, seems to be just about the same age, and he was holding out his hand. What had interested Mikalin was a bit embarrassed, but took the hand and got up, "You know, you should watch where you are going, who knows… you could have fallen off a cliff instead of bumping into me…"
"Mikalin put her head down and nodded a little, "OK, I'm sorry."
The mysterious boy smiled, "It's OK, as long as we're both fine, that's all that matters right?" Mikalin nodded again, "My name is Goku… Are you lost?" Mikalin's face had saddened, noticing why she was there, she was lost. Goku noticed the sad expression on her face, he too began to feel sorry and sad, he smiled, "Hey, if you need help, I'll help you after I finish with all my squire duty, if that's OK?"
This brightened up Mikalin a bit, from then on, she had a new friend, "It's OK, I'm lucky to have you help me anyways… My name is Mikalin…" Goku was glad that she befriended him. After a few hours of labor, Mikalin too had helped a little to pass the time, they headed to Goku's house, "You work that much everyday?"
"Goku smiled, "It's not that much when you get used to it… Well, my house isn't that far off…" Suddenly a loud sound was heard…
"What was that?" Mikalin noticing it was coming from Goku.
Goku laughed, "Well, I guess I need something to eat… I'm starving! Oh! There is my house!" Goku pointed with excitement, grabbed Mikalin's hand, and ran. He had a strong grip and was very fast, Mikalin tried her best to catch up, trying not to fall again. Goku opened the door, "I'm home and hungry!"
With speed that Mikalin has never seen before, a man came running down from the hall, "Goku! You are home!" The man hugged Goku tightly, but after awhile he noticed something, "Goku… who's that?"
Goku turned to Mikalin, "Oh she's a new friend of mine… She's lost, so I was wondering if we can taker her to where she's suppose to be tomorrow, if that is OK?"
At first the man just stared at Mikalin, but snapped out of it and let them in, "Sure, come in… come in… Make yourself feel right at home. I'm Goke's father, Homura. I have just finished dinner."
"Yes! I'm starved!"
"Goku, you are always hungry!"
"So, I need food… Let's eat!" Mikalin giggled, finding everything a bit amusing. Goku's father had set up a big course dinner, well not compared to the ones she had at her home, but it was pretty close. Goku ate more than half of the whole meal that was set up, which made Mikalin even more amused.
"Sorry for his rude manners.."
"It's OK, I guess he is just a very healthy eater.."
"I didn't quite catch your name at first, what was it?"
"My name is Mikalin…" Sje was interrupted, for Homura got up from his chair abruptly.
"So that's why I felt such a familiar presence! You're Botatsu's daughter right!? Queen Botatsu!?"
Goku was shocked on his father's reaction, and to what he was saying, "You are? Are you the Princess of Saiyu?" Mikalin nodded her head indicating a yes.
"Oh my! Your mother must be worried sick! We should bring you right away!" Homura seemed as if he was panicking, which indeed he was.
"Mister Homura, it is OK. You have some so much for me today, and it is dark out… Why don't we worry about all this tomorrow? I don't want any of this to bother you…"
"Princess, I bet you, your mother had set out all of her troops just trying to look for you…" Homura gazed into Mikalin's eyes with a bit of sadness. Indeed, he was right, for Queen Bptatsu at that moment was waiting impatiently for her troops to come back with her beloved daughter. Mikalin thought about it, then nodded. So, they left for the Palace of Saiyu, there were many guards, but they weren't much attention to them, for they were too busy looking for the princess, "See, I told you…" They got to the castle, and Homura asked to see Queen Botatsu. Mikalin and Goku noticed that just by one sight of Homura, many of the people had all started to gossip and the guards, instead of asking for a reason why he wanted to see the queen, just abruptly went and left to go and get her. When they came back, they informed that the queen would be coming, which in a few minutes, she did. People could tell she was crying for her eyes were red and she was also sniffling.
"Homura, you came back? Did you hear about Mikalin?" it was very hard for her to speak, she began to cry once again for the sound of her child's name.
Homura smiled, "Look for yourself…" he made a sign of informing for their two children to come. When they did, the queen brightened and ran towards her daughter hugging her tightly. Mikalin hugged backed, After that they had a talk. Mikalin and Goku were playing some sort of game, while the grown ups were catching up, "Wow, Goku became a suire that fast? Well, I suggest you all should stay here… for it's very late, and we would like to show our gratitude for you bringing back our princess." Homura was about to back down on the offer, but noticed that the two children were already asleep.
During the years, Mikalin and Goku became very close friends. Homura agreed that Goku may visit, as long as he still stayed with his squire duties. Goku became a knight at an early age (just like his father did). One evening, Goku and Mikalin were out late for Goku couldn't sleep… or so did Mikalin, "Hey, I have an idea that may help us sleep… I'll sing a some my mom used to sing…"

Hush my little baby,
Hush my honey love,
But before you sleep my darling,
Look at the stars up above.

Goku's eyes widen, for he had noticed the song… He began to sing it, as if he knew the song all along… This surprised Mikalin, but she continued… and so did he. They made the melody sound so beautiful.

Make a wish my baby,
A wish that is so true,
A wish pure of heart and love,
A wish made out of the blue.

Queen Botatsu, was awake too and heard her song being sung. She smiled, not knowing that a tear has fallen off her cheek.

Now close you eyes, and go to sleep,
May all your dreams cometru,
Hush my little baby,
I'll always be here for you…