Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Taste of True Love ❯ how they found their true destiny... love... ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 3:

The blossoms, so sweet and pretty, being carried by the wind. Nearly the time for the bright sun to set and rest behind the mountains and upcoming night sky. The Palace of Saiyu can be seen, the sunlight hitting it just right, what a beautiful scene. A noble knight on his horse is roaming in the forest for he had nothing to do and it was such a nice day out. The forest was relaxing, nothing heard, but the sounds of nature. So peaceful... but then... a loud gurgling could be heard throughout the forest...
"I'm hungry... I should go back to the palace..." The knight's stomach was complaining very loudly, as he was going towards the palace, all the little critters ran off, frightened of the sound...
"Sir Goku? Is that you?" A young maiden was in the garden near the palace, she came up to the knight... "So it is... it is such a nice day out... but you don't seem so very glad... Are you okay o brave knight?" She asked in such a curious matter, but all the reply she got was a loud complaint from the young knight's stomach... "Oh, I see, but you have just eaten not so much as three hours ago... well, why don't you come to the kitchen and I'll go get you something to eat..." Sir Goku got off his horse and the young woman lead him to the kitchen and asked him to go sit on the table... She brought some turkey, a loaf of bread, a piece of cake, and wine. She too sat down across from Sir Goku.
"Lady Mikalin," The young lady a bit surprised that the knight didn't touch any of his food, because usually he'd be finish when she sat down...
"Yes," She replied with such a sweet, but still curious manner...
"I'm sorry..."
"Sorry for what?"
"For causing you so much trouble... I'm sorry, but I'm also thankful for your kindness," He said it so shyly and quietly, it almost seemed as if he was talking to himself.
She smiled, so elegant and so delicate with such young beauty that fits perfectly for her age of sixteen. Sir Goku seemed embarassed, but even more embarassed when his stomach started complaining as if saying, 'Eat you fool! Can't you hear me!? Hey, don't make me suffer, there is food right in front of you! What are you waiting for!? Eat!' It was so loud and also in front of such elegant woman, it just had to complain, but all she did was giggle...
"You should eat, because your stomach seems to be suffering of you just sitting in front of the food doing nothing..." She giggled somemore, but noticed that Sir Goku was still, trying to keep the temptation within, no matter how much his stomach complained. She smiled, sat closer to him, and pushed the turkey towards him closer..."Please eat, or is it that my food doesn't seem edible? Is it not good enough? Or does it seem poisonous that it may kill you?"
"No! No! I LOVE your cooking!" The man got up with surprise and furry of what she had said.
"Then why not eat? Your stomach has complained and suffered long enough... Why hide the temptation?" She didn't get any reply out of the young man, however, he finally took a bite out of his bread and a sip of his wine... "Good?" She noticed a smile has appeared onto the young man's lips and Lady Mikalin also smiled, happy that he was happy.
As they were chatting after dinner about their day, there came a knock on the door and Lady Mikalin went up to answer it. When she opened the door, a tall man walked in, he had such beautiful long hair of crimson red and the color of blood in his eyes and with such strong features... "Good evening Sir Gojyo... It's a pleasure to see you again..." The tall knight knelt down and kissed her hand and she smiled. When Sir Goku saw this, anger and jealously can be seen in his golden eyes.
"It's always a pleasure to see you my lady..." Sir Gojyo got up and noticed Sir Goku... "Who brought in the monkey?" Sir Goku got even tenser than before.
But right before Sir Goku was going to get up wanting to stranggle the man, Lady Mikalin went towards Sir Gojyo and made a complaint..."Please don't call him that... it's Sir Goku..." Silence filled the air, for no one expected that the young maiden would come up and make such a request.
"As you wish my lady... Sir Goku please forgive me..." He almost seemed disgusted he said it, but no one complained, not even Sir Goku who was just standing quietly. Suddenly a knock on the door could be heard, well actually more like banging. The person just let himself in panting hard, as if he ran a hundred miles. It was the personal messenger of Lord Botatsu, as usual he would kneel down as respect to the lady and knights.
"Excuse me for the interuption my lady and fair knights, but Sir Gojyo, it is urgent that you go to the royal courtyard... Lord Botatsu will await you there..."
"Thank you... tell Lord Botatsu I'm coming shortly..." The messenger nodded, bowed, and left. Sir Gojyo once more kissed the fair Lady Mikalin's hand and said,
"Sorry to leave, but I'm needed. So please forgive me for rushing out like this."
"You have no need for an apology..."
"Thank you, I hope that you'll have a good night young fair maiden..." He nodded to Sir Goku, whom also nodded back. However, as the tall knight passed Sir Goku, he spoke quietly so that it only allowed Sir Goku to be able to hear, in such a serious tone he said, "You better get out of my way monkey-boy... Mikalin is mine..." As he left the door, he had a little smirk on his face...
Sir Goku stood in silence as the door shut, Lady Mikalin notice his silence, "Are you okay? Sir Goku?" The young man didn't have any reply... "Sir Goku? Hello?"
They both fell silent for awhile.
Sir Goku finally replied, "It's just that..." He takes a glance at the elegant lady...
"Yes?" She asked in such a curious and cute tone.
"It's just that I..." and a loud gurgling sound could be heard from his stomach, "...am hungry..." He looked down in embarassment.
She smiled softly, "But Sir Goku, you just ate not but an hour ago..." but all Sir Goku did was he sunk his face with embarassment even lower than before... "Okay... what would you like? It'll be fun, we'll be able to talk more!" Sir Goke was happy on how Lady Mikalin seemed so excited for his stay. They talked till late that night about their day, what they liked, and what they hate, as if they could tell each other anything, "So Sir Goku... what is your favorite food so I'll be able to prepare it on a special occasion just for you?"
The young man blushed, "Well umm... I like steaks, ham, chicken, apples, cake, cookies, turk..." Lady Mikalin had to interrupt for Sir Goku's 'list' of favorite foods was beginning to be too long...
"Well, do you have 'one' favorite? The one you love most of all?" Trying to make it in a much simpler form, well for her that is.
On the other hand, Sir Goku was thinking really hard to find a 'one' answer, "Umm... one... well I like... but I also like..."
The fair maiden smiled, "Is there something you don't like?"
However, that was even harder for the man to think about then the other question, "Well... umm... I don't like the taste of swords... too bitter..."
The young lady giggled and said, "I guess you're just a very healthy eater... "
Sir Goku blushed and said really quietly, "Well.. I do love 'mikans'... They are sweet... and so pretty..."
"Hey... I love mikans also! I'll remember to have a big bowl just for us laid out okay!"
Sir Goku thought to himself, "I'm sure that she had another meaning for 'loving Mikans...' He blushed at the thought and got even redder just by the site of Lady Mikalin's beauty, he loved talking to her. They talked a little longer for it was getting really late and at the end said their goodbyes.
Early the next morning, Sir Goku took a relaxful walk to the garden, thinking about his sweet Mikalin. Suddenly, someone could be heard beyond the bushes. Sir Goku took out his sword in the speed of light, ready to defend himself for anything. "You're up pretty early... Goku..." Sir Goku lowered his sword, for it was only his good friend Sir Hakkai. His friend was a tall brunette with eyes of deep green. "You are usually in bed, kicking everything and everyone out of your way..."
"I couldn't sleep last night..." was all he said as he put his sword away and the two walked in the garden as the sun rose up, awaking from its restful sleep. Sir Goku told his tall friend about the night before with Lady Mikalin. Sir Hakkai, as Sir Goku spoke, sometimes teased his young friend that someone is in love. Of course, the young knight blushed and as he was talking, he didn't forget to tell the brunette about Sir Gojyo.
"Well, I have heard he has been going for Lady Mikalin for quite sometime..."
"Really," Sir Goku yelled in shock and anger, "Why my Mikan!?"
"First of all, how did Lady Mikalin become 'your Mikan?'" Sir Goku blushed as he recalled what he just said, "Second, who wouldn't try to go for her... she is so beautiful with so much grace and sweetness in her... Also, you know you can't win against Sir Gojyo..." Sir Goku felt as if he was stabbed right in the heart, "He is very good with women. All women think he is so handsome and strong, they'll do anything for him. He is very popular for that."
"I thought you were on my side?"
"Who said I was on anybody's side. I'm just saying what is true..." A bit shocked that his young friend would accuse him of such a thing.
"Well, you can go a little more easy with the truth..." Sir Goku looked down with a bit of disappointment, and then became startled for someone was also there besides him and Sir Hakkai.
"The truth does hurt... You know Mikalin is going to be mine anyways, so why don't you give up kid?" Sir Gojyo was listening to the two knights talk for just a little while.
"How long have you been listening!?"
"Well, since the time you called her 'your mikan...' You know she isn't any food... What are you going to do... Eat her?"
"I'll never give up... I love her! You'll never have her as long as I'm here..." He draws his sword with anger and eyes saying 'Do anything that gets me angry...I swear you'll die...'
"I like your spirit... however, just hoping to win her love will not work... that's what makes you even more stupid..." Sir Goku ran towards the crimson haired man with a strike of his sword, however, Sir Gojyo got out his sword in time to save himself from the blade of the young warrior.
They were about to go into a more serious fight, but Sir Hakkai stopped them, "Such a barbaric way to handle things... why not take it to the pope? He'll probably know what to do..." Sir Goku and Sir Gojyo agreed it was a bit barbaric to fight in the royal garden, just spreading blood everywhere wouldn't solve anything... So they took the advice of the brunette, and went to the church. They found the pope and all three knelt before him, "Father Sanzo, we are in need for some advice...
Sir Hakkai explained the love problem to the pope, who was getting annoyed as Sir Goku and Sir Gojyo was giving sneers, grunts, and even whispering out names to each other... He got so annoyed that he hit them on their heads really hard a few times with his staff. They complained, but the pope and Sir Hakkai ignored the complaints and went on with their conversation, "So, what do you think they should do?"
At first the pope was pretty quiet, "Well, you can have a tournament, and whoever wins maybe the one suitable for the fair maiden..." They thought it was a pretty good idea, especially coming from such an abusive pope who seemed to be in the position of a pope just for the money.
"Bless you father," All three of them kissed his hand and left... They took Father Sanzo's advice and went to Lord Botatsu for permission to have a tournament. However, they didn't tell their reason, for they wanted Lady Mikalin to choose who is right for her... Lord Botatsu granted their wish after a lot of convincing from Sir Hakkai...
In a week, the palace was all decorated and a feast was being ready... All the arrangements for the tournament were all finished. Many knights took part in the tourney, and of course, Sir Goku and Sir Gojyo defeated all. So, they were the last pair to fight, while the other knights are off in being bandaged. This part of the event, everybody was waiting for in excitement, for everyone knew the two were the best in the whole palace. Sir Goku and Sir Gojyo took their spots and were ready to charge. Both on their horses, and everyone cheering them on, including the fair Mikalin, who was with all the other noblewomen. This is what gave Sir Goku more confidence in wanting to win this tournament.
The competition has started... everybody is rooting for both the knights. At first, they barely got a scratch on eachother, until Sir Goku got distracted by Lady Mikalin, "I'm rooting for you guys, be careful!" He was hit pretty bad on his good arm which was bleeding excessively. However, he didn't want to give up. He kept on going with the fight. Everybody was surprise that he hadn't called quits after such a bad hit. He couldn't get many hits on Gojyo for his right arm was badly damage, that he barely could hold his lance. At the same time, Sir Gojyo kept aiming right at Sir Goku. Blood was splattered everywhere and Sir Goku getting weaker. Everybody was trying to convince him to quit for he was really hurt, but he refused. However, later in the day, his hand just couldn't hold on anymore, and the last blow pushed Sir Goku right at the ground really hard. Lord Botatsu was about to proclaim that Sir Gojyo was the winner, but before he could say anything, Sir Gojyo was hit by the staff of Father Sanzo, who just needed somebody to beat. So, at first it was kind of confusing on who the winner is, but they gave up and gave it to Father Sanzo who is now the chapion of the tournament. The last thing Sir Goku saw was Lady Mikalin running towards him, yelling out his name, and with tears.
A few hours later, Sir Goku woke up, and he noticed he was in his room. He could hear the festivity downstairs. He layed in bed thinking about Lady Mikalin. He lost her. The thought of his loss hurt so much, it almost seemed he was going to cry, but a sudden knock came onto the door, "You may enter..."
It was Lady Mikalin, with a bowl of mikans, "See I told you I'd have a bowl just for us..." She smiled, and Goku's heart lightened up a bit, but it darkened again, "Are you okay? I was surprise that you didn't quit... I was really worried..." She was interupted with a sudden kiss from Goku, both mouths touched and young man turned away quickly.
"Please forgive me, for I just had to... because I love you... and I know you would prefer a guy like Sir Gojyo... but I had to, just once..." Sir Goku said in a soft tone, pouring his heart out.
"Who said I'd prefer Sir Gojyo?"
"All I heard was that all women would do anything for him..."
"But I'm not all women..."
"Yes I know... but..." He was interupted by a kiss from the young lady. He was really shocked for he never expected that to happen. He was stunned and also blushed to a deep red.
"But what? I love you... and that is all that matters..."