Ghost Hunt Fan Fiction ❯ The Haunted School ❯ New member of the team ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They went to the base. Mai had gone first to check if principal wasn't anywhere around. She didn't saw him anywhere. She missed two eyes watching her from the shadows too. She felt little chill running on her back, but she said to herself that it's because she was alone.
When they went inside, Cat sat on the chair she was sitting before, while Naru sat opposite her with Lin. Gene stand next to wall and Mai sat next to girl.
“Have you ever heard about people who are Verdedigers?” when they shook their heads, she continued “It means “protector”. Verdedigers are people, who can connect particles from the air and changed it on the power, which can attacked both normal humans and creatures like ghosts or demons. For example I can connect the particles of warmth and I can make fire from air of I can say that”
“What?!” Mai looked very shocked. Cat looked at her “You have that power? Is it even possible?”
Cat sighed and took one of the paper on the table. She closed her eyes and whispered ”brand“. The paper was in a fire after a second. The rest people in the room looked on it speechless.
“There is only four family who possessed the powers of Verdedigers.” She continued, after the fire was gone “My family, like I said, can connected warmth and Shannon's family- water. I'm not sure if she had this power, because she have never used it yet.”
“She has it too?!” Mai was more shocked than before.
“I'm not sure, because usually men has this power. In the history was only five women who were Verdedigers.” Cat looked on the window “If Shannon wasn't in danger, I wouldn't use it” she added
“Why?” Mai looked at her.
“Because I don't like it.” She said simply, not looking at them.
“Why?” Naru asked, looking on her suspicious “Usually, people with great powers are trying to show it to the world.”
She looked on him
“It's connecting me with my family, and I don't want have any bond with them. But it's my personal business” she said. Naru though deeply about something.
“Well, I have proposition to you.” He finally said, looking on her. Four people looking on him “Since you know everything about this school and can defense yourself, you can help us. You will show us every secret room here and other place not often visiting by people. What do you think about it?”
“Principal never will agree on this.” Cat said.
“This will be my problem. You have to only agree.”
Cat though for a moment.
“So, I agree… and good luck with principal” she said, smiling a little “It will be hard”

Cat was right: the principal didn't want to let her free from lessons. It took Naru almost hour to get the agree.
“It looks like you really have bad relationship with principal, don't you?” Takigawa asked Cat, when they were sitting in base. Cat only nodded in response with little smile.
“Why? It has to start somewhere” Gene said. Mai looked curious on the girl. She felt that something happened, because on girl's cheeks appeared little blush.
“Ok, now you have to tell” Mai said.
“Well… when I was fourteen he started to calling me “Kitty”, from my name. Some people thought that it was cute, so they started to call me like that to. And that made me angry. So when he said that I'm unruly Kitty in front of my whole class I lost my temperament, which I never had too much and I used Verdediger's power. I only wanted to fired his jacket on the end a little, but I missed. I aimed in other place… more intimate place… and he knew that it was me, because he knows my family. So… he's trying all the time to take revenge.”
Mai and the rest of the people started to laugh.
“Well, now we know that we shouldn't make you angry” Takigawa laughed “Or our future children will be in danger”
“Oh, shut up.” Cat said “It was his fault not mine.” She became serious. “But tell me… are they death? This missing students?” she asked looking on them
“And why do you asking?” Ayako asked, she didn't want to make this conversation
“Naru said about them in past. It seemed like they were dead.
The others exchanged looks, didn't know what to do. The doors opened, and Naru entered to room.
“Yes, they are dead.” He answered, and sat on his chair. “I won't tell you what happened to them.”
“And how do you know that they are dead? Maybe you are wrong?”
“Unfortunately, Hyuuga-san, I'm very sure about it. In our team is person who has abilities to tell it. It's your business if you'll believe in it or not. But I tell you that principal agreed on your help to us. But you have to have every notes in your notebooks later.”
“Well, I have to asked Shannon to make me copy.” Cat said
“Will she agree on it?” Mai asked
“Of course. It won't be the first time” Cat smiled.
“Gene, take Mai, Takigawa-san and Hyuuga-san and check this secret rooms. Matsuzaki-san, John-san, you will go to rooms, which this students were occupations. Maybe you will find something.”
They nodded and left room.