Ghost Hunt Fan Fiction ❯ The Haunted School ❯ The Accidents ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Takigawa, Gene and Mai followed Cat who was leading them to the library, according to the map, which Mai had in her hands. It was going to rain so the sky was covering by dark clouds. The corridor was dark and scary. Mai again felt like portraits on the wall was watching them. She suddenly stopped. She felt something, sudden feeling of fear. The others looked on her. She turned around and looked into the dark shadows, but didn't see anything. The corridor was totally empty, on they were standing there. But she felt presence of somebody and she couldn't ignore it.
“Mai, what's going on?” Takigawa asked, little worried. Fear, which girl felt, was slowly showing on her face.”Did you see something?”
“No, but… I have the feeling that somebody is watching us.” She said in shaking voice. “And I felt fear similar to this, which I had felt before.”
Gene looked around. He felt it to, but decided not to tell them. They were scared already.
“I think that we should keep going.” Cat said uncertainly, looking around. “Library is closely, and there won't be so dark and atmosphere will be better.”
They moved, but after two meters they heard strange noises, like somebody was moving something on the wall. They stood in the silence and Takigawa prepare himself to spell the charm. But before they could do anything, one of the paintings, the biggest and very heavy one, with Napoleon on it, shake and started to fall. Exactly on Mai, who looked on it with widened eyes. She even didn't scream.
“MAI!” she heard Takigawa's shout.

Ayako and John went outside. They headed to the other building, where students were living. It wasn't as old as school, but in similar design. Ayako looked up on the dark sky.
“Geez, I hate when it's going to rain” she said to John who looked up. “It's little depressing”
“You're right Matsuzaki-san” he answered, politely like always. “And it's going to be dark soon, even if it's day yet.”
“It will be creepy inside school.” Ayako said when they went on path, which was surrounded by trees. Wind started to blow. “What the hell?! My hair will be ruined!” she complained. John only smiled in answer.
Suddenly they heard loud crack and stooped alarmed. They looked up. One of the branches was falling on them. None of them had chance to run away. Ayako screamed very loud.

Naru and Lin were sitting in the base. The Chinese man was looking on monitors and his young boss was talking with Madoka by the phone. Naru's head started to hurt, like always when he was talking with his teacher. Now she was complaining that they hadn't taken her with them. She didn't say anything new, nothing more than Cat had said before.
Suddenly, they heard loud scream, coming from outside. They recognized it as Ayako's.
“Madoka, I've to finish.” He turn out the phone, not waiting on answer. “Lin!”
Chinese man was already near the door. They both run outside and looked around.
“Naru, something is there.” Lin said, pointing on the path. They came closer. Naru's eyes widened.
“Lin, call for ambulance” he said and quickly run to his two coworkers, who were lying unconscious under broken branch.

Mai opened her eyes. She was lying on the floor in the corridor. But she couldn't remember why. After a while it hit her. The portrait was falling on her, But before it crush her, someone pushed her away and she hit her head on the ground. Then everything went black. She looked on Takigawa, who knelt next to her and was watching her with worried eyes.
“You finally woke up.” He said with relief. “Are you hurt?”
“No, I'm fine, Bou-san.” She answered, smiled a little, trying to calm him down. “But what happened? I remembered that the portrait was falling on me” she pointed on painting, which was lying on the ground right now.
“Well, before it hit you, Cat had pushed you, and you both fell on the ground, unconscious. Did you hurt your head?” he asked, rubbing her hair.
“Bou-san, I'm fine” she answered impatiently, pushing his head away, and looked on the right, where Cat was sitting, Gene next to her. Mai asked her with concern “Are you all right?”
“Yeah, I'm fine” she answered, smiling to her. “Only little headache, but I won't die.” She stood up, like Mai and Takigawa. They looked on Gene, who now was kneeling next to portrait, checking it.
“It looks like nails, which were supporting him, are broken. But they look as new ones.” He said, showing them metal pieces.
“They were changed two months ago, when one of the paintings on second floor fell on teacher. The Principal said that it's dangerous and bought a new ones, more solid. They shouldn't just broke like that.” Cat answered, looking on broken nails. “Boys from my class was hanging on some paintings, and nails didn't even move a little. It's little surprising that this one felt so suddenly.” She said.
“Maybe we should finally go to the library?” Mai asked, wondering, if they could do it alive.
“I think that we have to say somebody about this painting.” Takigawa said
“No, you don't have to. Only support it by the wall. The cleaner and janitor will take care about it.” Cat answered, looking through the window. It started to rain and wind was blowing very hurt. Suddenly, the lightning cut the air, and they heard loud thunder. They didn't heard the ambulance, which arrived.