Ghost Hunt Fan Fiction ❯ The Haunted School ❯ The exploring ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Wow, this library is so huge…” Mai said with amusement. The room where the library was placed had 6 meters high and inside was at least 20 big bookshelves.
“Yeah, it's the biggest room in whole school.” Cat said, going between bookshelves, the others followed her “And I think that it's the reason why here are two hidden rooms.”
“Two?” Gene asked “I always thought that in one place is only one.”
“Yeah, I thought that to, but then I accidently found second.” She answered, when they stopped near the last bookshelves. “Not many people are using this books, so no one will come here.” She said, and went behind bookshelf. There were some space between it and wall. Cat stood there and run her hand over the wall. When she found what she was looking for, she pressed it. After a moment one part of the wall moved a little and made a hole which was looking like door. She went inside it and Gene exchange glance with Takigawa. Mai followed her.
When they went inside, they saw almost empty room. There stood only one chair and candlestick on it. The only light was coming from library through open door.
“Gene, Mai, do you feel something?” Takigawa asked.
“I don't” Gene answered, and Mai shake her head to. “Is here other exit, or only this one?” he asked Cat.
“Yes, there is, but I don't know how to open it.” She answered and went to the wall opposite them. She knocked lightly to the wall and they heard sound, which proved, that the space behind the wall was empty.”Only here you can hear it, behind other walls is something. And it looks like small door. Bou-san, can you give me a light?”she took a flashlight from Takigawa, who had taken it from base before their leaving. “Here” She light on the wall. Gene stood next to her and examined it. “Look on it” Cat run her finger over the wall and when Gene looked closer, he saw a little space between it, long on 50 centimeters. He saw lines leading down. It surely looked like small doors. He pushed on it, but it didn't move, even with Takigawa's help. He also checked a wall around it, but found nothing what could opened it. “We have to come here with Naru and asked principal if we can destroy this part of wall.” He finally said, turning to others. “After all, Naru is scientist here.”
They went out. Cat, who came out last, pushed again the stone, which was little different than all wall.
“How did you find it?” Takigawa asked the girl.
“By accident” she answered “I drop something under bookshelf and went on the other said to pick up this. But I slipped on something and tried to catch the wall. I had to accidentally pushed this stone, because the door opened themselves. From this moment I started to look others and I found five. Then I dropped it, because I was boring by looking alone and Shannon was too scared to go with me.”
“Oh, no” Mai suddenly stopped and started to search something in her pocket. She looked on them very unhappy. “I think that I left my lucky key in this room. I have to come back.”
“Wait, I'll go with you.” Takigawa said, but she only shake her head.
“No, you three go, I will be waiting on you here” she said and turned around. She pumped on somebody.
“Naru?” she looked up surprised. “What are you doing here?”
“I was looking for you” he answered. “Matsuzaki-san and John- san are in hospital. The branch fall on them.”
What?!” Takigawa screamed, forgetting that they are in the library, Naru send him a glare “Are they ok?”
“Yes, they are, but they have to stay in hospital on observation. But they will be ok” he answered, looking on them “And how your research?”
“We were in one room, there is some door which we couldn't open.” Gene said “Mai can show you, because she's coming back there.”
“Why?” Naru looked on the girl, who was now rubbing her neck
“Hehe, I left something there.” She answered and Naru only sighed. She always had to do something.
“We will meet here later.” He said and turned with Mai. They left.
“This way” Cat said and lead Gene and Takigawa to the left side of the room. There were more students, what was little problem. No one could see them. Cat looked on watch on her hand.
“It's half an hour yet. Then they are closing.”
“Can we do it without anybody seeing it?” Takigawa asked.
“Well, the students won't be problem, but the librarian will” Cat answered and pointed on women around Takigawa's age, who was sitting behind the desk. Monk sighed.
“You two try to get there and I will take care about our lovely lady.” He said and gave his flashlight to Gene. Then he went to the desk.
“Ok, go” Gene said, and Cat went between bookshelves. She stopped in the middle and knelt on the ground. Gene looked around. “Clear.”
She moved away a carpet, which was lying on the floor. There were a wooden flap with a handle, which girl pulled. The flap raised, and Gene saw a stairs leading down.
“Lady first” he said and handed the flashlight to Cat. She took it
“Coward.” She said, and went inside.
“No, gentleman.” He answered, closing the flap behind him.
“Only in your imagination” Cat replied, light the few stairs and then they stood on the floor.
“You are hurting my ego.” Gene managed to be sad, while Cat took a torch from the wall and fire it by her power.
“Don't worry, it's enough big to deal with it” she light three other torches in the room, which was now looking even comfortable. There were round table with chair near it. Opposite the stairs stood little wardrobe, and on the right middle sized chest. On the left were wooden doors.
“Where this door are leading?” Gene asked.
“Behind are stairs which are leading on the second floor to the toilets.” Cat answered “We will come back that way”
“What is in this chest?” the boy asked, knelt next to it.
“Some old papers, I read only few of them, they are about school history. Nothing interesting.” Cat answered.
Gene knelt next to the chest and opened it. There were only papers, like Cat said, some of them looking very old. He took first and started to read. It was about some competition, which this school won.
“Maybe it's boring, but we can find something, what will help us with this case.” He said “So, sit down comfortable and start to reading” he handed her some of the papers. Cat sighed and sat on the chair, while Gene took a sit on the ground. They started reading.

“Oi, Naru” Mai said, when they were walking to the last bookshelf. “Are Ayako and John really ok? “
“Yes, I already told, you don't have to be worry about it.” He answered and stopped. “What now?”
Mai went behind bookshelf and pushed the stone, which Cat showed them before. The door opened like before, and Mai went inside. She light on a flashlight and started to research the floor. Naru stood in the entrance, but before he could went inside, somebody pushed him hard and he fell inside. He pumped on Mai, who fell too under his weight, with Naru on top of her. The door closed silently