Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ And If The Sun Won't Shine... ❯ Possessed ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: And If The Sun Won't Shine…
Disclaimer: I wouldn't be writing this fanfic if Gravitation's mine, would I? Last time I checked, it certainly doesn't say `Maki Murakami' on my birth certificate… So, there :P The song Possessed is mine, though.
A/N: Okay, so the first chapter is here. Forgive my grammar if it's bad. Note that English is not my mother tongue. The first chapter is quite slow. I promise to get everyone into the picture ASAP. R&R, please :) Sorry if this chapter is short~
Author: Angel (angel @ predilection. o r g)
Website: w w w. predilection . o r g or w w w . darkest-light . n e t
 
 
TRACK 1: POSSESSED
 

Eiri sipped his hot coffee with caution to avoid hurting himself. If one were to look at him closely, he would notice the bags under his eyes which indicated the author did not get much sleep the previous night. Obviously, a cup of steaming espresso wasn't enough for him so he poured himself another cup. The temperature had dropped a few degrees due to the heavy rain outside.
 
CLICK!
 
He switched on the TV, absent-mindedly browsed from one channel to another. `Boring,' he thought. The sixth channel, however, caused the cup of coffee to slip from his hold onto the expensive, imported, designer carpet; staining it. Eiri, however, couldn't care less about the stained carpet. He was too busy gawking at the TV, eyes wide in disbelief. Energetically singing on the stage shown on TV was the mystery guy he met the night before! “Wait a minute, isn't that the new band, Bad Luck? That vocalist and the guy I met…they're the same person?” He asked to no one in particular. The song faded into the background and a voice-over was heard, “The music industry is once again graced with powerful, sensational music in the form of the new band, Bad Luck. Their first concert last week was a total blast, reminding us again of the kick-start of the legendary Nittle Grasper. Seguchi Tohma, the President of NG Studio who is also the former keyboardist of Nittle Grasper, is proud of the new band. He recently declared that signing up Bad Luck under NG Studio was one of the best decisions he has ever made. Although Shindou Shuichi, Bad Luck's vocalist does resemble Sakuma Ryuichi of Nittle Grasper in a lot of ways, he definitely has his unique style especially when ---“
 
CLICK!
 
The TV was abruptly switched off. Eiri was grinning like there was no tomorrow. `So, his name is Shindou Shuichi, huh? Shuichi…I like that name.” Humming a happy tune, he quickly grabbed the phone and dialled a familiar number.
 
DU! DU! DU! CLICK! “Moshi, moshi,” came the reply.
 
“Tohma-nii*, it's Eiri.”
“Ara, good morning Eiri-san! Can I help you? Or do you want to talk to Mika?”
 
“Iie. I want to talk to you…It's about the new band, Bad Luck.”
 
“Go on, I'm listening.”
 
“Do you know if I can meet them at the studio today?”
 
“Er, I don't think so. Today's their day off. I figured Shindou-san might appreciate a little break to create Bad Luck's new songs.”
 
“Oh…” Tohma raised an eyebrow as Eiri's sigh sounded a lot like disappointment.
 
“But I can arrange you a meeting with them if you like.”
 
“Really? That would be great but…Actually, I only want to have a little talk with…er…Shindou Shuichi.” Eiri swore Tohma, his brother-in-law was smirking. “Sure thing, Eiri-san. Why the sudden interest in music, anyway? Or, is it a certain person?”
 
“Tohma-nii…”
 
“I was kidding, Eiri-san. I'll get back to you later, okay? Rest assured that everything will be arranged. Jaa!”
 
“Jaa.” The conversation ended there and Eiri was grinning again. He was going to meet his pink-haired stranger and they're going to have a very long conversation, starting from why the singer thought his stories were rubbish. If he was lucky, he might be able to get to know the singer better.
 
Yeah, he would really love that.
 
………………………&# 8230;…….
 
The colour red was everywhere. On the floor, the wall… It was a living hell.
 
He could hear people screaming every now and then. The intensity of the screams seemed to fade away by each minute. “Okaa-san! Otou-san! Where are you?” He screamed. Another piercing shriek sounded from upstairs. He ran towards the source of the voice, trying his best to ignore the lifeless bodies littered along the stairs. It wasn't supposed to be like this! “Okaa-san!!” He screamed again. “Noo! Don't come in here! Run!!” A woman shrieked, loud but pained. The boy did not care. He burst into the room where the yell came from and practically froze at what he saw. “Bastard! What are you doing to my okaa-san?!” He tried to free the woman from the cruel man but was held back by two equally cruel men. “Get away from her!” He yelled. The men laughed out loud and started dragging the boy into the next room.
 
The boy was roughly slammed into the wall. The men started to tie him up, smirking and laughing all the while. “No! Please, just let me go! Don't do this, please!! Tears stung his eyes. His vision was becoming more blurry as the men came closer…
 
And closer….
 
And closer…
 
“AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!”
 
Shindou Shuichi woke up screaming. His breath came out in short gasps, beads of cold sweat trickled down his pale face. He looked around. Nothing red was in sight. He sighed in relief. “Yet another nightmare.” Shuichi was the image of a naïve, innocent boy if you look at him from afar. His unusual hair colour was enough to attract people's attention. If it weren't for his eyes, people would have mistaken him for a fun, lively young man. Shuichi's eyes were those of the living dead. The clock already screamed 8.10 a.m. Good thing Tohma had given Bad Luck a day off. Shuichi did not feel like going to the studio at all.
 
Stretching his tired muscles, he went to his dresser to comb his messy hair but froze upon seeing his own reflection. For a moment, he just stood there and stared into the mirror. His violet eyes were sharp, mocking and disturbing him to no end. Shuichi felt a sudden urge to crash the offending mirror into tiny, little pieces as an all too familiar feeling of self-loathing threatened to overwhelm his senses. Snapping out of his silent thoughts, he grabbed the hairbrush and brushed his hair, closing his eyes to avoid looking at his reflection. “I hate mirrors,” he muttered to himself. “Why the hell do I keep them in the first place, anyway? Oh, right… I need to look good for the world out there.”
 
After making himself a light breakfast, Shuichi flopped down onto his comfy sofa in the living room; reading the newspaper. Of course, he was flipping through the entertainment section. There were articles on Bad Luck that he found amusing. Only a few months and they were comparing them to Nittle Grasper already. Maybe he really had a chance to beat Nittle Grasper's record. There was a large picture of him on the left side of the page. On the other side was a picture of Nittle Grasper's vocalist, Sakuma Ryuichi, of the equal size. Shuichi smirked. “Of course, they're comparing my physical appearance to the physical appearance of the legendary Sakuma Ryuichi. What's the big deal, anyway? It's not like we're the same person.” He flipped to another page and stopped. There was a picture of Eiri and the cover of his novel, “Indispensable”. Apparently, it was the first part of the reviews on Eiri's book. Shuichi sighed.
 
“Uesugi Eiri…You're one of those who are blinded by the artificial sweetness of life. You're helping thousands of hopeless beings to drown in empty dreams; the nonexistent gain that is romance,” he spoke softly, tracing the picture of the blonde man with his fingers. “There is no such thing as Fate or Destiny, Uesugi. True love never existed and never will exist.” Again, he sighed. Deep within his tired heart, somehow, he could hear a voice denying what he had just said. Whose voice it was, he did not have a clue. He remembered reading the summary of `Indispensable'. It was about a young girl of a wealthy family who fell hopelessly in love with a poor guy. It was a story of how the guy managed to become successful, hoping to marry the girl and to live happily ever after together only to realize he had caught a serious illness. Both the hero and heroine died in the end; typical Uesugi Eiri `trademark'. Many thought the story was great and touching but to Shuichi, it was rubbish. Lovey-dovey romance was just not for him.
 
Folding the newspaper and throwing it aside, he took out a small notebook from under the sofa. It was opened to a page where one of Bad Luck's new song lyrics was half finished. It was one hell of a difficult song to write. Shuichi had named it `Possessed'. He had only done the first verse and the chorus:
 
The voice of the night fierce in my ears.
There I sit, accompanied by dried tears.
Reaching out to nothing at all,
They all know someday I would fall.
Never should have I reached for you
Just to have my heart broken in two.
Shame to you and shame to me.
Oh world, just leave me be!
 
Possessed by you,
That's what you do.
Why is it easy to believe
but so hard to forgive?
Stop haunting me, no more!
Why did I believe in you before?
You hypnotized me, yes you did,
Tricked and fooled me, that's what you did.
No more now, go away!
I don't want to be possessed by you, hey!
 
Nakano Hiroshi aka Hiro and Fujisaki Suguru, his fellow band mates always said they liked his lyrics, depressing or not. Sakano and Tohma said he was great too. He didn't know if they were being honest or not but nevertheless, Shuichi loved his songs. Hiro and Suguru were awesome. When Tohma first introduced his cousin Suguru to Shuichi and Hiro, they were quite doubtful. Day after day, Shuichi saw there was a lot of talent in the 16-year-old boy and started to treat him warmer. So did Hiro.
 
DU! DU!
 
DU! DU!
 
The phone suddenly rang, pulling Shuichi back from his monotonous reverie. “Remind me to get caller ID next time I go out.” He lazily picked up the ringing phone. “Moshi, moshi. Shindou Shuichi speaking.”
 
“Shuichi? It's me!” came the happy reply.
 
Shuichi froze. “…Ryuichi.”
 
###########################
 
VROOOM!!!
 
Shuichi's Harley zoomed down the road with a roar. He couldn't care less about the fact that it was raining like cat and dog. His main priority was to get to the airport, FAST. Suddenly, an unexpected figure jumped in front of his speeding bike out of nowhere. Shuichi had never been more shocked as he pulled both brakes and stopped the bike with a screeching halt. Abandoning his bike, he threw his helmet off and glared at the suicidal figure. “What in the name of seventh hell are you doing?! Do you wish to fucking die, you idiot?!!” Shuichi angrily yelled. His tirade suddenly turned into ashes as he looked at the drenched figure.
 
Blonde hair…
 
Golden eyes…
 
He growled. “Uesugi Eiri!”
 
For some reason, Eiri was smirking. “Found you at last, Shindou Shuichi.” Shuichi rolled his eyes in exasperation. “Let me guess. You want to give me a piece of your mind about what I said last night, right? Piss off, man. I don't have time for your mindless chatter,” the younger man huffed. Eiri shrugged. “Aww, c'mon! It's not like you have to go to work, anyway.” Shuichi raised an eyebrow at that. He glanced sideways and cursed under his breath, “Damn Tohma!” Everyone knew Seguchi Tohma was Uesugi Eiri's brother-in-law. He'd be damned if Eiri decided to brainwash Tohma against him or Bad Luck. It seemed the person waiting for him at the airport needed to go with someone else. Groaning, Shuichi tossed the spare helmet to Eiri. “Get on,” he simply stated. It didn't sound like a request at all. Eiri knew it was a command, but a command he gladly obeyed.
 
Shuichi could feel his cheeks heating up as Eiri held on to him as they roared down the road towards Shuichi's apartment. As they got there, Shuichi took out his cell phone and typed a few messages before sending it to a familiar number. He motioned for Eiri to get into the house and went in search for extra towels and dry clothing. He threw them over the writer's head and gave him a glare that said go-clean-up-and-put-on-something-dry as he pointed to the bathroom. Eiri shrugged and did as he was told. Shuichi slammed the door to his bedroom and quickly changed into dry clothes before proceeding to the kitchen to prepare two cups of hot chocolate. As he did, he wondered why was doing what he was doing.
 
………………………&# 8230;…….
 
At Narita Airport, a chestnut-haired man pouted as he read the message on his cell phone. The message said:
 
Something idiotic yet inevitable occurred. Aid yourself here.
 
“Mou… Hidoi na, Shuichi!! You should at least respect your elders~” The man pouted some more and hugged a pink, stuff bunny to his chest. “It's okay though, Kumagorou. We can get there on our own just fine. K will help me get there, won't you K?” The man bounced excitedly, looking into the eyes of the tall, blonde man standing behind him.
 
“Sure thing, Ryuichi.”
 
###########################
 
Eiri flopped down beside Shuichi on the sofa, taking the offered mug gratefully. “Nice drink you made,” he commented. The latter snorted. “If I didn't know better, I'd say you're actually happy to see me.” Eiri smiled and sipped his drink. `Actually, yes, I'm very happy to see you but there's no bloody way I'm telling you that. At least not yet, anyway.' “So, Uesugi-san - ( - “It's Eiri!” Eiri interrupted-) Er, my apologies. So, Eiri-san, what is it that you want to tell me? I figure we should start talking before either of us starts sneezing and spreading germs all over my apartment.”
 
“Not funny, Shuichi-kun (-Shuichi raised an eyebrow at the oh-so-informal honorific -). Anyway, I want to know why you said my works are downright foolish.”
 
“Figured~ First of all, what do you think about `love', Eiri-san?”
 
“I don't know where you're getting at. But well, love is a deep and intense affection residing in the heart of mankind. As long as mankind exists, there will be love. It is an emotion that drives a person to reach for what he desires; to excel. Love is a sacred feeling, laced with faith, trust and sometimes, with a tiny portion of sorrow. It is a necessity for us human beings.”
 
Shuichi felt a strong urge to vomit at Eiri's words. Yet somewhere inside him, something warm threatened to burst and make itself known but he ignored it. “That's deep, Eiri-san. But listen, love is nothing sacred especially if it is for someone other than your family members. Faith and trust do not come with love. They must be gained from respect and I must say they are sometimes easily violated. Your works, however sweet and flowery they are, only encourage the readers to drown in a world of pointless dreams; possessed by sweet nonsense. There are no such things as `love at first sight' or `true love' like your stories claim there to be. There is no love; there is only a strong feeling to possess and be possessed.
 
“You see, we both believe in something different. The sweet nothings pictured in your works are cliché and downright foolish. I don't need to read the whole story to know that. The summary is enough to irk me.”
 
Eiri clenched his fists in disbelief. He noticed the fiery loathing in Shuichi's eyes as he spoke of love. `How could he think that? Something must have happened to him in the past. Maybe I'll ask Tohma later.' “You're wrong, Shuichi,” Eiri stated as a matter of fact. The honorific was forgotten. “Love is a sacred feeling and I believe in true love and love at first sight. You want to know why?” Before Shuichi could say anything, he found himself trapped under the older man's body. He was too shocked to struggle. Eiri's gaze softened as he continued his words, “I believe in them because I know I've fallen in love at the first sight with you when I first saw you standing there last night.” With that, he gracefully crushed his lips to the surprised Shuichi, closing the remaining gap between the two of them.
 
It was this scene that greeted Sakuma Ryuichi and Crawd Winchester as they opened the door to Shuichi's apartment.
 
To Be Continued in Track 2: Blurred Shadow
 
 
 
A moment of craziness with Angel:
 
- Okay, first chapter done! I'd like to clear a few things off with the lot of you ^_^ * First of all, Yuki calls Tohma `Tohma-nii' because Tohma is technically his elder brother and I'd like to create a loving-family environment here. So, YukixTohma fans can head somewhere else now XD
 
- Secondly, NOTHING romantic will ever transpire between Shu-chan and Ryu-chan. Why? Will be explained in the next chapter~
 
Thank you for reading! Don't forget to review ;)