Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ And If The Sun Won't Shine... ❯ Blurred Shadow ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: And If The Sun Won't Shine…
Author: Angel (angel @ predilection. o r g)
Website: w w w. predilection . o r g or w w w . darkest-light . n e t
Disclaimer: I wouldn't be writing this fanfic if Gravitation's mine, would I? Last time I checked, it certainly doesn't say `Maki Murakami' on my birth certificate… So, there :P The song Possessed is mine, though.
A/N: Second chapter, yay! Forgive my grammar if it's bad. Note that English is not my mother tongue. R&R, please :) Sorry if this chapter is short~ It's only half of track two, btw. Anyway, check out my other Gravi fic, “Snow in July”.
 
 
TRACK 2.1: BLURRED SHADOW
 
Nakano Hiroshi woke up to the massive banging on his door. Cursing whoever it was that dared to disturb his peaceful slumber, he hastily opened the door and glared at the person standing there. “What is it, Suguru? I'm trying to have a nice sleep here.” The younger boy rolled his eyes and pushed Hiro aside to get in. “It's noon, you sleepyhead. I'm here to talk about our band, the new beat to be precise.” Hiro raised an eyebrow. “You mean for `Possessed'? Shouldn't we talk about that with Shuichi and Sakano-san around?”
 
“Would you please stop asking questions before I have the chance to talk? You're one of the closest people to Shindou-san aside from Tohma. Does he play the guitar?”
 
Hiro thought for a little while, lost in memories of the past…
 
Fifteen-year-old Hiro was heading back home when a beautiful yet depressing melody reached his ears. Someone was obviously playing a guitar and…Was he singing as well? He followed the source of the sound. Hearing it getting louder and louder with each step, he knew he was heading in the right direction. In the small park, a young boy sat on one of the benches, playing the guitar with expert hands and singing to the melody with sweet, mellow voice. He looked like he was thirteen judging from his height and his small frame. Hiro felt as if the pull of gravity had gotten stronger, for he couldn't walk; he couldn't raise his legs to walk. The cool, evening breeze caressed the boy's pink hair, making it swayed to the melody. Suddenly, the boy stopped. Large, violet eyes opened and looked in the direction of Hiro. For a moment, Hiro wondered if the boy was human; his eyes were so cold that he felt the hair behind his neck standing up. “Umm, hi…” was all he managed to say under the smaller boy's cold gaze. “That was great,” said Hiro again.
 
The boy blinked once and shrugged. “Thank you.” He proceeded to put the guitar back into its case. `He was going away!' An alarm sounded in Hiro's mind. He had never found someone who played the guitar such wonderfully. “I kind of love playing the guitar as well. It's nice to find someone with the same interest. Do you live around? Maybe we can be friends, ne?” The boy closed the case and turned to look at him. “…What's your favourite band?” He asked. Hiro did not think twice before blurting out “Nittle Grasper!”. The boy's emotionless expression broke into a small smile although his eyes was still as cold. He held out his right hand.
 
“I'm Shuichi, Shindou Shuichi.”
 
Hiro gladly took the offered hand to shake it. “I'm Nakano Hiroshi. You can call me Hiro.”
 
…..
 
…..
 
…..
 
“Believe it or not, Suguru, Shuchi plays better than I do.” Hiro was indeed surprised when he learned that Shuichi was just as old as he was. He had mistaken the latter to be younger judging by his physical appearance. Then again, Sakuma Ryuichi looked 20 instead of 31. Heh!
 
Suguru brightened up almost immediately. “Really? That's good! Do you think you can persuade him to play the guitar as he sings? My keyboard alone is not enough to back you up, Nakano-san. I want `Possessed' and a few other songs to be perfect.”
 
“I don't know. But hey, what does it hurt? It's worth a try!”
 
And so Suguru and Hiro started to laugh like a maniac, imagining Bad Luck amidst the excited, screaming fans in their next concert.
 
………………………&# 8230;…….
 
K and Ryuichi blinked a couple of times at the scene. If possible, Shuichi's already wide eyes widened even more as he sensed their presence. Eiri jumped back just in time to avoid being on the receiving end of Shuichi's enraged kick. “GET OUT!!” He bellowed despite the furious blush on his face. Smirking evilly, Eiri gathered his wet clothing before bowing down to greet K and Ryuichi and bounced out of the apartment, happily. Shuichi stood up to look at the stunned Ryuichi and K, his face was still red with anger and embarrassment. “Ryuichi…K-san…Hi,” he stuttered. `Damn!' Shuichi thought. `Shindou Shuichi never stutters!' Ryuichi blinked some more while K burst out laughing. “Well, that was interesting!” The statement earned him a death glare from the cold singer. Ryuichi recovered from his stupor and proceeded to glomp Shuichi senseless. “SHUICHI! It's been a while, na no da! Ryuichi misses Shuichi so much, na no da!”
 
“Gah! Let go of me!”
 
K shrugged at their antics. “I'll leave you two here. I need to see Tohma at NG. See you tomorrow, guys!”

“Bye, K!” Ryuichi shouted over his shoulder. As soon as the door closed behind K, Ryuichi let go of Shuichi. His childlike expression grew serious. “So, care to tell me something you know I want to know?”
 
Shuichi stared at the famous singer, saying nothing. Then, he stood up and walked to the window to see the pounding rain. “I don't know what you want to know.”
 
Ryuichi rolled his eyes. “Don't play dumb with me, Sa- - -”
 
“MY NAME IS SHINDOU SHUICHI!!”
 
Ryuichi was taken aback by the force in Shuichi's voice. He could se the young boy shaking from where he stood. His fists were tightly clenched by his sides. As the trembling subsided, Ryuichi approached him with caution, putting a hand on his shoulder. “You're hiding from the reality, Shu. Even if you change your name, you're still who you were born to be.” Shuichi covered his face with his trembling hands. “You don't understand, Ryuichi. I don't want to be the old me. He's too fragile, too stupid, too trusting, too…too weak to protect his loved ones! I don't want to be him!!” Images of crying woman and dead bodies flashed in his mind.
 
“Shu…” When the ever-cold Shuichi started to cry, Ryuichi held him in his arms. Shuichi felt so helpless. In front of everyone else, he was the cold-hearted bastard. Yet, in front of Tohma and Ryuichi, he was a wreck. He'd known the two of them since forever; since before Nittle Grasper was formed. The media was going to have a field day if this little fact were to leak out. When Shuichi's tears stopped, the joyful glint returned to Ryuichi's eyes. “So, what was Tohma's brother-in-law doing in your apartment? Do K and I have to apologise for ruining your…session?”
 
“RYUICHI!”
 
………………………&# 8230;…….
 
Eiri practically skipped all the way up to his apartment. `Holly God… I've never felt this good before. His lip was just so soft, so smooth...So moist. I just can't get enough. And his hair's bloody silky! I don't mind spending everyday hugging him close to me. Gosh, Eiri, you've got it BAD!'
 
“You've got what bad?”
 
The writer blinked in confusion. Had he said that last part out loud? The door to his apartment was opened. Leaning against the doorway was his younger brother, Uesugi Tatsuha. “Tatsuha?! What are you doing here?”
 
“Chill, aniki. Can't a guy visit his elder brother?”
 
“Cut that out, Tatsuha,” Eiri snapped playfully, pushing his brother aside to enter the house. “I know you're here for Sakuma Ryuichi.”
 
Tatsuha blinked…And blinked…And blinked. “Demo, aniki…Sakuma-sama is in the US. He's doing solo there, remember?” Eiri shrugged nonchalantly. “For all I know, I saw him standing in the doorway of Shindou Shuichi's house.” He went to the kitchen, unaware of what he had just said. Tatsuha's eyes were so wide by then. “Shindou Shuichi's house? Sakuma-sama is really here?? WOW! I can't believe it! And… Er...Wait, what were you doing at Shindou Shuichi's house? I thought you said rock music equals headache.” It was Eiri's turn to blink. `Shit! How careless could I get?!' He mentally berated himself and ignored Tatsuha's question. He hoped the teen would forget the question soon. “You know who he is?” He tried to distract his brother. “Only fool doesn't. Bad Luck's all over the media. Don't change the subject, aniki. What were you doing at his house?”
 
Silence --------------------------------------
 
“It's not good to keep others waiting, you know.”
 
“Er…I was… interviewing him..?”
 
“You're a writer, not a reporter. Kami-sama, aniki! You're really the biggest and worst liar I've ever had the misfortune to meet.”
 
Silence --------------------------------------
 
Whisper ------------------------------- “I think I've fallen in love with Shindou Shuichi.
 
Blink… Blink…
 
“HOLY SHIT! And here I thought you're as straight as a ruler. How did that happen, aniki?” Tatsuha asked excitedly. For a moment, he forgot about Ryuichi.
 
“Well, we kind of met by chance. He picked the book I dropped and insulted my works in general.”
 
“Wait, let me get this straight. You fell in love with him because he insulted you? Man, aniki… I never knew you're such a masochistic fool. What about Sakuma-san? You said he was there.”
 
“Ah, yes. Sakuma Ryuichi and the former Nittle Grasper manager opened the door when I was kissing Shuichi.”
 
“YOU KISSED THE ICE KING?? Forget I asked that. I'll deal with you about that later. You mean, Sakuma Ryuichi was really there?!” Eiri nodded. In a few seconds, Tatsuha ran towards the phone, happily screaming “Tohma-nii!!” at the top of his voice. `Poor Tohma-nii…' Thought Eiri with a sigh. His mind wandered back to Shuichi.
 
“Faith and trust do not come with love. They must be gained from respect and I must say they are sometimes easily violated. Your works, however sweet and flowery they are, only encourage the readers to drown in a world of pointless dreams; possessed by sweet nonsense. There are no such things as `love at first sight' or `true love' like your stories claim there to be. There is no love; there is only a strong feeling to possess and be possessed.”
 
There was so much hatred in Shuichi's voice as he said those words. Eiri could have sworn he saw the young singer's eyes shone dangerously with fury at that particular time.
 
“You see, we both believe in something different. The sweet nothings pictured in your works are cliché and downright foolish. I don't need to read the whole story to know that. The summary is enough to irk me.”
 
Shuichi was wrong. Whatever happened in the past must have caused him to think as such. Eiri swore to prove him wrong even if it would take forever for him to succeed. He'd make Shuichi love him.
 
…Because he'd fallen in love with the cold-blooded guy.
 
………………………&# 8230;…….
 
Ryuichi was overcome by fatigue and was dead asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. Shuichi couldn't help but smile slightly at the picture. Ryuichi looked like a teen instead of a 31-year-old guy. With him clutching his stuff bunny Kumagorou like that, it was hard to tell the difference between Ryuichi and a kid. The elder singer was the one who trained Shuichi when he first voiced his interest in music. At that time, they were in the US. Ryuichi had brought Shuichi along with him to the US before Shuichi decided to return to Japan. They kept in touch with each other, though. As Ryuichi and Tohma were good friends, he asked Tohma to look after Shuichi and Tohma did. He treated Shuichi like a little brother whenever they saw each other. Although the president could get too irritating and too strict at times, Shuichi knew Tohma only does things that would be beneficial to all.
 
Then Eiri's smiling face suddenly crossed his mind. He felt as though a gust of cold breeze had just swept him away. He couldn't get the writer's face out of his mind. He brought his cold fingers to his lips. The flavour of their previous kiss was still lingering there, albeit very lightly but Shuichi felt it. Anger rose within him. Throwing a pillow at the closed door of his bedroom,he buried his face in the pillow. Blurred shadows of the past started to dance at the back of his head at the sight of Eiri's smiling face - the shadows he never wanted to see again. Eiri brought back painful memories of his past - when everything was right, when his Shuichi's heart was always that of Summer.
 
Before he became Shindou Shuichi.
 
“I believe in them because I know I've fallen in love at the first sight with you when I first saw you standing there last night.”
 
Shuichi growled against the pillow. “Argh! What the fuck have you done to me, Uesugi Eiri??!!
 
To Be Continued in Track 2.2: Blurry