Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Beat ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Okies, thanx ya muchlies for the reviews guys, it's much appreciated. I bestow upon you, chapter two!
 
Don't forget to vote!
 
XOX
 
Her hair flicked around her face as she pounded away. Blowing a puff of air upward, Kagome whacked the snare once more before placing a hand on the symbol and stopping all noise. Ryuichi placed the Mic down and leapt over the drum kit.
 
“Kagome, that was wicked! I don't think we need to redo it, what did you think Nariko?” He yelled.
 
Nariko smiled. “It was nice Kagome, I'm glad you decided to do it for us.”
 
Bang!
 
The members of Nittle Grasper and Kagome jumped p into the air as the door came crashing open, K standing in its place. “Good job you guys. Kagome, Tohma wanted a word with you.”
 
The shell-shocked girl could only nod and follow. They walked to Tohma's office in surprising silence. Once they got there, Tohma ushered her in and instructed K to go back to supervising Bad Luck's recording session.
 
Tohma smiled warmly at Kagome while he spoke. “Kagome, I don't know if you'll agree to this, but hear me out okay?”
 
Kagome nodded. “Sure thing Tohma-kun, what is it?”
 
“I want you to go on tour with Nittle Grasper next month.” He said. “I know this is short notice, but it's been in the works for a while and they don't know about it yet. It's mainly to promote the new album and since you're working on it with them, I wanted you to go too. Bad Luck will be going too, but I haven't told them yet either. So, will you do it?”
 
Kagome looked at Tohma for a few moments, trying to process what he had just said. “Um…are you sure you want me to go? I mean, yeah, it would be fun with Uncle Ryu, but I have schoolwork and will Nittle Grasper even want me there too? I'm just a kid compared to them.”
 
“Kagome, you've played with us before. At twelve you were at your first concert and we all found you to be very professional about it. Come on, I'll be there too. I'm leaving NG in the hands of Mika so I can come back for this tour and as for schoolwork, I'm getting a tutor for Suguru so you can work with him. Please?” Tohma had a serious look on his face that was foreign there.
 
Kagome sighed. She'd grown up spending summers with her uncle and playing music with him. “Sure Tohma-kun, I'll do it. But, can I tell Uncle Ryu?”
 
Tohma's face spread into a wide grin. “Of course Kagome, I was going to tell him after I got the okay from you anyway. I really appreciate you doing this, Ryuichi was been trying to get this to happen again for the past couple of years.”
 
Kagome walked behind his desk and hugged him. “We'll make this a great tour Tohma, I promise.”
 
XOX
 
Kagome bounced into the cafeteria where she knew Ryuichi would be. She sat down beside a worse for the wear Suguru and beamed at her uncle. “Uncle Ryu, I need to talk to you after you eat please.”
 
Ryuichi nodded. “Good stuff I hope, you know I hate it when bad news comes from you Kagome na no da!”
 
“Kagome, how are you today?” Shuichi beamed at her once he returned to the table.
 
“Great thanks Shindou-san, how are you?” She replied.
 
“Happy as always! I heard that you're recording now, are you enjoying it?” He asked.
 
Kagome nodded enthusiastically. “It feels great to be back in a studio again, I missed it.”
 
Shuichi cocked his head to the side in confusion, before smiling again. “Oh right! You did an album with Nittle Grasper before didn't you! Actually, while I have you here…” He pulled his copy of the seventh album out of his picket. “Can you sign this please?”
 
Kagome giggled. “Sure Shindou-san, but only if you sign mine!” She replied, taking out a copy of Rage Beat that she was listening to on the train ride to the studio.
 
The two swapped CD cases and signed. Handing them back, Kagome turned to Hiro and Suguru. “Would you guys mind signing too?”
 
Hiro flashed her a grin and signed. “Anything you want Kagome.” He handed the case to Suguru.
 
Suguru removed a hand from his pounding head and signed. “There you go.”
 
Kagome laughed and took it back. “Awww, still in pain ne?”
 
“You have no idea.” Suguru replied and went back to cradling his head.
 
“What did happen last night?” Shuichi asked.
 
XOX Flashback XOX
 
Bodies were scattered throughout the club, but at a small table four people sat quietly talking.
 
“This is boring, I think we should have a little more fun.” Kagome sighed.
 
“What do you suggest Kagome?” Suguru said.
 
“I think we should have a little competition.” Kagome grinned evilly and pointed to Hiro and Suguru. “Between you two. You each take a bottle of Sake, and see who can drink it first.”
 
Hiro eyed up the competition and nodded. “Sure, I'll do it. What does the winner get?”
 
Kagome shrugged. “Whatever they want. You in Suguru?”
 
“Sure!” Truth be told, Suguru was just a little drunk as it was. Who knew a half a bottle of vodka could do that to a person? “You get the drink, and I'll win!”
 
Ryuichi smiled at his niece. “You know what you're doing right? I don't think Tohma would like it if we dropped of his cousin off, pissed.”
 
Kagome waved his concerns away. “Uncle Ryu, we can bring them both back to the hotel I'm at, no one will ever have to know.”
 
Ryuichi shook his head. “Great! I'll be back in a few with two bottles of sake.”
 
True to his word, Ryuichi returned a few moments later with two bottles of sake and two glassed. He placed on of each down in front of the guys and returned to his seat.
 
“You're going down Fujisaki.” Hiro said and grabbed the bottle.
 
Suguru snorted. “Tch, yeah right Nakano.”
 
XOX End XOX
 
“So that's why you were late this morning!” Shuichi laughed.
 
A few shots rang trough the air and stopped the laughter emitting from the table. K's voice sounded out. “Bad Luck I want you back in the studio in five minutes or you all get a shot to the head!”
 
The band scattered leaving Kagome and Ryuichi at the table.
 
“So what did you want to talk to me about darling?” Ryuichi asked.
 
Kagome smiled and tugged on his sleeve. “Tohma told me that Nittle Grasper is going on tour with Bad Luck next month and he wants me to go along with you guys!”
 
Ryuichi squealed and hugged her maniacally. “This is wonderful! Ooh, I can't wait to tell Akira, she'll be so proud of you!”
 
“Yeah, mum's gonna be happy! Oh, and I'm going to see Eiri in a few so, I might be back late. Do you still want me to stay with you Uncle Ryu, wont I be a bother?” Kagome explained.
 
Ryuichi shook his head and dropped his niece. “You're family Kagome, I want you to stay.”
 
“Thanks Uncle Ryu.” She smiled. “Hey, I'm gonna go k?”
 
“Have fun darling, when you get back, Kumagoro and me will be waiting!” Ryuichi waved her off.
 
XOX
 
Eiri Yuki growled in irritation. He had just gotten into a decent groove when his damned door began ringing. “Hang on damn it! I'm coming!”
 
He yanked the door open and growled at the visitor. “What!”
 
“Did I come at a bad time Eiri?” Kagome smiled.
 
“Oh.” Yuki felt bad for growling at her. “Sorry, I thought you was some of those damn fundraisers again. Come in.”
 
Kagome smiled and entered, leaving her shoes at the door. She walked up the few steps to the living room. “Still the minimalist I see. How have you been?”
 
Yuki sat down on the couch and motioned her to do the same. Lighting up a cigarette, he spoke. “Alright I guess. What are you doing in Tokyo?”
 
Kagome took the offered seat. “Recording with Uncle Ryu and NG. I haven't seen you in a while so I thought I'd stop by and see how you are. How are things with you and lover boy?”
 
“You mean the brat? Great actually, he's less bothersome than he used to be.” He took a pull on his cigarette before continuing. “How is your mother?”
 
She shrugged. “Old. I haven't seen Tatsuha in a while, is he still after Uncle Ryu?”
 
“Unfortunately.” He got up and walked to the kitchen. “Do you want a coffee?”
 
“I'd love one thank you. How is your writing going? Are you still doing it?” She called to him.
 
Yuki came back with two cups and set them on the table. “Yeah. I was working when you came by.”
 
“Sorry, do you want me to go?” Kagome asked.
 
“No. It's been a while since I've seen you, and you're one of the only people I can tolerate. What have you been doing? Are you still with that brat? What was his name…? Inuyasha?” He said.
 
Kagome took a sip of her coffee and placed it back down. “No, we broke up a while back. And he wasn't a brat, he just had some issues.”
 
Yuki snorted. “Sure, if you can call permanent PMS issues.”
 
Kagome glared at him. “Eiri, you know as well as I do that the stick up his ass wasn't half the size of the one up yours.”
 
“Whatever.” Yuki said. “Are you seeing anyone else?”
 
XOX
 
Shuichi came home that night and noticed an unfamiliar pair of shoes by the door. What puzzled him further was when he heard laughter. Yuki's, and that of a female. He stomped up the stairs and began yelling. “Yuki! Are you cheating on me?”
 
“Shindou-san?” Kagome looked shocked to see him there. “What are you doing here?”
 
Yuki sighed. “Hey brat, how was your day?”
 
Shuichi looked between the two with his left index finger mimicking the motion of his eyes. “Kagome! What are you doing here?”
 
“I'm visiting Eiri, you never told me what you are doing here.” Kagome replied.
 
“I live here!” Shuichi all but yelled.
 
Realization hit Kagome full force and she nodded. “Oh, so you're the `Shu' that Eiri is in love with! You're very lucky Shindou-san, Eiri is a nice guy.”
 
“How do you know Yuki?” Shuichi said.
 
“Tohma-kun introduced us when he and Mika began dating. I was one of the bridesmaids at their wedding.” Kagome explained. “We've been friends for a while. Eiri, I should get going, I told Uncle Ryu that I'd try not to be home too late. ” She got up and went to put her shoes on.
 
Yuki walked over to her and gave her a hug. “I'll call you tomorrow Kagome, we'll go for coffee or something.”
 
“That'd be nice. I'll be in the studio until about four, after that I'm free.” She replied. “Ja!”
 
XOX
 
Kagome walked down the near empty streets to her temporary home with Ryuichi. It was about seven at night and had just gotten dark so she didn't trust the subway. She shoved her hands into her hoody pocked and sped up a little. Car's past her at a high speed and she felt no need to worry about walking. That is, until a motorbike pulled up beside her.
 
Kagome swung her bag at the driver as he got off and yelled. “I swear to god, I don't have any money and I'll kick your ass if you touch me!”
 
The driver removed his helmet and grinned at her. “Hey, Kagome, it's only me.”
 
She lowered her bag and got a good look at her `attacker'. “Hiro? Jeez you scared me!”
 
“Sorry.” He said. “Do you need a ride? I have an extra helmet.”
 
“Sure, that would be nice.” Kagome shrugged. “Beats walking in the cold.”
 
Hiro tossed her the spare helmet and put his back on. “ Hold on tight. You're staying with Sakuma-san right?”
 
“Yeah, do you know the way?” Kagome asked as she climbed on behind Hiro. “Or do you need directions?”
 
“No, I think I'll be good. He lives near NG right?” He replied as he started his bike.
 
Kagome nodded into his back and they sped off into the night.
 
XOX
 
Well, I think this is a good place to end it. Please vote guys, cause I'm really at a loss as who to pair her with.
 
Much love always
 
Hope xxx