Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Beat ❯ Chapter 4

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
I got a review from one of my fave people and she pointed out to me that K is still married. So, in order for my fave blond head case to be in the running, I'm settling on separation! It seems cruel, but I'll try to make it as painless for you guys as possible.
 
Now, updates on who's winning the votes!
 
K x Kagome: 1 vote.
 
Hiro x Kagome: 1 vote.
 
Suguru x Kagome: I'm giving this pairing one more chapter before I take them out of the running.
 
As for Ryuichi, I've decided to leave that up to you guys. The first person to give me someone for him, (not K) will get that pairing.
 
On with the shit!
 
XOX
 
It was three am when Ryuichi's front door began to get pounded on. Kagome, knowing her uncle could sleep through the downfall of the economy, grabbed a baseball bat and padded to the door in the oversized tee that she wore to bed that night. She grasped the bat tightly in her left hand and had it on her shoulder. Kagome grabbed the door handle with her right hand and swung the door open, bat swinging in a threatening manor. She stopped rather quickly.
 
“K?” She said puzzled. “What the fuck are you doing here at thee in the morning?”
 
K staggered a little into the foyer and just smiled. “I came to see you.”
 
Kagome put a hand over her nose. “Have you been drinking?”
 
He nodded and grinned wider. “You see, I'm not married any more!”
 
Kagome sighed, shook her head and lead him to the kitchen by his hand. She made him sit at the table while she produced a glass of water and a couple of Tylenol. “Take these, then explain.”
 
K nodded and did as told. “Okay, I came home last night a little early to see a message on my answering machine. It was Judy. She called to tell me that the distance was killing us and that she fell in love with one of her cast mates, Devin-something-or-other. She came to the conclusion that she wanted a divorce and that I should call a good lawyer.” He put his head in his hands and began to sob quietly. “You were the only person who I could come to.”
 
“K, I don't know what to say.” Kagome patted his back reassuringly. “I haven't encountered this kind of problem before, I'm only seventeen.”
 
He moved and put his arms around her. “Please, just be here.”
 
“Of course.” She replied and held him to her.
 
XOX
 
Ryuichi didn't wake to the smell of pancakes that morning. Nor did he see his niece in the kitchen like every other day. He did however, find his old manager and friend curled around said niece on the couch. His protective reflexes went into over drive.
 
“Kagome, honey wake up.” He smiled while pushing on her shoulder gently. No need to scare her this early.
 
Kagome stirred a couple of times before snuggling further back into the warmth. “G'way mum, I'dnt wanna boat with the monkey.”
 
Ryuichi snickered a little before turning his attention back to the situation at hand. “Kagome, up.”
 
Her eyelids fluttered and she woke with a smile before screaming at the man pressed up against her back and locking with the accusing eyes of her uncle. “I…um… ask him!” She said before running for the shower.
 
K woke with a pounding headache, not helped by his early morning scream. He looked at Ryuichi. “What the hell was that?”
 
“That.” Ryuichi started. “Was the sound of my seventeen year old niece upon waking and finding herself in your arms. Care to explain?”
 
K rubbed his head and allowed the memories to come flooding back. “Judy called me last night demanding a divorce. I got smashed before coming here.”
 
Protective turned to worry. “Holy shit! Are you alright?”
 
“I will be. Eventually. I'm sorry for coming here but I didn't know where else to go Ryuichi. I was just so beat up about it, and…oh I don't know! What am I going to do?” K cried in frustration. “What did I do to deserve this?”
 
Ryuichi sighed. “I'm really sorry old friend, I don't know what to suggest. Ah, she didn't deserve you anyway!”
 
K just nodded and left for the bathroom. Ryuichi yelled out at him but was unheard. “Kagome's in the-“
 
CRASH!
 
“GET OUT! GET OUT YOU FUCKING PERVERT!”
 
“-Shower.” He finished and laughed his way to the kitchen to make a pot of tea. He set it on the table and waited for his friend to come back. K did so a few moments later, beet red.
 
“Why didn't you warn me she was in there?” He said as he sat down. “It could have saved me some pain to my already pounding head.”
 
Ryuichi offered a small grin. “I tried, but you didn't listen na no da!”
 
XOX
 
Kagome stepped out of the shower and into a pair of ancient black shorts that came to mid calf and a plain black tee. She grabbed her denim jacket to complete the look and went to the kitchen to make breakfast for the three occupants.
“Morning Uncle Ryu, K and Kuma-chan. How are you feeling this morning K?” She smiled, trying to cover up her earlier embarrassment.
 
K shrugged. “I'll live. It was inevitable that this was going to happen eventually, we're just too different. And it doesn't help that we live in different continents.”
 
Kagome pulled out a mixing bowl. “Do you want pancakes too K?”
 
Ryuichi walked over to her and gave her a hug. “We're going out for breakfast this morning Kagome, you can put the bowl away.”
 
“Oh, alright them.” She pulled on her jacket and smiled. “Where are we going?”
 
“Probably to Satoshi's. Where did you get the jacket?” Ryuichi asked.
 
She ran a hand over the faded sleeve. “This? It was a present from Inuyasha a few years back. He knew how much I loved it so he gave it to me.”
 
Ryuichi nodded. “How is Inuyasha?”
 
She simply shrugged. “Don't know, we broke up a few months ago.”
 
“Well then, let's go get breakfast!” Ryuichi smiled.
 
XOX
 
Kagome separated from her uncle and K at eleven thirty and headed to the NG building to meet Suguru. It was almost noon by the time she got there to fund him waiting. She smiled and walked over. “Hey!”
 
Suguru smiled back. “Ready to go?”
 
She nodded. “Sure where are we headed today?”
 
“I thought maybe you'd like to go to the mall or something.” He replied as they began to walk off.
 
They arrived at the mall and Kagome couldn't help but snicker at Suguru's get up. To top off the white shirt and black pants he was wearing, he had donned a pair of large black sunglasses and a cowboy hat. It got beyond snickering and turned into full-blown laughter when he pulled a trench coat out of his bag.
 
“What the…snicker…are you wearing?” Kagome laughed.
 
Suguru blushed and began to explain. “Shuichi said I should wear this at the mall in case of, and I quote, `the people that want my body', unquote. I seriously think I should have gone to Hiro because Shuichi had absolutely no fashion sense.”
 
Kagome gave him one last giggle and patted his arm. “Na, you look cute in that insane cowboy kinda way.”
 
“Cheers, I feel so much better.” He said sarcastically. “Come on, let's go shopping.”
 
XOX
 
It was about an hour into their date when Kagome's cell phone began to ring. She smiled at Suguru apologetically. “Excuse me a moment please.”
 
Suguru nodded and Kagome took a few steps behind him. “Hello?…Oh hey Ayumi, how are you?” She held the phone away from her ear as a girlish squeal came through the phone, one that even Suguru could hear. “Yes I know they are…can we speed this up, I'm on a date…does it really matter who with?…Ayumi that doesn't concern you…one second.” She turned to Suguru. “Can I ask you a favour?”
 
“Sure, whats the matter?” He replied.
 
She held the phone out. “Please, please make my friends life and say hi to her, she's obsessed with you and is the only one of my friends back home that knows about my insane family.”
 
Suguru chuckled and took the phone. “Hello is this Ayumi?…Yes this is Kagome's date…we're shopping at Tokyo mall at the moment…of course, it's Suguru Fujisaki…hello? Hello?” e handed the phone back. “I think she fainted.”
 
Kagome gave Suguru one of the infamous Sakuma Glomps and grinned. “Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. Come on, let's go get ice cream!”
 
So now Suguru found himself sitting in a small ice cream parlour in the mall, watching Kagome take small licks of her mocha ice cream while he tried to eat his vanilla without looking like a retard. Trying being the key word, the poor boy had it dripping on his fingers! The sound of laughter coming from Kagome made him look up.
 
She took out a napkin and handed it to him. “You have it everywhere Suguru. Take this and clean up.”
 
He took the napkin and cleaned the sticky mess off of his hands before throwing it in the trash. “We should go, I have to do some homework before work tomorrow.”
 
Kagome nodded and allowed Suguru to walk her home.
 
XOX
 
Ryuichi sighed as his frazzled brain tried to process the information that K had given him. He spoke slowly, trying to come to terms with it all. “So, you have been having weird dreams lately?”
 
K nodded.
 
“About Kagome, my seventeen year old niece?” Ryuichi said.
 
K winced but nodded anyway. “I don't know why Ryuichi, but I like it.”
 
Ryuichi nodded and walked over to K. he slung his arms around the now terrified man and squealed. “Congratulations my friend, you're in love!”
 
XOX
 
I really hope you liked that chappie, it took me a good few days to write it!
 
Much love always
 
Hope xxx