Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Beat ❯ Chapter 5

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Okies, the polls are as stands:
 
K x Kagome: 2 votes
 
Hiro x Kagome: 2 vote
 
Suguru x Kagome: 1 vote
 
Keep them votes a coming!
 
Thanx for all the reviews and support I've received for this story and I hope you keep on reviewing!
 
Disclaimer: If I owned Inuyasha or Gravitation, I could own Hiro. If I owned Hiro, he would be mine. If Hiro was mine, NONE OF YOU COULD HAVE HIM! Umm...moving on...
 
XOX
 
Ryuichi and Kagome were sitting in the living room covered in popcorn from the fight that had commenced three minutes prior while trying to watch an American horror movie. Kagome, having taken English lessons in school, understood it easily. She had a stick of almond pocky dangling from her lips and was huddled into Ryuichi, as he was her. As the chainsaw came swinging at the girl the doorbell rang and made them both scream.
 
“Put the movie on pause please, I'll be right back.” Kagome said as she hesitantly walked to the door. She opened it and poked her face out only. “Oh hey Hiro, what are you doing here?”
 
Hiro grinned sheepishly. “Actually I came to see you.”
 
Kagome nodded and opened the door fully, ushering him in as she walked back to the living room. She re-snuggled herself back up to her uncle and stuck another piece of pocky in her mouth. “Are you gonna sit down or not?”
 
Hiro nodded and sat down beside her. “ Hey Sakuma-san. What are you watching?”
 
Ryuichi gave a small nod. “Hiya Nakano-san, we're watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's a really scary movie so I have to cuddle Kagome because Kuma-chan would get nightmares na no da! Do you want to cuddle with us?”
 
“No thank you Sakuma-san, scary movies don't really effect me that badly. I'm usually the one holding Shuichi when he watches them.” Hiro laughed. “He hates them but always makes sure we watch them when we have a movie night.”
 
Ryuichi nodded and covered his eyes when a really scary part came on. Kagome buried her face in his chest and whimpered a little, while Hiro looked on indifferently.
 
XOX
 
It was one in the morning and the three were still up. Ryuichi yawned and turned to the now laughing teens. “I'm going to bed Kagome, I'll see you in the morning.” He sauntered off to the back of the apartment and closed the door of his room.
 
“Yeah, I should be heading Kagome, we have to work in the morning.” Hiro said.
 
Kagome shook her head. “Why don't we pull an all nighter? It's been years since I've done that.”
 
Hiro took a moment to contemplate this before answering. “Sure Kagome, we could do that. So what do you want to do first?”
 
Kagome tapped her finger on her chin before dashing from the room. She came back a moment later with a bottle of nail varnish remover, some cotton balls and some black nail varnish. She sat on the sofa next to Hiro and took his hand. “Okay, I'm only going to paint your forefingers and thumbs okay?”
 
Hiro nodded and gave her his left hand. He watched as she cleaned his nails with the remover and then painted on two layers of black. She brought his hand to her lips and began to blow gently. He smiled at her and she smiled back. Dropping his hand, Kagome picked up the other and repeated the process of clean, paint and blow. She did the same thing on herself with a loud exclamation. “Done! What do you want to do now?”
 
Hiro chuckled slightly. “Well, I came over on my bike so maybe you'd like to go for a ride. We could see what's open in town.”
 
“That would be nice. Let me go get dressed k?” Kagome replied and bounded off to her room.
 
She slipped out of her pj pants and into a pair of faded blue jeans. She put on her denim jacket and grabbed her army boots. She walked back to the living room, sat back down and began to lace up her boots. All this took only five minutes. She stood up and offered Hiro a hand. “Come on cutie!”
 
“Alright gorgeous, let me just get my boots on and we'll go.” Hiro replied.
 
Kagome nodded and leaned against the wall waiting. `Wow, he has such a cute butt.' Was the random thought running through her mind.
 
Hiro stood back up and slipped on his jacket. “Ready to go?”
 
Kagome nodded and the two walked from the apartment and in the direction of his bike.
 
XOX
 
Hiro found that riding with Kagome was better than riding by himself. He loved the feeling of her arms around him, her head on his back. He gave a content sigh and stopped at the traffic light and looked at the car beside him. There was a guy in it, no older than Kagome herself. He felt the girl stiffen behind him and hold tighter to his chest as she said a word almost inaudibly.
 
“Inuyasha.”
 
That name had bells ringing in Hiro's head but he was unable to place it. The driver of the car beside him looked over. His eyes widened and were focused on Hiro's passenger.
 
The guy rolled down his window. “Kagome? What are you doing here?”
 
Kagome pulled up her visor. “Hiro, could we pull over soon.”
 
Hiro nodded. “Of course Kagome.”
 
“Thanks.” Kagome leaned toward the open window. “Inuyasha, pull over once we get past this light.”
 
The light turned green and Hiro took off and pulled into the storefront parking area outside an all night gas station. He turned the bike off and they both dismounted.
 
Kagome took her helmet off and walked over to the now parking car. She pulled open the driver's door and hugged Inuyasha tightly. “How are you Inuyasha?”
 
“I'm doing good. What are you doing here?” Inuyasha replied. He turned off the engine and closed up the door.
 
Kagome nodded. “I do, but I'm spending some time with my uncle.” She then noticed the person whom she was pending the night with. “Oh, Inuyasha this is Hiroshi, Hiro this is Inuyasha.”
 
Hiro nodded. “Nice to meet you Inuyasha.”
 
“You too Hiro.” Inuyasha replied. “So how do you know Kagome?”
 
“My boss is her uncles friend.” Hiro said. “How do you know her?”
 
“We used to date.” Inuyasha smiled.
 
“So, Inuyasha, you never told me what you're doing here?” Kagome cocked her head to the side in a cute manner.
 
Inuyasha locked up his car and began to walk into the gas station. “Visiting with Fluffy. He wanted me to come down for a few weeks to get away from mum.”
 
Kagome and Hiro followed him into the store and began to look around. Kagome picked up several boxes of almond pocky and carried them to the counter. She picked up a copy of Kerrang magazine at the counter and placed that there too. “So, how is Rin doing?”
 
Inuyasha shrugged. “Being a pain as per usual.”
 
“Hey, we should probably get going Hiro. We still have some movies to watch and I would like to get some practice in before we go to work in the morning.” Kagome smiled as she paid for her stuff. “It was nice seeing you Inuyasha, maybe we could have lunch before you go home. Tell Sesshomaru and Rin I said hi!”
 
Hiro nodded at Inuyasha. “It was nice meeting you Inuyasha.”
 
“You too.” Inuyasha replied.
 
XOX Intermission XOX
 
Hooray! My boyfriend took me too the mall on Saturday and got me the full series of Gravitation! I now can get the characters more into, well, character than before! I love Ryuichi in that bunny suit, and what Yuki did almost made me cry. How could he leave Shuichi like that?
 
XOX Intermission End XOX
 
Kagome and Hiro were both half asleep as they sat in the recording room that morning. They had both managed to make it through the night uneventfully. Well, almost.
 
XOX Flashback XOX
 
Hiro was trying to teach Kagome how to play Risk. The keyword there being `trying'. “No, you roll the dice first, then move your army. It's not that hard!”
 
Kagome let out and inhuman growl. “If you don't shut up in the next two seconds I'm going to shove this Risk board up your nose!
 
XOX End XOX
 
Kagome was really getting into the swing on things that morning, and was pounding away on the drum kit like a woman possessed.
 
SNAP!
 
All music ceased and Kagome's head shot up. Her mouth formed an `o' as she looked in horror from Shuichi to her drumstick which was currently standing of its own accord out of the skin on her snare. She grinned sheepishly, pulled out the stick and flipped the drum over. “We can fix that later.” (a/n: Sorry Natalie, but I had to put that! My best friend and drummer for my high school band `Angels of the Underworld' did that at one of our practice sessions on the schools kit!)
 
Shuichi started laughing. Hard. “That made my day Kagome! Do it again!”
 
“Sorry Shuichi, that was a big accident. Lets just get back to practice!” She smiled.
 
Practice resumed until Sakano came in and told Kagome that she was needed at the front desk. She nodded and got up from behind her kit. “I'll be right back guys.”
 
Kagome walked down to the desk and smiled at the woman behind it. “Hey Kari, Sakano said you needed me?”
 
Kari smiled back and motioned to the two dozen pink roses sitting in a crystal vase slightly to Kagome's left. “These came for you a few moments ago. So, who's the lucky guy?”
 
Kagome shrugged and plucked the card from the flowers. She read it aloud for Kari to hear. “Kagome, since our meeting in the hall, I can't get you out of my head. Please call me. Taki Aizawa”
 
Kari smiled. “Nice, he's cute!” The phone rang and Kari looked at Kagome apologetically. “Sorry I have to get that.”
 
Kagome nodded, picked up the flowers and walked back to the recording studio, taking a sporadic sniff of them as she walked. She placed the flowers on the small table in the room and sat back down behind the drum kit.
 
Shuichi took one look at the flowers and began to swoon. “Ooh! Who got flowers?”
 
Kagome raised to fingers in the air and grinned. “Me! Hey Shuichi, who's Taki Aizawa?”
 
“Oh, he's the singer for the band ASK.” He answered.
 
“Oh, black hair droopy eyes?” She said.
 
Shuichi nodded with a cute look on his face. “That's the one! Why do you ask?”
 
Kagome shrugged. “He sent me the flowers.”
 
Outside the rec. room, K dropped his gun. And his jaw.
 
XOX
 
I hope you liked this chappie! It took me a few days to complete, but tonight (Sunday) I really got into the swing of things and just let my fingers fly. Yuki ain't got naink on my digits!
 
Much love always
 
Hope xxx