Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Beat ❯ Chapter 6

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Okies, some very important news for you lot…
 
THIS WILL BE THE MAST CHAPTER FOR VOTING! IF THE VOTE STANDS AT A TIE BY THE TIME I FINISH WRITING THE NEXT CHAPTER, I WILL CHOOSE THE PAIRING BASED ON WHATEVER TICKLES MY FANCY THAT DAY!!
 
I can't remember who it was that suggested that Kagome sing for them, but I found the perfect song and will be putting it in this chapter.
 
Dedicated to that Kurama'sFoxyMiko, the muse that is constantly helping things along through suggestions and support!
 
Random disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, Gravitation or the song `Teenagers' by My Chemical Romance. I do however own their new album `The Black Parade' on which the song is track 11.
 
English speech will be underlined, the song lyrics however, will not.
 
Well, that's all, enjoy the show!
 
XOX
 
Kagome and Ryuichi turned up for work the next day in some very interesting clothes. Ryuichi was sporting a pair of pink bunny ears, a sparkly red shirt, pink long shorts and a green tie. Kagome on the other hand was wearing black cat ears, a puffed out mesh, layered midnight blue skirt that stopped just before her knees, a pair of pink and white striped tights, black L'Arc~En~Ciel tour tee, her denim jacket, army boots and pink and blue sparkly butterfly wings. Both were wearing pairs of fingerless black leather gloves. All eyes looked at the pair in confusion.
 
“You look the Halloween bomb exploded.” K said.
 
“Says the man with more guns than common sense.” Kagome teased.
 
“KAGOME!” Came the yell of the emotional bundle that was Shuichi as he spotted his favourite glomping target.
 
Kagome braced herself and intercepted him with a cry of “SHUICHI!”
 
“Kagome! Life is wonderful and I have a question for you?” Shuichi said as he picked himself off of the girl.
 
Kagome got up and dusted off her skirt. “Shoot.”
 
Shuichi pressed his forefingers together and stared at his feet. “Can you sing for me?”
 
That question threw everybody off. Kagome, first to recover, tilted her head so the side in a questioning manner. “Why?”
 
“Well, cause…” Shuichi broke down into tears. “I want to see if you can so t-that if I need a girls voice while we're on tour for a song, I w-wont have to ask Noriko cause she scares me!”
 
Kagome giggled softly. “Sure Shuichi, I'll sing for you. Noriko scares me too sometimes. What do you want me to sing?”
 
Shuichi lit up like a kid at Christmas. “Anything you want!”
 
“Okay, I know a song by a really great American band called My Chemical Romance but it's sung in English, would that be okay?” She replied. Sometimes it helped to be bilingual.
 
Shuichi nodded enthusiastically as he pushed her up to the Mic in the recording booth that they practiced in. “Just sing for me acapella, then if you have the song at home or something, we can listen to it later.
 
Kagome nodded and closed her eyes. “Please no one look at me, I hate it when people stare at me when I do stuff.”
 
Everyone averted their eyes as she opened her mouth…
 
They're gonna clean up your looks with all the lies in the book to make a citizen of you.
 
Because they sleep with a gun and keep an eye on you son so they can watch all the things that you do.
 
Because the drugs never work they're gonna give you a smirk cause they've got methods to keep you clean.
 
They're gonna rip up your heads, your aspiration to shreds another cog in the murder machine.”
 
Kagome grinned, her eyes still closed as she got to the chorus. Her fingers drummed out the beat on the microphone. The sign of a true percussionist.
 
“They all said, Teenagers scare the living shit out of me.
 
They could care less so long as someone'll bleed.
 
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose, maybe they'll leave you alone but not me.
 
The boys and the girls in the clique, the awful names that they stick you're never gonna fit in much kid.
 
But if you're troubled and hurt, what you've got under your shirt will make them pay for the things that they did.”
 
Kagome was now bobbing her head and dancing a little in the confined space.
 
“They all said, Teenagers scare the living shit out of me.
 
They could care less so long as someone'll bleed.
 
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose, maybe they'll leave you alone but not me.
 
All together now, Teenagers scare the living shit out of me.
 
They could care less so long as someone'll bleed.
 
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose, maybe they'll leave you alone but not me.
 
Teenagers scare the living shit out of me.
 
They could care less so long as someone'll bleed.
 
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose, maybe they'll leave you alone but not me.”
 
Kagome stopped singing and opened her eyes with a loud chuckle. She shook her head and walked out to where Bad Luck was standing. “So, did you like the song?”
 
Hiro, Suguru and K took a second to stare at her like she was insane before laughing and nodding their heads.
 
Shuichi just looked confused. “I didn't understand it. Would you translate it for me later?”
 
“Of course I will! You wanted to hear the song anyway didn't you, music and all?” Kagome said.
 
Shuichi nodded. “You were great by the way. Now I won't have to ask scary Noriko!”
 
“Kagome may I have a word with you please?” K asked. Yes, he asked, not demanded with a gun to the head.
 
Kagome nodded and the two walked into the hall. “What's wrong?”
 
“English please, the walls have ears.” K said.
 
Kagome's mouth made an `o' and she reverted to her second tongue. “What did you want to see me about?”
 
“I wanted to invite you to the fair this weekend. The band has some time off because the tour starts in a fortnight and we all need our rest, so I thought maybe you'd want to go out with me.” He explained.
 
Had this been five years ago when Kagome had crushed on the maniac hardcore, she would have jumped at the chance. But, age had matured her, so she had to think about it. Tch, yeah right! “Oh I would love to! I haven't been to the fair in ages! When and what time?”
 
K was not an easy man to surprise. This however, threw him so far off he could hear dingoes in the close distance. “Why don't we say ten Saturday morning? We can make a day of it.”
 
Kagome gave him a small hug and a smile. “I have to get back to the studio, I think I belong to Tohma this afternoon. He wanted to go over some stuff with me before my dinner with Taki tonight. Bye K!”
 
“Wait, Taki. As in, Taki Aizawa, singer for ASK? Where is he taking you?” He asked.
 
Kagome stopped and turned around. “Somewhere called `Nozomi'. We arranged it last night, we have reservations for eight, why?”
 
“Just wondering. Have fun Kagome!” K shouted as she left.
 
`Desire huh? We'll se about that.' K thought with a menacing smile as he walked back to where his band was practicing.
 
XOX
 
“Remind me again why we're doing this?” Hiro asked the man to his left.
 
“Do you want Taki to get to her? You know what he's like and what he's done. Would you put it past him to do it to her too? Besides, Kagome's too good for him.” He replied.
 
Hiro sighed. “No I wouldn't. But, Kagome should date whom she wants to. Or is it that you like her K?”
 
K lowered his sunglasses enough to glare at Hiro. “Of course I do, she's my best friends niece.”
 
Hiro smiled. “So she got to you too huh? I think even Suguru likes her, and I thought the kid was gay for sure. I will admit though, she is a beauty.”
 
“Yeah she is. I heard that you took her out to dinner. Ryuichi said that she was walking around with a smile of her face for a day after. She told him that she'd never had that much fun.” K said.
 
Hiro smirked. Had he really had the same affect on her that she had on him? “Oh, here they come. Do you have the bug set up?”
 
K scoffed. “What do you take me for, an amateur?”
 
“Sorry, I just hate that guy with a passion and I don't want to see him get his unworthy hands on Kagome.” Hiro replied. “Now, pass me those headphones please.”
 
XOX
 
Taki pulled out Kagome's seat for her. He smiled at her as she thanked him and sat down himself. “So Kagome, tell me about yourself.”
 
“What would you like to know?” She replied.
 
“Just random stuff, you know, what you like to do, your favorite things, music you like. Stuff like that.” He said.
 
Kagome grinned. Maybe, just maybe, this dinner would go well. “Well, I like to play soccer with my brother, play music with my uncle and go shopping with my friends. I live with my mum and brother Sota at a shrine in Kyoto; we're actually quite close to the Uesugi shrine. I love going out with Tatsuha on his bike; he's so much fun! I actually like a wide variety of music, but my favourite bands would probably be L'Arc~En~Ciel, Orange Range, Do As Infinity, Bad Luck, and I like a few American bands. What about you?”
 
“Don't you like your uncles band?” Taki asked.
 
“Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I've played with them so much that Tohma and Noriko told me that they consider me a member anyway, so saying that one of my favourite bands is the one that I play in would make me big headed and I'm not.” Kagome explained.
 
Taki nodded. “Well, I like to play music, meeting fans and I'm actually pretty good at Risk.”
 
Kagome scowled. “God I hate that game.”
 
“Why? It's very strategic, makes you think.” He said.
 
“Yeah I know, but Hiro tried to teach me how to play it about a week ago and I got so frustrated that I threatened to impale him on it.” Kagome smiled.
 
“Do you hag out with Hiro often?” Taki asked, placing a drink order with the waitress.
 
Kagome nodded as she placed hers. “Oh yeah, me and Hiro are always doing things together. We usually stay at my place or his watching movies together. When we're at mine then we always end up watching the scary ones cause Uncle Ryu loves them but cant watch them alone. I've lost count how many times Hiro's had to deal with a Sakuma on either side! He's always good about it tho.”
 
Taki raised an eyebrow. “Should I be jealous?”
 
Kagome blushed and shook her head. “He's too good for me. I'd love someone like Hiro. Or K for that matter.”
 
“Why?” He asked.
 
Kagome giggled as her reasoning came to her. “It has to be the hair! Hiro's got gorgeous hair and he's such a lovely guy! I mean, he's smart funny and he's got that `just got out of bed' look about him, he's so sexy! K's a great guy too, he's so devoted to everything he does and I love the way his hair sways in the wind.”
 
“That guy is insane.” Taki chuckled.
 
“Yeah, but I've been around him so long, I don't notice any more. He absolutely terrified me when I first performed with NG. I can remember him saying `don't worry, you'll do great' right before I puked on his shoes. I think it was that maniacal aura he gave off. He had a machine gun over his shoulder and was in full army gear, I was so scared.” Kagome smiled.
 
“How old was you when you first performed?” He asked.
 
Kagome took a sip of her coke. “Twelve. But I've been playing since I was a kid.”
 
“That amazing! I take it that musical genius is a Sakuma family trait?” He said.
 
She shook her head. “Oh no, I was adopted into the Sakuma family by his stepsister. We're not related by blood at all, my brother is closer to him than me, he's his stepmother's real grandson. Uncle Ryu and my mum have always been close though, but him and myself are closer. He's always been more like my dad than my uncle and I love him to death. How about you, any family?”
 
“Yeah, I have a little brother named Ichigo, he lives with my dad. We were never very close. My mum and I don't get along either. So, how are you liking it at NG?” Taki said.
 
“It feels great to be back in the studio. Spent last summer there working as Tohma's secretary for a few weeks. He's such a blast! I love working with Bad Luck too, Shuichi's such a great guy.” She grinned.
 
“You do know he's gay right?” Taki asked.
 
“Oh yeah! I knew of him long before I knew who he was. Eiri is so devoted to him, I'm happy he's found someone to love.” Kagome sighed wistfully.
 
“As in Eiri Yuki? You know him on a personal level?” Taki sounded surprised.
 
Kagome nodded. Dinner was coming to a close and the conversation had yet to stop flowing. “I've been friends with Eiri for a good few years now, I was a bridesmaid at his sisters wedding. Well, I had a really nice time Taki, but I should probably get home. Uncle Ryu said that I had to be home by ten so we can call Hiro and watch movies.” She placed some money on the table. “It's nice to finally meet a guy that I can talk to without him wanting anything in return, with the acceptation of Shuichi of course. You're going to make someone very happy boyfriend one day. Ja!”
 
XOX
 
Well, let me know what you guys thought, kay?
 
Much love always
 
Hope xxx