Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Beat ❯ Chapter 7

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
The long awaited date between K and Kagome is here! Onto better news…
 
WE HAVE A WINNER! THE FINAL PAIRING WILL BE HIRO X KAGOME!
 
I am giving you a small amount of mystery in this chappie, but you won't find out what it is until much later in the story!
 
ATTENTION JANE504: I love the ideas you have sent me and I plan on using a lot of them! If you come up with any more, my email is on my profile pane! I will give you full credit for any ideas you send me so cheers!
 
On with the show!
 
XOX
 
Ryuichi walked into Tohma's office with a serious face on. He stepped up to his friend's desk and threw down a CD case before placing his gave on the platinum haired man. “This is the one Tohma, her favourite one is track 6. Make it work for me Tohma, I'm trusting you to make my baby girls life.”
 
Tohma nodded and smiled. “Everything is already in motion. I only need conformation from America and then will you tell her?”
 
Ryuichi shook his head and shoved Kumagoro in his friend's face. “Kuma-chan said that we need to surprise her with it! No one knows, only you, me and Kumagoro and he keeps the best secrets!”
 
“Very well Ryuichi, I will not breathe a word to anyone.” Tohma said.
 
Ryuichi nodded and swiftly left the office and NG.
 
XOX
 
K sat in the van that was usually reserved for Bad Luck and smiled across at the female sitting in the passenger's seat. She was wearing a simple tee, black zip up hoody and jeans but somehow came across as breathtaking to the love stuck manager. It was Saturday and Kagome was singing along to the American band that blared through the stereo system, mimicking the beat of the drums with her hands. K smiled at her, she smiled back. “Do you like this band Kagome?”
 
Kagome nodded enthusiastically, yet her voice never strayed from the music that was playing. “No you just can't keep up with these fashionistas. Tonight you are the whispering campaign.”
 
K chuckled. “You know, they're really big back home. I think that Seguchi-san has some connections with their recording label, Fueled by Ramen, and could probably get you a couple of autographs if you ask nicely.”
 
Kagome turned to him with sparkling eyes he had come to associate with Ryuichi. “Are you serious K? That would make my life!”
 
“Yes, and once our date is over, I'll speak with Seguchi-san and ask for you.” He responded.
 
“No thanks K, I'll ask. Tohma-kun always said he would do anything for me, this would be me asking him a favour not you.” She said. Kagome turned her attention to the Ferris wheel that she could see on the horizon and began to bounce in her seat. “We're almost there! I can see it, K!”
 
“Yes, just a few more moments Kagome. What do you want to do first?” He replied.
 
(A/N: Its been donkeys years since I've been to a proper theme park let alone a fair, so please bear with me!)
 
“Ooh, I want to go on the biggest rollercoaster there! Then we can go on the Ferris wheel and then the bumper cars and then we can get ice cream and then…um…I dunno but we'll do something!” Kagome said excitedly.
 
“Are you excited about the tour?” K said as he pulled into the make shift parking lot. “We only have two weeks to go now.”
 
She sighed. “Yeah I am, but I'm still a little scared about it. I know that all my friends back in Kyoto are going to be there and none of them know that I'm related to the Great Ryuichi Sakuma. Well, only Ayumi and Tatsuha know, but I'm terrified about being on stage with them all there.”
 
“Why are you scared? If they're really your friends wont they be happy for you?” he asked.
 
Kagome looked up at him with sad eyes. “Because once it gets out that we're related, people will look at me differently. I wont be Kagome anymore, I'll be `Sakuma-san's niece'. Why do you think Tatsuha doesn't go to school with me any more? Once it got out that he was Eiri-kun's brother, people started harassing him for stuff. It got so bad that Uesugi-san took him out and started to train him as a monk. I know that if that happens, Uncle Ryu will have me come to live with him on a permanent basis. Don't get me wrong, I love being here with him, but I'll miss my mum and brother.”
 
K nodded. “I understand how you feel. That's one of the biggest problems I'm having with Judy over custody with Michael. She wants him to come here and live with me, but he doesn't want to leave. Anyway, lets forget about our worries and have a nice day together!”
 
Kagome grinned and took his hand, running toward the rollercoaster. She paid for two tickets and dragged K onto the ride, snagging the front carriage for the duo. She giggled out of nervousness and excitement. “Scared?”
 
K nodded. “Terrified. I love these deathtraps!”
 
The ride started and made its decent to the first almost vertical drop.
 
XOX
 
Kagome was laughing hard. All of it was at K's expense. The poor guy was currently leaning headfirst into a garbage can, retching and heaving. She shook her head and walked over to him, making a brief stop at a concessions stand to get him a bottle of water. Handing the water to him, she grinned. “And here I thought that the tough Yankee could handle anything.”
 
K pointed a finger at her. “Not another word.” He removed the cap of the bottle and swallowed half of it in one go. “It was unexpected that's all.”
 
“You went on a rollercoaster and expected not to be dropped from fifty feet in the air on an almost vertical drop? That's like going to the beach and not expecting to see any water.” Kagome laughed.
 
K looked to her with a green tinge to his cheeks. “No more talk of heights and vertical drops please, I don't think my poor constitution could take it.”
 
“Sorry, so what do you want to do now?” She asked.
 
“I recall you saying something about a Ferris wheel, but I don't think I could handle that right now. So how about the bumper cars?” He answered.
 
Kagome jumped up and took his hand. With a yell of `BUMPER CARS!', she dragged the poor man off.
 
XOX
 
The evening was winding down and both K and Kagome were exhausted. They had been on every ride in the fair; K had even won her a stuffed fox at the gun range. Who'd have thought that he was good with a rifle? The duo were now seated back in the van and Kagome was almost asleep. With a small grin she looked at K. “I had a lot of fun today K, we should do it again sometime.”
 
K smiled lazily and nodded. “I had fun too. If it wasn't for the fact that you are young enough to be my daughter, I would have liked to start dating you.”
 
“That would have been nice, but in all honesty, I kinda have my eye on someone else.” Kagome replied.
 
K's eyebrow kicked up. “Let me guess, Hiroshi?”
 
Kagome blushed but nodded anyway. “Yeah, I really like him K, but I know that he wouldn't like me back. I mean, he's a rock star that could have any girl he wanted so why choose me?”
 
“Because you're a nice girl Kagome and you're pretty much a star in your own right. You've been an honorary member of Nittle Grasper, one of the biggest bands in Japan since you were twelve. No one else in the world can say that. I've seen the way he looks at you Kagome; there is nothing but adoration and love in his eyes. As your friend and partial manager, I am telling you to go for it.” K explained.
 
Kagome sighed and dropped her head against the window. “Fine, after I get some sleep.”
 
XOX
 
Ryuichi bounded to the door to answer it with Kumagoro hanging by his knees. He was enjoying a nice evening with his Kuma-chan watching movies and waiting for Kagome to come home with Hiro and Tohma. As Kagome's uncle, he had to feel Hiro out and make sure that he wouldn't hurt his niece. Tohma was there to help him. Ryuichi yanked open the door and saw K standing there with Kagome in his arms. “Hello K, I see you have brought her back in one piece na no da!”
 
K nodded. “Can you take her Ryuichi, I have to get her stuff from the van.”
 
Ryuichi shook his head. “Kagome's too heavy for me. Hiro! Can you come here please?”
 
Hiro walked into the hallway and smiled. “Yes Ryuichi-san?”
 
Ryuichi pointed Kumagoro at Kagome. “Can you take her to her room please? She's too heavy for me to carry.”
 
Hiro nodded and took Kagome from K's arms. “I'll be right back Ryuichi-san.”
 
After Hiro had departed the hall, Ryuichi turned to K. “He really likes her K and wouldn't hurt her in any way so you don't have to worry over her.”
 
“Yeah I know, she likes him too. She told me in the car on the way home. This is going to be hard on them both what with the tour coming up. Have you decided on her sleeping arrangements yet?” K said.
 
Ryuichi nodded. “I had a long talk with Tohma about it and we both thought it'd be best if she stayed on the Bad Luck bus with you guys. Kagome loves Shuichi to death and they are all closer to her age, so it's only practical. Besides, Kagome needs to spend time with you guys if she wants to have fun. I can't wait for the tour K!”
 
K chuckled. “Neither can I Ryuichi. With both Kagome and Shuichi there, I'd inspect my bed before I got in it if I were you!”
 
XOX
 
Woo! Next chappie kicks off the tour! Thanx for all the support you've showed me and I really can't wait for get everything started!
 
Much love always
 
Hope xxx