Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Beat ❯ Chapter 13

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Heya! I'm back from my vacation and fired up! I spent the last two weeks getting addicted to Loveless, Death Note, Descendants of Darkness, Fruits Basket, Black Cat, green tea pocky and peach bubble tea. I really hope you like this chapter and for all of you Naruto fans, I highly suggest you check out the youtube link on my profile for the best Naruto parody ever!
 
XOX
 
It's everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. Billboards advertising gossip magazines have it on the front, it's on music TV news shows, its even in the fucking newspaper. News that Hiro and I are dating spread like a disease and to say it's unsettling would be an understatement. Stupid paparazzi follow us everywhere so we can't even go on a date like normal people! I have been called a nobody by the press, a tramp by his fans and talentless by the media. I am grateful that we've gotten away without the media coverage for the last several months though. Quite frankly, I am at the end of my tether. Uncle Ryu is trying his hardest to keep me from slipping into total unhappiness, but after being called a `last ditch attempt to raise sales' by this mornings entertainment section in the paper, happiness is distant. I wouldn't even smile for Shippo and Kuma-chan this morning at breakfast. What hurts a lot is the fact that Shuichi hasn't tried to glomp me today because it's gotten that bad. I have only one option left.
 
XOX
 
“Tohma, can we talk?” Kagome said as soon as the sound test was over.
 
Tohma walked over to her with a smile. “What do you want to talk about Kagome?”
 
Kagome took a deep breath before she began. “I think it would be best if I sat out for the remainder of the tour.”
 
Tohma's smile disappeared. “Why? Aren't you having fun?”
 
Kagome shook her head. “No it's not that! I'm just sick of being called a nobody and talentless by the media. I've spent ten years of my life playing drums and I know I'm anything but. I wouldn't be playing with you guys if I was.”
 
“Kagome, part of being a celebrity is taking the good with the bad.” He said.
 
“That's the thing though, I'm not a celebrity! I am a seventeen year old girl playing music with her friends!” She all but yelled.
 
Tohma looked her square in the eye. “You are as much a part of this band as the rest of us. In a month when this tour is over, you'll be in the studio with Bad Luck recording. Let the media say what they like, they'll get bored eventually. You are still joining Bad Luck aren't you?”
 
Kagome shifted her weight and nibbled on her bottom lip. Tohma new this was her way of dealing with indecision and sighed. “I'm not sure anymore Tohma. I really don't want to cause them any trouble by doing it.”
 
Tohma put his best `kicked puppy' face into play. “You'd hurt them more by not doing it. Ryuichi is in the same state as Shuichi over this. You'd disappoint them both by changing your mind now.”
 
Sighing, Kagome relented. “Fine, but if I keep getting slagged off, I'll stop.”
 
He pulled her into a hug. “That's all I ask Kagome.”
 
XOX
 
Ryuichi cornered Hiro while Kagome was talking with Tohma. “Hiroshi, why is Kagome so upset lately?”
 
“It's because of all the bad media coverage on her.” Hiro explained. “We can't even go out on a date and it's getting us both down.”
 
Ryuichi nodded. “Maybe I can get Tohma to arrange a press conference to clear up a few things. It would be an opportune time to announce that Kagome is joining Bad Luck too.”
 
“Wait, when did she agree to Shuichi's proposition?” Hiro questioned. “Last time we spoke about it, she said she was still thinking about it.”
 
Ryuichi fiddled with one of Kumagoro's ears and smiled at the guitarist. “Last night she told Shuichi, but told me and Tohma and Noriko last week!”
 
Hiro nodded and his face broke out into a huge cheesy grin. “This is fantastic. I won't be away from her when I'm touring now. The last thing I could ever want is to be away from her for months on end, she means too much to me.
 
Kumagoro patted Hiro on the head. “Shippo told me that you mean a lot to her too. Kagome loves you more than music no da!”
 
Hiro blushed deeply. “I have to go Ryuichi-san, Kumagoro-san. Please tell K not to worry, I'll be back in about an hour.”
 
XOX
 
Kagome laced up her boots and pulled her laptop into her lap. It was an hour before the concert began and she needed to fuck about with her latest obsession; an online role-playing game called Runescape (don't own). She logged into her character profile `RyuSparkly' (insisted by Shuichi when he introduced her to the game) and was immediately assaulted by a level 22 ranger by the name of `FishKing42'. She chuckled bitterly, knowing it was her own fault for logging out while she was still in the wild. She clicked on her items and changed her weapon from a black scimitar to her black 2 handed sword. The battle was fierce, but the small level 17 warrior known as RyuSparkly prevailed and got to collect the mithril armor, 2 thousand gold coins and black war hammer dropped by the played before he got sent back to village. She gave a maniacal laugh and transported back to the village where she proceeded to sell her new war hammer. “Mwahaha! That's what you get for fucking with a warrior!”
 
“What are you doing Kagome?” Suguru said as he sat down beside her.
 
Kagome's fingers flew over the keys, a smile on her face as someone offered her five thousand for her war hammer. “Selling my war hammer.”
 
“Okay.” He said and handed her a piece of paper. “Hiro asked me to give you this before the gig tonight, so here I am.”
 
Kagome took the paper from his hands and placed it down beside her. “Cheers Suguru.”
 
It was silent for about a moment before Suguru broke it. “So, what exactly are you playing?”
 
“It's an online game called Runescape that Shuichi got me addicted to.” Kagome replied. “Would you like me to teach you how to play it?”
 
“Sure!” Suguru said.
 
The next forty-five minutes where spent teaching Suguru, AKA SpeedyDigits, how to play. The note from Hiro lay forgotten at Kagome's side.
 
XOX
 
It was the last song of the night and Kagome sat behind her kit pounding away to the Rage Beat as the crowd went wild for Hiro's solo. She smiled over at him and he gave her a subtle wink. In her opinion, he looked amazing in his leopard print long sleeve tee. Blushing slightly, she noticed that he right wrist ached whenever she bent it a particular was and made a mental note to put her brace on it. Shuichi sang the last lines and both he and the elder singer thanked everyone for coming out before the exited the stage and went to the dressing rooms. Hiro was the only one not there. After relaxing for about half an hour, Kagome went to pick up her laptop when she noticed the forgotten note. Quickly opening it, she gasped and dashed out the door.
 
Kagome,
 
Please meet me on our bus after the show, I have something to tell you.
 
Hiro x
 
Kagome raced down the hall and out the back door of the arena, note clutched in her hand. She ran to the bus and rushed inside, gasping for breath as she saw Hiro sitting there, still waiting for her.
 
Hiro looked up at her and sighed. “I didn't think you were coming Kagome.”
 
Kagome panted and made her way over to him. “Like I gasp wouldn't come. I pant just read it.
 
He nodded his head and sat her down with him. “I need to talk to you seriously for a moment Kagome.”
 
Her breathing was starting to even out some and she looked over at him. “Sure, what's on your mind?”
 
Hiro closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He opened them again and focused his attention solely on her. “We've been together for about seven months now right?”
 
“Give or take a few weeks.” Kagome confirmed, not liking the direction this conversation was taking. “Why?”
 
“Well, I've been doing some thinking lately and I've come to a decision.” He said. Taking another deep breath to calm his nerves. “I want you to move in with me.”
 
Kagome looked at him stupidly for a moment before she answered. “I'm sorry what?”
 
Hiro whined a little. “Please don't make me repeat it love!”
 
“Wow.” Kagome said finally. “I was expecting you to want to break up with me or something, but not this. Um, why?”
 
He smiled at her and chuckled. “Because I love you Kagome, and I want to be able to see your face every morning. Spending months on a bus with you has only made that clearer. I don't expect you to answer me right away, but at least think about it.”
 
“I would love to Hiro, but it would have to wait until after my birthday in September. I'll be eighteen then and it won't be illegal.” She added the last part in nervous humor.
 
Hiro grinned and hugged her tight. “You have no idea how happy this makes me. I love you Kagome.”
 
Kagome sighed from her place in his arms. “I love you too Hiro.”
 
XOX
 
It took me forever but it's done! Ooh, I just made a startling discovery; Kagome's eyes are actually blue in the manga!
 
Much love always
 
Squishy xxx