Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Beat ❯ Chapter 14

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Thank you all for waiting so patiently for this. I had part of this chapter on paper, and only know decided to get off my arse and type it up.
 
XOX
 
“Okay Kagome, for the next one I want you to wrap your arms around Shuichi's shoulders from behind, drumsticks in your left hand please. Hiro, I need you to be looking more toward the fan, Suguru you too.” The photographer said. “Okay, perfect.”
 
Kagome sighed and did as told. After Tohma had called the press conference to announce Kagome's joining of the band, `Spin' music magazine called and requested a photo shoot and exclusive interview with the band. For this particular shot, the boys were dressed in casual black shirts and pants, while Kagome was forced to spend hours in hair and makeup. The payoff was amazing. Her black hair was done in soft curls and had baby pink crystals throughout, while her make up was in shades of pink and glitter. The photographer had requested that she be dressed in a baby pink tulle faery dress and sparkly pink wings.
 
Kagome felt like a complete idiot. “I feel like a complete idiot.”
 
“Just one more shot boys and you can all go.” The photographer said.
 
Kagome growled in Shuichi's ear, earning a snicker from him. “It's not that bad Kagome.”
 
“If he calls me a boy one more time I'm going to hurt him in places he didn't even know he had places.” Kagome replied.
 
“They'll get used to there being a girl in the band eventually. “He said reassuringly.
 
Kagome sighed, leaning her head against his. “They should be able to tell now seeing as I'm the only one here wearing a dress. And it's pink. I hate pink.”
 
He moved his head and kissed her cheek. “It'll all be over soon.”
 
“Nice pose.” The photographer said as he snapped another shot. “Are the two of you close?”
 
Shuichi nodded. “Yep! She's like the little sister I never had.”
 
“Shuichi, you have a sister.” Hiro said.
 
“Yeah, I know, but she's nothing like Kagome. Maiko is more interested in clothes than music. Hence, the sister I never had.” Shuichi said grinning.
 
XOX
 
Kagome sighed and sunk into her bed on the tour bus. It had been seven months, but the tour was now over, they had just finished their final show. They were on their way back to Tokyo from Hokkaido and it would take three days. During that time, she had planned to do noting more than sleep, sleep and if she found the time, play with her laptop. It had been exhausting, but had been the time of her life. She wouldn't have changed any of it for the world. It was six months until her eighteenth birthday, and she had yet to tell her uncle that she was planning on moving in with her bandmate and boyfriend, Hiro. Kagome knew that if anyone would protest, it would be Ryuichi. Her mother would be happy, as would her brother, but she couldn't fathom what her uncle's reaction would be. She figured it would hand anywhere between happiness and utter chaos. Hoping for the former, she looked over at Shuichi. “Hey Shu, can I ask you a question?”
 
Shuichi looked up from his book (a/n: le gasp! Shuichi was reading.). “What's the matter Kagome?”
 
“What did you parents say when you told hem that you were moving in with Yuki?” She asked.
 
Shuichi grinned sheepishly. “Here's the thing, I never told them.”
 
“You didn't? Why not?” Kagome said.
 
“How awkward would you feel going to your parents and saying `I'm moving in with my boyfriend. In case you didn't catch that, I'm gay'.” Shuichi countered.
 
Kagome blinked. “I wouldn't feel awkward, my mother would support me on any decision I make. It's uncle Ryu that I'm worried about.”
 
Shuichi's face split into a somewhat evil grin. “Why would you be worried Kagome? Are you planning on moving in with Hiro?”
 
Kagome blushed and bit her lip. Shuichi gasped. “You are aren't you! Oh my god, he's never been this into someone before, I need to go tease him!”
 
Kagome's hand shot out and grabbed him by the wrist. “No you don't Shuichi Shindou! I don't want you to say anything to him about this; we're not cohabiting until I turn eighteen in September. I am trusting you not to say anything to anyone Shu, so promise?”
 
Shuichi groaned and nodded. “I promise I won't say anything to anyone.”
 
“Thank you!” She gave him a hug and lay back down on her bed. “I really don't need anyone to find out about this.”
 
“I understand that, it was a real hassle when people found out that Yuki and I live together. I'm just grateful that my parent's never watch the news.” Shuichi sighed, climbing on Kagome's bed with her.
 
Kagome opened one eye and looked at Shuichi. “Why are you in my bed?”
 
“Because Suguru coated my bed in mayonnaise as payback for pulling pranks on him through out the tour.” He said, pulling the blankets over them both. “And I'm tired so you can share your bed with me tonight.”
 
Kagome nodded and leaned over him to grab Shippo. “Alright then, I don't mind sharing.”
 
Shuichi waved one arm tiredly for a moment, before letting it plop down around Kagome's waist. “You know…yawn…it's so lucky that we're bestest buddies or else…yawn…Hiro would have my head for holding you like this.”
 
“Yep.” Kagome yawned too. “You're lucky you're my bestest ever friend or else I'd have your head for holding me like this. The only other person who I've slept with like this is Tatsuha, but that was when we were younger.”
 
Shuichi gave an involuntary shudder. “He scares me.”
 
“Why? He's nothing but a big teddy bear. So much like Eiri.” Kagome said, her eyes closing.
 
Shuichi closed his eyes too and snorted. “Yuki is not a teddy bear, he can be vicious when he wants.”
 
“Yeah when he wants.” Kagome replied, yawning once more. “Most of the time he's really sweet though, and he's completely in love with you.”
 
“And I him.” Shuichi replied. “Night Kags.”
 
“Night Shu.” She said, before succumbing to darkness.
 
XOX
 
Kagome sighed as she loaded the last basket of clean laundry into the dryer. She had been at the Laundromat for three hours already and had managed to get five out of six bags of laundry washed, dried and folded. Ryuichi had told her that she shouldn't worry about it and that he could call someone to take it out for them. Kagome being Kagome, had insisted on some normalcy and proceeded to hop into the car and take all of the dirty laundry to the Laundromat and do it herself. This was her second day back in Tokyo and already she was starting to feel relaxed. Pulling a box of green tea pocky from her bag, she slipped her headphones back on her head and picked up her book. It was really reaching its peak and she wanted to finish at least this chapter before she went home. Sitting on the ledge designed to fold laundry with pocky in her mouth and head bopping to an unknown beat, she felt completely content. That was until someone grabbed her waist and pulled her forward.
 
“What the fuck are you - Koga!” Kagome exclaimed as she saw her old friend grinning at her devilishly.
 
Koga pulled her headphones off her head and pulled her into a hug. “Hey Kagome, it feels like I haven't seen you in forever!”
 
“I know, it's been years! What are you doing here? In a laundromat of all places?” She asked, happily beaming at her childhood friend.
 
“Doing my laundry.” He replied.
 
“Don't be pedantic Koga, I haven't seen you in like eight years and this is the greeting I get?” She pouted.
 
Koga chuckled at her. “Of course! Hey, are you busy right now? I'd love to catch up with you.”
 
Kagome put her stuff in her bag and grabbed her clean laundry. “Let me put this in the car and then would you mind waiting for a few moments while my laundry dries?”
 
“I don't mind waiting, it'll only be a few moments right?” She hopped off the counter and over to the dryer to check the time. “Okay, by the time I put this in the car, it should be done and then we can go get coffee or something.”
 
Koga nodded. “No problem.”
 
Kagome took the laundry out to the car and placed it inside, letting the driver know that he didn't have to sit in there and wait and that he could head home after she brought out the last basket of laundry, because she was popping out to catch up with an old friend. He smiled and thanked her. Walking back into the laundromat, Kagome pulled the clean clothes out of the dryer and began to fold them, placing each article of clothing into the basket as she went. “So, how did you recognize me so quickly?”
 
“I've been sitting here watching you for like half an hour, trying to figure out if it was really you or not.” Koga said.
 
“What gave me away?” Kagome asked, taking extra care to place Kumagoro's pyjamas to one side. Ryuichi would be really upset if they got ruined.
 
“It was the strangest thing actually.” Koga chuckled. “But the way you swing your legs when you listen to music and eat pocky is completely different from how you do it normally. When I saw you doing that, I knew it was you. How did you know who I was?”
 
“You're the only Japanese person I know that has ice blue eyes.” Kagome said, packing up the last of the clothes. “Alright, I'm ready to go are you?”
 
“Yep, do you have any problem with motorbikes, because if you do, we can walk.” Koga asked, picking up her basket of laundry.
 
Kagome shook her head. “Nope. I just have to drop this basket off in the car and then we can go.”
 
The pair walked to the car and Kagome placed the basket in the back seat before smiling at the driver. “There we go. Have a good afternoon off Ryusuke.”
 
“Thank you Sakuma-san, I will.” He said before driving away.
 
“Just let me call my uncle and we're all set.” She said to Koga before pulling out her phone. She dialed the number of the house and waited. “Uncle Ryu? Remember my friend Koga?…yeah the one that moved to Texas of all places, well we sorta bumped into eachother at the laundromat and now we're going out for coffee…yeah alright, I'll ask him.” Kagome turned to her companion with a smile. “Uncle Ryu wants to know if you feel like joining us for dinner tonight.”
 
“I'd love to.” Koga replied.
 
“Yeah he said okay…of course I will…love you too bye.” She hung up and looked at Koga. “So, where do you want to go for coffee?”
 
“Not sure, I've just moved back last week so I don't know anywhere really.” Koga explained, leading Kagome toward his bike.
 
“There's this one place that Shu and I usually go to for bubble tea, if you want to go there.” Kagome said.
 
Koga nodded and offered her a helmet before sliding on his bike. “Sounds great. You ever been on one of these before?”
 
Kagome slipped on behind his with practiced ease. “Yep, I'm on these a lot.”
 
“Really? Whose?” He asked as he started it up.
 
She wrapped her arms around his waist and leaned into him. “My boyfriends.”
 
XOX
 
“So, why did you leave for Texas Koga? Kagome was very sad when you left.” Ryuichi asked, taking a bite of his dessert.
 
“My dad's company transferred him there so we had to move.” Koga explained. “I didn't want to go but I had no choice. I missed you all so much.”
 
Kagome sighed. “It has really hard after you left Koga, I cried every day for like a month. In all honesty, I thought that maybe you had forgotten about me when you stopped writing.”
 
Koga put an arm around her. “I could never forget you Kagome, you were my best friend. And I'm sorry that I stopped writing. After Dads Company struck it rich, he sent me to private school and I didn't have the time for anything any more.”
 
“That's okay, I understand.” Kagome smiled at him. “So, why are you back? Not that I'm complaining or anything.”
 
“Well, in the States, we finished school last summer, and because I wanted to study at Tokyo U, I had to wait for the new year to start before I could go, so I came back early and decided to see if I could find you again.” He explained. “Then I saw you in the laundromat and bam! I got my buddy back!”
 
Ryuichi laughed. “That's awesome for you! I know that I'm happy you're back Koga, to be truthful, you're like the only one of Kagome's friends that I really liked. The people she went to school with were weird, especially that Inuyasha boy that she dated for a while.”
 
Koga gave Kagome a horrified look. “You and that dog, are you kidding me? Please tell me he's not that boyfriend that you was talking about!”
 
Kagome blushed and whapped Koga on the arm. “Hell no, me and Inuyasha broke up ages ago! I haven't seen him since before the tour started.”
 
“Tour?” Koga said. “What tour?”
 
“Are you serious? Do you not read the newspaper?” She asked.
 
He shook his head. “I told you that I only got back last week.”
 
“You remember Uncle Ryu's friend Tohma?” Kagome said.
 
Koga nodded. “The one that used to play with us?”
 
“That's the one. Well, just after you left, he and I started a band.” Ryuichi said. “We got pretty big too.”
 
Kagome snorted. “Try best in Japan.”
 
“Seriously? Wow, I guess I owe you a belated congratulations then.” Koga grinned. “Anyway, on with the story.”
 
“Right. Well, about a year ago a band came onto the scene with the potential to become the next Nittle Grasper.” Kagome said.
 
“What's a Nittle Grasper?” Koga asked.
 
“That's the name of my band.” Ryuichi said. “Kagome and Sota came up with it.”
 
“Anyway, the name of the band was Bad Luck. Tohma signed the to NG, the record company he started after Nittle Grasper broke up, and they're getting pretty big too.” Kagome explained. “Well, about eight months ago Tohma decided that the two bands were going to do a tour together and wanted me to do drums for it. So, we spent the last seven months touring Japan and we got back yesterday.”
 
“You have done a lot since I left haven't you?” Koga smiled.
 
Kagome nodded. “Yep, the tour went great and Shuichi decided that he liked me so I'm the only female member of Bad Luck now.”
 
“And Shuichi is…?” Koga asked.
 
“Lead singer. He's like Uncle Ryu's twin. You should see them together.” Kagome laughed. “It becomes an all out idiot party.”
 
“Hey! I thought you loved me Kagome!” Ryuichi pouted.
 
Kagome offered the cherry from her untouched cake to him. “I do love you Uncle Ryu, you should know that you mean the world to me.”
 
“KAGOME!”
 
Kagome turned her head and leapt up in time to receive a world class glomp attack from Shuichi. “Shu, how are you?”
 
Shuichi got up and pulled Kagome up with him. “Good! I missed you Kagome!”
 
Kagome patted him on the head. “You only saw me yesterday Shu. Why aren't you at home with Eiri?”
 
“Yuki is working and said to go bug Hiro so I did and now I'm here!” Shuichi yelled.
 
Kagome looked around and spotted the red head locking up Shuichi's car. “That's good, would you like to join us? We've already eaten, but there is someone I want you to meet.”
 
Shuichi nodded and looked to the door that Hiro had just came in through. “Hiro! Come over here!”
 
Hiro smiled and made his way over to them, dropping a kiss on Kagome's cheek. “Hey beautiful, didn't expect to see you here.”
 
Kagome blushed and grabbed his hand. “Come on, I want you to meet someone.”
 
The trio walked back to their table. Kagome climbed into the booth next to Koga and Hiro too the seat beside her while Shuichi sat on the other side. Kagome grinned. “Guys this is Koga, we've been friends since we were in diapers. Koga, this is Hiro and Shuichi, my friends and bandmates.” She pointed them out respectively.
 
Koga offered his hand to each. “Nice to meet you both.”
 
XOX
 
I hope that this was worth reading, and thank you for all the support.
 
Much love always
 
Squishy xxx