Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Doesn't Even Matter ❯ Shuichi ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One thing, I don't know why…
 
Shuichi lay on the floor, tears mixing with his blood. “But why would you do this?” he sobbed. “Shut up,” a voice floated form above. A gun was pointed at his head. “Unless you want Maiko-san to find your brain splattered all over the floor.” Shuichi's mouth snapped shut.
 
It doesn't even matter how hard you try…
 
“Think of this as a mercy killing. I know you miss your precious Eiri-san. You two can argue just like you used to in the afterlife.” The ice-cold laugh chilled Shuichi to the bone. “Wait a minute. Do you know who killed Yuki?” “Didn't I tell you to shut up? I'm the one doing the talking.” Feet moved over to the couch and sat down. “But…well, you'll be dead anyway. Yes, I killed Eiri-san.” Shuichi's eyes widened. I've been looking for you for four years. All this time you've been right in front of my face?
 
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme to remind myself how I tried so hard…
 
“You killed him,” the blood-drenched figure whispered. “Just when we were going to start our life together, you killed him. I'll never forgive you.” His hands balled into fists at his sides. “I tried for years to get him to be open and nice and forgiving and loving, and just when it started to work, you killed him. I just can't believe it was you.” His voice had risen to dangerous proportions.
 
In spite of the way you were mocking me, acting like I was part of your property…
 
“Didn't I tell you to shut up?” The barrel was turned toward the singer and fired. However, either they had an off moment or they intentionally missed, for the bullet whizzed over his head and lodged it the wall. “And just how will your withheld forgiveness affect me when you die?” A smirk graced the pretty face watching him, reveling in his pain. “I doubt Eiri-san has forgiven me yet either.” A choked sob escaped the mass of pink.
 
Remembering all the times you fought with me, I'm surprised it got so far…
 
Shuichi's thoughts drifted to the past. Yuki kept yelling at me. Yet he always let me back in. This spot is…I think this is the same spot where we first… A light blush stained his cheeks. But why? Why did he keep letting me back in? Did he love me as much as I loved him?
 
Things aren't the way they were before, you wouldn't even recognize me anymore…
 
“Oh Shuichi, you've grown so much like Eiri-san.” A soft hand ran down his cheek, gently brushing away tears that were still falling. “Don't touch me, you sick freak,” he growled. “Yuki would eat you alive if he were here.”
Eyes narrowed. “Well, he's not. Why do you think he's resting in his grave?” Shuichi whispered waveringly, “You don't mean…”
“Honestly, why in the world would I risk my life, my reputation and my career to off someone? To get to the prize he stood in front of. You.”
 
Not that you knew me back then but it all comes back to me in the end…
 
Images of his life started to pass in slow motion before the young man's eyes. He could see his childhood, and his endless teasing about his hair; his adolescence, when he met Hiro and fell in love with Nittle Grasper; his adulthood, when he met the people that would become his closest friends and worst enemies, and the man that he thought he would be able to spend the rest of his life with. Finally today: a normal day, until his guest shot him in the back. Just like Yuki… he realized. He felt like throwing up.
 
You kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart…
 
Yuki, I'll be coming to join you soon. Shuichi had lost the feeling in his body, so now he couldn't even feel the wind blowing across his face from the now open window.
I wonder if you've changed any. Are you still as mean as you used to be? Have you put your past behind you? I wanted to help you. But you died. You were taken away from me by a person I called my friend.
 
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time…
 
I wonder what will happen when I die. Will Bad Luck continue or disband? If they disband, what will K-san and Sakano-san do? I hope Hiro will be ok. He's smart; he'll find you and kill you for what you did. Angry violet eyes followed the slim figure as his killer left the apartment.
I wonder if people will remember me. I just want to be remembered, if nothing else.
 
I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter…
 
Shuichi wrote carefully the name of his killer in the pool of blood around his body. He started to write that this person killed Eiri as well, but his arm fell on top of his note.
 
I had to fall, to lose it all, but in the end it doesn't even matter…
 
Clear eyes focused on the door. Staring, unblinking, they began to fill with tears. “Forgive me, Shuichi. I loved you and hated Eiri-san, but I didn't know I'd kill you both. Please, forgive me.” The eyes closed and the figure disappeared into the shadows.
Inside, a pink-haired twenty-five-year-old took one final, shuddering breath and closed his eyes, a small smile on his face.