Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Fleeting Inspiration ❯ Nightmares and Fantasies ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fleeting Inspiration
by Anna Sartin

. . .

Chapter 18: Nightmares and Fantasies

.

Eiri's prediction turned out to be quite accurate. It was a very long night. The couple finally made it to bed around two in the morning, after Shuichi woke up screaming that a zombie was biting his leg. The "zombie" turned out to be the TV remote underneath him digging into his thigh. A few hours later Eiri woke up again to Shuichi making strange gasping noises in his sleep. The terrified author shook the singer into consciousness, nearly having a panic attack as memories from the incident with the hotel swimming pool ransacked his mind.

"Sorry," a groggy Shuichi apologized afterward, rubbing his eyes. "I dreamed that zombies dragged me underwater and I couldn't breathe."

Eiri cursed, swearing to never let Shuichi rent anything that clearly stated "Extended Version! Too scary for theaters!" on the cover ever again (although he suspected that the incident with the pool had as much to do with causing his lover's dream as the movie). Pissed off at himself, Shuichi and the world for robbing him of his precious slumber and making him remember a terrifying moment in his life that he desperately wanted to forget, he harshly ordered the younger man to go back to sleep. Still, he pulled the idiot- his idiot- close and wrapped his arms around him, letting Shuichi nestled into his chest.

"I'm sorry, Yuki," the boy whispered.

"Go back to sleep."

. . .

The next morning Eiri awoke from a nightmare of his own.

A crowd of rabid fans, led by that religious lunatic on 4th Street, chased him around random bodies of water with copies of Four Gay Elves. Even in his dreams the book was stalking him! He slipped on the frozen surface of a lake only to find himself face-to-face with Shuichi, who was trapped under the ice. A few people were skating around him (with books strapped to their feet instead of ice skates) but no one made any move help as he frantically tried to break the ice and free the man he loved. Try as he might, no amount beating or stomping would crack the frozen surface and Eiri could only watch helplessly as his drowning lover struggled in vain to claw his way through it. Don't die... Oh shit, don't die!!!

When he opened his eyes and saw that Shuichi was not in bed, he nearly had a heart attack.

"SHUICHI!!!"

"Yuki? Yuki, what is it?!" Shuichi asked, running into the room. "Are you okay???"

The blond certainly didn't look okay. Tears were streaming down his golden eyes and he was shivering like a naked man exposed to below-zero temperature. Shuichi immediately enveloped him in a hug, and at the moment Eiri couldn't even think of pushing him away. He rested his head against the smaller man's chest trembling uncontrollably as Shuichi rubbed his back soothingly.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Shuichi asked, but he couldn't tell if his lover had heard him. "Yuki?" he whispered, then after a spell, "Eiri?"

The blond breathed in the boy's scent, which he found had an instant calming effect on him. Here... Safe... Alive... He took a few more deep breaths before attempting to speak.

"Sorry, " he said finally. "I'm... fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Mmm. Now let go, you're smothering me."

Shuichi released his hold on his lover and kissed him, then used his fingers to wipe the tears from his eyes. "You want to talk about it?"

Eiri shook his head. There was no way he wanted his partner to know he'd panicked and nearly had a breakdown over a stupid dream. It was bad enough his brother already thought he was losing his mind over that stupid book. Thank Buddha in heaven it was gone!

"Did you have anymore nightmares?" the blond asked, hoping to change the subject before Shuichi managed to get him to talk.

"Yes!!! It was horrible!" Shuichi exclaimed. "Sakuma-san and I were in a cage with a bunch of girls- I think one was a vampire- and we couldn't get out because this huge monster with tentacles and lots of penises was trying to rape us!"

Eiri stared at his partner, rather disturbed by the image. And I thought MY dreams were messed up... "Where the hell does your brain come UP with this shit?" he asked out loud, wondering if Shuichi had been exposed to some seriously disturbing hardcore tentacle porn as a child.

"I dunno..."

"Well, get up and stop thinking about it. I've got to try to start writing again today and I don't want THAT image rolling around in my head."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Shuichi asked.

"I'm fine," Eiri answered, "Think you can make us some breakfast without burning the place to ground?"

"Yes!" Shuichi replied indignantly, crossing his arms. "But Tatsuha's already making breakfast, so I'll have to show you tomorrow. Just you wait and see! It'll be the best food you ever tasted!" With that he kissed Eiri on the cheek, bit his ear, and flew out of the room before Eiri could catch him.

"Brat," the author grumbled, holding his offended ear with one hand and reaching over for his cigarettes and lighter with the other. "That idiot needs some serious help," he remarked to no one in particular as he lit up. Although I guess that's a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

. . .

After a long smoke followed by a hot shower, Eiri padded down the hall towards the kitchen. He would have preferred to avoid both his brother and his boyfriend that morning (he was still feeling shaky and he didn't want either of them to notice and call him up on it) but his body wanted food and he knew his chances of curing his writer's block were slim to nil on an empty stomach.

"Well, I don't know..." Shuichi's voice could be heard from the kitchen.

"Oh, come on," Tatsuha prodded encouragingly.

"Well, what about you?" Shuichi asked, blushing.

Eiri stood in the doorway, wondering what had the brat so embarrassed. Tatsuha was holding his namesake, Shuichi's "old" favorite pillow in his hands.

"Making porn with Ryuichi," Tatsuha whispered, causing Shuichi to cough up the juice he'd been sipping.

"You're kidding???" the singer asked.

"Hey, you asked! Now it's you're turn!"

Eiri raised and eyebrow as he watched this exchange from the doorway. Apparently he'd walked in on a very... interesting conversation.

"Well, I don't know..." Shuichi said again, doubtfully.

"Oh, come on!" Tatsuha prodded again. "You've got to have some sexual fantasy or wish you want my brother to fulfill."

Shuichi turned even redder and mumbled something that Eiri didn't hear.

"A mirror?" Tatsuha asked, confused. "For what?"

"I wish we had a really big mirror on the ceiling of our bedroom," Shuichi said quietly. "And maybe one on the wall next to the bed so I could watch while Yuki and I... you know..." The thought of getting to watch from multiple angles as his lover pleasured him was a huge turn on.

Eiri finally entered the kitchen, chuckling slightly. Realizing that he'd been overheard Shuichi squeaked from surprise and embarrassment and literally crawled under the table to hide. Eiri grinned and took his now-empty seat.

"What about you, Aniki?" Tatsuha asked his brother.

"Doing it on Tohma Seguchi's desk."

"Huh?" Shuichi asked from under the table, before popping out from underneath it. "You want to have sex in Seguchi's office???" he asked, disbelieving.

"On his desk," Eiri nodded, taking the cup of coffee his brother offered him.

"But WHY?" Shuichi asked, jealousy rearing its ugly head. Does he secretly want to... with Seguchi?

"Because he's always telling me how to run my life," Eiri replied. "I figure banging you THERE might put him in his place."

Although he was fond of his brother-in-law, the writer was tired of hearing the other blond's opinion of his relationship with the pink-haired singer. He'd interfered in their relationship on more than one occasion, and Eiri was loath to let it happen again. Rather or not the boy was "good" for him was for him to decide, not Tohma Seguchi.

"I've always wanted to do Judy on national TV myself," K commented from the doorway.

"How did YOU get in here?" Eiri asked, although truth be told he was now used to random people barging into his home without knocking. It still annoyed the crap out of him, though.

"I'm here to pick up my young star for work!" he announced, ignoring Eiri's question. "He's late."

"I have to work TODAY?" Shuichi asked, appalled. He'd wanted to enjoy the weekend before returning to work, goodness knows the majority of his vacation had been anything but restful.

"Correct!" K said in English, before switching back to Japanese. "You've had five days off, and you'd better have gotten at least one song finished while you were gone!"

"I happen to have gotten TWO songs done!" the singer said proudly, holding up two fingers. "And a half!" He looked at his hands, wondering how he could illustration the "half" with his fingers. He didn't have half a finger to hold up.

"I'll give your birthday present to Sakuma-san!" Tatsuha said cheerfully, holding up "Pillow-Tatsuha".

"But I wanna go to the party too!" Shuichi whined.

"Let's go," K ordered, holding his gun to Shuichi's temple.

"Wait," Eiri said in English, glaring at K warningly. "He is under doctor's orders to rest for a week..."

"Yuki!" Shuichi cried happily, overwhelmed with feelings of love and adoration. Yuki's rescuing me!

"...so see to it that he isn't overworked and doesn't do anything to strain himself," the author finished, bursting Shuichi's bubble.

"Will do," K saluted, dragging Shuichi off to get dressed.

"Yukiiiiiii!" he wailed despairingly. "You're supposed to be worried about me and not want me to leave your side!"

"I've got work to do, brat, and I don't need your noise... or yours," the blond added, turning to his brother.

"In America people don't work on Saturday," the singer grumbled as he was dragged away, as if K knew nothing about his own country.

"Ah, but that's not true!" K said cheerfully, gun held high. "Plenty of people work on Saturday. Just nobody important!"

Eiri went back to his coffee, ignoring his boyfriend's groans of protest. "So how much longer are YOU going to be here?" he asked his brother.

"Mika's supposed to take me home this afternoon," the younger Uesugi replied. "But I'll be gone most of the day. I'm going to Ryuichi-sama's birthday party!" He bounced in his seat excitedly like a little boy.

"Good. Maybe I'll be able get some work done with all you morons out of my hair."

As he heard Shuichi's whining in the background he briefly glanced upwards, wondering how hard it would be to put a mirror on the bedroom ceiling.

.

~End chapter eighteen~