Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Fleeting Inspiration ❯ Sunday Morning ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fleeting Inspiration
by Anna Sartin

. . .

Chapter Twenty-One: Sunday Morning

.

The next day Tohma was back, armed with new information and his wife at his side.

Eiri glared at them as he sat at the kitchen table smoking a cigarette. Why did he have to deal with these two at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning? Shuichi wasn't even out of bed yet and he'd been planning to head back there himself. He felt both physically and mentally exhausted, and his stomach was killing him. God damn ulcer... He'd just wanted some nicotine to calm his nerves before going back to sleep.

"Can't I have any peace?" he asked as Tohma made himself two cups of coffee and sat down uninvited. Mika continued to stand. "Why can't you just leave me the hell alone?"

"Because we're worried about you, Eiri," his sister told him. "This scandal could hurt your reputation; and besides, all this stress isn't good for you. What if you get sick again?"

"Why don't you both get a life outside of me?" the writer asked, wishing he'd never given Mika a key to his apartment. Hell, he wished he'd never given either of them his address at all. "I'm not a child anymore."

"I persuaded the owner of Music World to drop the charges against you," Tohma said, taking a sip of his coffee and offering the other cup to his wife. "as long and you and Shindo-san agree not to step foot in his store ever again. I also talked to Sakaguchi-san's parents, who have also agreed to drop the charges against Shindo-san."

"After you paid them off," Mika said dryly.

"Who the hell is Sakaguchi?" Eiri asked.

"The girl your boy-toy got into a fight with!" Mika answered. "You should thank Tohma for all the trouble he's gone through for you!"

"I never asked either of you to interfere in my life."

"Damn it, Eiri!"

"Now, now," Tohma waved his hand in a pacifying motion, wanting avoid a fight between the siblings. "We're here because we want to help you, Eiri. It's obviously you've been having a lot of... problems.. lately. I talked to several officers in the Osaka police department, including the one who arrested you. He said you were irate and impossible to reason with."

"He called me a shoplifter!"

"Another officer says that you were ranting like a madman after you were booked and banging your head against the bars like a lunatic," Tohma went on, "I also talked an Officer Kurata, who told me all about the little tryst between you and Shindo-san later on. He says the whole station heard you, and when they asked you to separate Shindo-san wouldn't return to his own bed."

"And why the hell should he?" Eiri asked, "I wanted him with me." He took a long drag on his cigarette and exhaled, blowing the smoke in his brother-in-law's face. He was feeling rather obnoxious at the moment and had concocted a plan to get rid of his uninvited guests. "At the snail's pace it took my lawyer to get there I was afraid we'd be there all night, and Shuichi just can't settle down without me or "Tatsuha" to sleep with."

"You and Tatsuha?" Tohma asked. "He sleeps with both of you?"

"Yes, usually at the same time," Eiri said, suppressing a grin. "But we've changed that since that idiot Sakuma started complaining about it. I had to pay for a replacement before we got back from Osaka."

He loved ruffling the feathers of his usually calm and collected brother-in-law. Messing with his sister's head would be an added bonus. Serves them right. What right did these two have to go all the way to Osaka just to put their noses in his business? By the expression on his face, Tohma was imagining all sorts of nasty things and Mika looked like she was going to be sick. Eiri was enjoying himself immensity, but he had to make a concerted effort to keep a straight face. He didn't get to mess with their heads often, so he wanted to take full advantage of the opportunity.

"Shuichi wasn't too sure about getting a replacement at first," he continued, "but in the end I think he was satisfied with the results."

"You can't be serious!" Mika exclaimed.

"What?" Eiri asked, feigning innocence.

It was at this time that Shuichi came in, rubbing his eyes.

"You've corrupted my brothers!" Mika shouted at him, before storming out. Tohma followed her, trying to pacify her. "Mika-san... Honey... wait..."

Shuichi just looked at his lover, completely confused. He was still not fully awake yet.

"Did I forget to mention that "Tatsuha" was a pillow?" Eiri asked, snickering. "I guess I did."

"What was THAT all about?" the singer asked.

"Who cares?" Eiri asked, putting out his cigarette. He was going back to bed.

"Are you okay?" the pink-haired man asked, studying his lover's face carefully. "You look like you're in pain."

"I feel like shit."

"Your ulcer?" Shuichi asked.

"How the hell did you know that?" Eiri demanded. Shuichi's uncanny ability to read the older man had always amazed him, but the boy's gift of perception was only growing more astute the longer they were together. It was starting to creep him out.

"You've got your hand on your stomach."

Oh. Made sense.

"I think everything that's been happening lately is starting to wear us both down," Eiri said as they walked into the living room. "My nerves are shot and you're white as a sheet."

"Am I?" Shuichi asked, putting his hands on his face.

"Well, you are paler than usual," Eiri replied. "Let's barricade the door and stay in today. I don't want to deal with any more drama."

"Sounds good to me."

"Hm. Come help me move the couch."

"Move the couch?" Shuichi asked. "Why?"

"To block the front door."

"You SERIOUS?"

"Yes," Eiri answered. "I don't want anyone else walking in unannounced."

"But it's so big..."

"It comes apart in three sections. We only need to move one section over to block the door. Just let me get something first..."

He disappeared into his study for a moment and came back with Four Gay Elves in hand. He then flung the book out the front door. "There. Now let's barricade the door!"

. . .

After Eiri had gone back to bed, Shuichi decided to make good on his promise yesterday to show Yuki that he could make a good breakfast. In the process he managed to break three dishes, cut himself twice, and accidentally set the stove on fire. In end, however, the food he made turned out to be halfway decent and he prepared to go wake the love of his life.

Wait a second... if I bring Yuki in here he'll see that I messed the kitchen and he won't even TRY the food. Plus I'll get yelled at... I'd better take the food to him.

"Breakfast!" the singer piped cheerfully a few minutes later, carrying a tray of food into the bedroom.

"Is it edible?" the blond asked warily.

"Of course it is! I said it would be the best food you ever tasted, remember?"

"How much of my kitchen did you destroy?" Eiri asked, noticing the cuts on his partner's fingers.

Shuichi just laughed nervously.

"Thought so."

"I'm sorry, Yuki! I promise I'll clean it up so-"

"Don't worry about it." Eiri was bound determined not to let anything else upset him today. As long as the apartment wasn't burning down, it wasn't worth making his stomach ache worse.

"So how is it?" Shuichi asked, after Eiri had taken a few bites.

"It's not the best food I ever tasted..."

"Awww..."

"...But it's the best thing you've ever cooked, so I suppose that counts for something."

Shuichi curled up against his companion and begin hand-feeding him, and to his surprise Eiri actually let him. The last time he'd tried this the writer had been in a foul mood and bitten his hand. This time, however, the blonde not only allowed himself to be fed, but encouraged it by licking and sucking the boy's fingers seductively. Their game soon led to them "christening" their mattress again, causing the Seguchis, the messy kitchen and the book outside their front door to be completely forgotten.

.

~End chapter twenty-one~