Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ I'm not stupid ❯ Mot ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I'm not stupid
by seven maxwell

Disclaimer: see prologue



Chapter One.


I've been thinking. Hell there's nothing else for me to do but lie here and think; so I've come to the conclusion that I should probably thank Tohma Seguchi for publicly humiliating me. If it weren't for him I wouldn't be where I am now. Literally speaking. Sure I'm in a coma and I'll probably spend the rest of my existence in a vegetable state but...if it weren't for Tohma I wouldn't be the awesome singer I am now. That's right awesome.

After that whole incident back at the recording studio one month ago I've found out that everyone present at that time all agreed that my performance is and will always be regarded as one of the best in NG ever. Sakano told me after I was admitted. He's been visiting me everyday, bringing me fresh flowers and news from NG and our record sales. Apparently my new song 'Butterfly Sleep' has hit the charts as the number one hit. Beating Nittle Graspers 'Sleepless Beauty' big time, we’ve knocked them out of the park so to speak. We beat Nittle Grasper.

I'll have to thank K one day, that's if I ever wake up, because he's the one who stole the only recorded copy of my song and pushed it through the radio waves that same night. I never really thought about what an influence a big gun toting American could have. I'm pretty sure he used his magnum to convince the DJ to play the song even though it was an illegal copy. The poor guy must have craped his pants at having a gun pointed in his face, its scary having something like that happen to you. Lord knows I've been on that end of the pistol many times before.


Oh did I mention K has come to visit me too, mainly to check up on my status. I think I overheard him once saying he wanted to have me taken over to the U.S. for medical testing. I don't think Sakano let him though because I'm still here. Hiro comes and visits me every day, he tells me about him and Ayaka, about Suguru and the new compositions they've come up with. He tells me that all they're waiting for is for me to wake up and make the song better. He's telling me to wake up. I wish I could.

Yuki comes everyday too, he even brings his laptop with him. Everyday he comes and sits beside me typing up his new novel. He even read it to me once, I always knew he was a great writer but I didn't really know how great until his rich baritone and storytelling gave my mind an excuse to do something besides think all day. I miss that, he hasn't read to me lately and I miss his rich voice spinning a fabulous tale of love and mystery. I think he finished that novel though, that's probably why he hasn't read to me. He does speak to me though; he tells me all the little things Tatsuha has done recently, the recent fight between Ryuichi and Tohma that no one knew about because Tohma only told Yuki and Ryuichi went back to L.A. I wonder what had happened there.

But right now unfortunately Yuki's gone home and visiting hours are over. I know because Yuki told me so before he left. It's funny how I can hear everything everyone says to me but I can't respond. Not even a twitch of my eyebrow, nothing. So as I said before I'm all alone right now, the nurse had already come and checked up on my vitals and had left to check the other patients so I imagine.

So nothing left for me to do right now but tell you what exactly happened six months ago. How it is I got here. The path I took that led me down a one way spiral to hell. I said I was smart but after thinking about what I did these past few months I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe if I told you my story then you could tell me.

It's up to you.



<Six months ago>


"BIG NEWS!" K said kicking the door of the recording studio down off its hinges. Everyone inside froze at the sight of the six foot two inch American. Only those used to his intimidating looks and big gun didn't flinch.

"Bad Luck has been nominated to perform for this year's International Concert held in Tokyo!" K said tossing a paper to Hiro. "The concert is being held in nine months, which means we need to come up with some new material before then." At this K pulled out his magnum and pointed directly at me.

"We need new lyrics Shindou so you better haul ass and start writing." The safety was unlatched and he cocked his gun.

He had his gun pointed at me. You think I'm stupid enough to argue with that kind of logic? I agreed if only to save my own skin.

"Good get started." K put his gun back into his holster. Sakano, hiding behind a chair, finally emerged as soon as K put his gun away.

"Well this is indeed good news, this should promote Bad Luck in just the right direction. If we hit big in this concert, being International and all we might even get promotions in other countries. We could hit the U.S. and maybe Canada an-"

"Slow down boy we're not there yet. I said Bad Luck was nominated, they still need to work up some new stuff if we want to actually perform there." K said standing tall, crossing his arms.

"Bad Luck will perform there if I have anything to do with it." Suguru said confidently. "We've already sold a million copies with 'Rage Beat' alone, if we come up with something new there's no way we won't perform, especially with me pulling strings.”

"Are you going to have Tohma endorse Bad Luck's nomination?" Sakano asked adjusting his glasses.

"No I intend to do this with out Tohma Seguchi." Suguru said, "I've been composing some new beats. I've been basing them on underground rave music like trance, techno, jungle, acid, drum and bass, freestyle, trip hop and my absolute favorite happy hardcore."

I blink, "Want to run that by me again?"

Suguru shook his head, "Honestly Shindou-kun I at least hoped you would understand the importance of underground music." He said, "I've been using underground beats for the new compositions. My idea is to mix both electronica and underground and come up with a new style of music that hasn't been heard of yet. With the right lyrics this could be Bad Luck's chance to sky rocket up the charts. We could be bigger than Nittle Grasper!"

Everyone nodded.

"So all we need is some really good lyrics huh?" Hiro said.

Everyone turned to stare at me. I could feel the room and everyone else getting bigger and bigger. Or maybe it's me getting smaller and smaller.

"Um...so I guess I'm working on lyrics then huh?" I say. I jump up and pose, "Bad Luck will have the best lyrics ever! I'm gonna start working on 'em tonight! No sex with Yuki tonight unless he starts if of course then I'm gonna have to give in but I don't think he's gonna be too 'needy' tonight 'cause he's been working for over 36 hours an-"

"Shut up and start writing." K points his gun at me again.

"Now, now, we have quite a bit of time to come up with new lyrics and music scores. I think it's best if we call it a day. We can start early tomorrow morning." Sakano said.

Everyone agrees and K put his gun away.

Hiro gave me a ride home later. When I went in to Yukis apartment the place was dark and the only light was coming out from beneath his study door. I was tempted tell yell my customary 'Tadaima' but decided against it. I really don't feel like getting yelled at again and I really don't feel like being called a 'damn brat' right now. I'm not a masochist.

I plopped down on the couch and propped my feet on the coffee table. Grabbing the remote to the TV I started surfing channels. I heard the door to Yuki's study open and I heard his soft footsteps on the wooden floor. I pretended not to notice he entered the living room until he crashed down on the other end of the couch.

"I didn't hear you yell when you came in. I thought you died or something." He says. His hair is messy and his shirt wrinkled. He's drinking a beer and I could smell the cigarette off of him.

"I didn't want to bother you. You always tell me to leave you alone when you're working and I saw the light from your laptop shinning underneath the door so I knew you were working and I came-" He pressed a slender finger to my babbling lips.

"Shh...God you babble. Listen next time you come home and I'm working it's alright to greet me so long as you do it quietly I won't mind." He leaned in and kissed me lightly on the lips. "Have you eaten?"

I shook my head, "No I'm not hungry just tired." I tell him. He sat down next to me and threw his arm over the back of the couch. I know this routine; I give him two minutes before he puts his arm around me and pulls me in for a cuddle.

I smirk, I was right.

I find it both cute and funny every time this happens. When I don't go lavishing him with all the attention he's used to he comes seeking it out. I press close to him and drown myself in his scent and his warmth.

"K told us that Bad Luck was nominated to perform for the International Concert. It's going to be held in nine months. If we get to perform we might even get promotions in other countries." I tell him.

"Is that so?" He asks.

I nod.

"Then why is Tohma on TV announcing the very same thing?"

"WHAT!?"

I turn to the TV and see Tohma Seguchi on the air behind him is Nuriko and Ryuichi. I grab the remote and turn up the volume.

"...So it's true then?" Some announcer was talking.

"Yes it's true, Nittle Grasper has reunited and we have been nominated to perform for the International Concert. We've been asked to represent Japan." Tohma smiled. He always smiles. It's freaking annoying.

"Mr.Seguchi I heard that Bad Luck has also been nominated to perform, what do predict the outcome will be if you compete against one of NG's rising bands?" Some anchor lady asked.

"I'm very confident that Nittle Grasper will be dominant in any situation. Bad Luck may be good but they are still...young." Tohma said still smiling.

"Thank you Mr.Seguchi. We'll there you have it folks Nittle Grasper will definitely be performing at the Inter-"

By this time I was standing up and steam was coming out of my ears. That...that..."Prick!"

Yuki looked at me startled but I'm too pissed to care right now.

"That son of a...cheap bastard...no good...Goddammit, shit, fucking...ARSCHLOCH! DU MUTTERFICKER! FIC DICH...LECKEN SIE MEINEN ESEL...DU WEIBCHEN!" I yell shaking my fists at the picture of Tohma still on screen.

Some of my anger eases away and I glance at Yuki only to find him staring at me in awe. I was so pissed I'd forgotten that he doesn't know I can speak German. Crap...I'd better play the idiot role.

As if on cue I pucker my lips, make my bottom lip tremble, furrow my brow, discreetly pinch my inner arm and bend my knees inwards. I sink down to the floor with a loud wail, tears streaming down my face from disappointment...but mainly from the pinch on my inner arm. Those always hurt.

Yuki gets off the couch and kneels down in front of me. He puts his finger against my lips hushing my cries. I sniffle cutely for him. He leans forward and kisses me deeply. I open my mouth letting him slip his tongue in. We stay there kissing and groping for a while until finally he drags me off the floor and marches me to his bedroom. We made love, he was gentle and slow. Just the way I like it.

Later that night though I couldn't get the image of Tohma on TV out of my mind. He called us 'young', he should have just tossed in 'wet behind the ears' while he was at it. I curl on my side; I don't want Yuki to know I'm still awake. I just still can't believe what a bastard Tohma Seguchi really is. You would never know it from that hideous smile that he's always wearing. He's such a narcissistic bastard, but you know what the sad thing is?

He's right.

As much as I hate to admit it Tohma's right. Bad Luck is still 'young' and 'wet behind the ears' but...he didn't have to announce that to the whole world did he? Sighing softly I get up quietly without waking Yuki and exit his bedroom. I turn on my keyboard and computer, putting my headphones on I focus on my mood. That's usually what prompts my creativity, if I'm happy I write love songs. If I'm sad I write nothing because I'm usually too depressed or too pissed to think clearly. Just like now, here I am staring blankly at my computer without one creative music thought in mind.

Forget it, taking off my headphones I turn off my keyboard. Instead I open up my internet navigator and check my email. Sometimes I can find some really cool stuff online. Once I found an online IQ test and just for fun I took it. Damn thing said I only had 149 IQ. This is untrue of course because I have a 187 IQ, proven fact.

I search the engine looking for any thing that will spark my muse. I type in 'creativity' and hit search. Just a bunch of useless stuff I'm not going to read, I click on 'next page' over and over searching for any heading of any interest. That's when I spot one.

'Creativity in a bottle - Need creativity? Let us help you open your mind to the endless possibilities of ideas. Just a simple pill will spark your creativity and open your mind to limitless imagination. (Click Here) And an associate will contact you via email with information. "Imagination is the key to intelligence" Mark Twain.'

I sat there looking at the message, I know it's a hoax but I'm curious so I click on (Click Here) and fill in the needed info. I wait about five minutes and check my email again. It's the only message in the Inbox, I read the info. All it said was that it was a pill provided to enhance creativity. It only cost like 1,000 yen (1) so I gave in and bought it with my credit card. It's supposed to arrive in three days.

Whatever.

I closed the window and turned off the computer. I spent the rest of the night sitting in a chair across the room from where Yuki slept. I figure if I can't sleep I can at least watch the one I love sleep. He really needed it.

Two days went by with the usual. You know 'same shit different day'. I haven't spoken to Tohma since after I saw him on TV. Apparently no one wanted to talk about Nittle Graspers reunion either because they didn't know, which I hardly doubt, or because they were afraid of what I would do if it were mentioned. I played my role dutifully, never missing a beat, pretending we still had a chance to perform at the concert. Yuki didn't mention anything either, just stayed silent most of the time.

I haven't touched my keyboard in days.

The next day I got the package of 'Creativity in a Bottle'. Yuki wasn't home so I didn't have to go and explain why I wasted my money on a hoax. I started to chuckle when I pictured what might be in the bottle. Probably TicTacs or something similar, maybe Viagra, I stopped laughing when I saw what it was.

Ecstasy
******

Tsuzuku...

(1)1,000 is equivalent to about $10 U.S. dollars.

Ecstasy is an illegal drug that elevates moods and can act as a short-term antidepressant. 'E' may not be physically addictive but it can be make someone 'dependent'.

More information can be found using the search engine.