Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Distance makes the heart grow fonder ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pairings: Ryu/Taki and slight Tatsuha/Shuichi.

Summary: Just a mindless set up for more mayhem. Some mushy Taki and Ryuichi stuff. And Shuichi being indecisive about Tatsuha and Yuki. Plus, I'm adding two more characters to the mix.

[ ] a character's thoughts.

//flashback

Disclaimer: I don't own gravitation or it's characters
____________________________________________________________ ____________

Inspired

Chapter 15

"Concert! But, Tohma I don't want to!" Ryuichi cried, from his spot next to Noriko. He glared through his tears at Tohma, who was sitting across from them. They were having a meeting about the benefit concert they were going to be doing in London that week. Unfortunately, it seemed Ryuichi had forgotten all about it/


"Ryuichi, we have a contract." Tohma replied calmly, his expression neutral. It still surprised him when Ryuichi had these outbursts, but he had learned not to lose his temper.

"I don't care! Break it!" Noriko smirked at him.

"You just don't want to leave your new boy toy behind, right?" She elbowed the vocalist playfully. "Are you afraid he'll play around without you?"

"Noriko! Taki's not that kind of person!" Ryuichi shouted as he came to his beloved's defense.

"Well, he is in his early twenties and you are in your thirties. Suppose you get wrinkles… He might trade you in for a younger model." She snickered as she saw Ryuichi whimper. Tohma sighed, reminding himself that these two were adults and not a couple of whiney children.

"Ryuichi, you made a promise, remember? Don't tell me you're going to break it?" Tohma smiled as he saw Ryuichi's shocked look. [Gets him every time.]

"Well, yeah… But it's just that…"

"I know. You want to spend more time with him. But, he has work to do anyways. He couldn`t spend time with you either way." Tohma said as he glanced at the singer evenly. It was just like Ryuichi to act this way. Whether it was music or a relationship, Ryuichi always put all his energy into it. "Ryu, don't worry. It's just one weekend."
_____________________________________________________________ ___________

Shuichi groaned as he looked down at the lyrics he had managed to write. "These are no good." [Dammit. I can't stop thinking about Tatsuha… or Yuki!] He was seriously missing the days when he was just angsting over the blonde novelist. Worrying about two sexual deviants was much more stressful.

The sudden click of a gun made it even more worrisome. He turned around to see K holding a revolver to his face. "Tell me why you are not creating!" The American shouted at Shuichi, who merely flinched instead of having his normal panic attack. K noticed this unusually lackluster reaction to his antics and frowned. He shoved the muzzle to the pink-haired boy's face, hoping a more forceful demand would do the trick. "Compose now! Before I blow your brains out!"

"K! I don't think that is necessary!" Said Sakano as he began to pull the taller man back. "The deadline is month away!" The producer was unusually calm, probably because Tohma had given him a big fat raise. In fact, Sakano was in such a good mood that he hadn't freaked out once that week.

Hiro clasped his hand on K's back, obviously in agreement with Sakano. "Let's give him some space." With that Sakano and Hiro began the arduous process of dragging K through the door. Shuichi sighed in relief once they were gone, glad to be alone with his thoughts.

"Hmm. Everyone has to leave just because you're having another self induced slump." Shuichi cursed inwardly as he turned around to see that Suguru Fujisaki was still there.

"Fujisaki, why don't you go with them?" Shuichi muttered, trying not to be too obvious. He didn't hate Suguru, well not anymore. But still, the kid seemed to have it in for him.

"Unlike some people, I'm actually working. I`m not happy with this new set either." He frowned as he messed with a dial. Shuichi decided to ignore that last comment and went back his lyrics. The silence didn't last long though.

"Argh!! That's it. I quit!" Shuichi yelled as he slammed down the papers. Suguru glanced out of the corner of his eye.

"What did he do this time? Or was it something you did? Not that I care." Suguru said coolly. [Why am I stuck with someone so emotional?]

"For your information, he did anything. It was his brother!" Shuichi yelled, no longer able to hold back. The keyboardist merely cocked an eyebrow.

"His brother… You mean the one who's obsessed with Sakuma?" Shuichi looked at Suguru as if the boy had fallen out of the sky.

"How did you know?"

"Mika. She is married to my cousin after all." Suguru had a look on his face as if to say, "duh." Shuichi was quiet, feeling like an idiot. "What did he do?"

"It's none of your business!" Shuichi shouted, his face going red.

"Yes it is. When your personal life starts interfering with the band, then I have every right to know why I'm being screwed over." Shuichi was speechless as the younger boy continued. "Let me guess. From what I know of him, he made a move on you, right? You liked it and don't know what to do? Am I right?" Suguru had a knowing smile that only widened as he saw Shuichi's look of shock.
________________________________________________________________ ________

Taki sighed to himself, wishing that his lunch break could last forever. He had an hour before he went back to practice and wasn't looking forward to going back. He wanted everything to be perfect for the concert this weekend. And so far, everything was going well, but it still wasn't good enough. He still wasn't good enough. If he wasn't a hundred percent confident, his voice would go off key.

Why did he have to feel so tired? And what was that thing that was glomping him from behind?

"Taki! I have lunch for you!" Came a sing-song voice. Taki turned and glared at Ryuichi.

"What are you feeding me this time?" [Please, don't let it be homemade.]

"Rice Balls! I made them myself." [Damn it! He did make them. At least it isn't some type of crazy western food.] He opened the box and frowned, feeling resigned to his fate, but knowing he was better off than the rice balls. The poor things were so lumpy and malformed.

He popped one into his mouth and grimaced as he realized they were filled with pickled plum, a food he absolutely hated. He saw that Ryuichi had already grabbed one and was eating it, with out any problems. Taki just shook his head and continued eating. It wasn't that Ryuichi was a bad cook, it's just that he wasn't a great one. [But, if I complain, he'll start crying.] So Taki ended up tolerating the lunches. Besides, he liked it when Ryuichi was like this.

He liked how they could be together and not do or say anything. Or if they did talk, it could be about the most inane crap imaginable. And either way, it was gratifying to know that Ryuichi Sakuma of all people was willing to make lunch for someone like Taki Aizawa.

"Well, is it good? Is it, is it?" Ryuichi looked at him with big, shiny eyes.

"Yeah, it's okay." Taki noticed grains of rice scattered around the older man's face. It was beginning to bug him. Plus, Ryuichi was suddenly looking depressed. "Is something wrong?"

"I have a concert this weekend." Ryuichi was looking down as he said it


"So? I have one too." The older man sighed, feeling a little annoyed by Ryuichi's current state of cleanliness. [I really wish he would clean his mouth.]

"Mine's in London." He muttered, looking at the older man, obviously frustrated.

"Oh, overseas. I don't see why you would be sad though." Taki instantly regretted what he said as Ryuichi started crying. The older man glomped onto him, stopping just short of squeezing the life out of Taki. "Eh, Ryuichi…that's not to say…uh…" [What did I do now!? And he`s getting rice on me.]

"I'm going to miss you so much! Aren't you going to miss Ryuichi!?" [That's what was bothering him?]

"Of course I'll miss you." Taki blushed. [Damn him for making me say this mushy crap!]

"Really? Really, really truly?" Taki nodded, only to be squeezed even harder. "That makes me so happy!" As Ryuichi was hugging him, Taki couldn't help but notice that some of that blasted rice was still there, hanging off his bottom lip. [I can't take it anymore!]

He grabbed Ryuichi by the shoulders and before the older man could protest, Taki pressed their mouths together. After a moment he pulled away and noted with satisfaction that the offending grain was gone. "Taki…" Ryuichi looked at him, surprised for a moment.

"Don't worry. I promise to be really lonely without you. That just means you have to come back sooner." He ruffled a hand through Ryuichi's hair affectionately.

"Just when I think I finally have you figured out…" Ryuichi was grinning from ear to ear. The younger man snickered.

"You're the one with the split personality."
_________________________________________________________ _______________

"So let me get this straight. Tatsuha came onto you. But this isn't the first time he's done it either, is it?" Suguru had his arms crossed as he looked down at Shuichi.

"No." Shuichi said as he looked down to avoid the icy gaze. He felt like he was being interrogated. All that was needed was the proper lighting.

"Now if I am to understand this right, up until now it has never been meant as anything more than a joke or as a possible one night stand? Am I correct?" Shuichi nodded. "And now you are torn between him and Yuki, right?" Seeing Shuichi nod yet again, Suguru sighed. "Are you sure it's not just because you're bored with Yuki?"

"No! I love Yuki! It's just that Tatsuha… Well… I mean… That is…" The younger boy looked down at Shuichi with contempt. [Stupid Jerk. Doesn't realize how lucky he is.]

"Listen, I suggest you think about this carefully. Think about how you feel about Yuki and why Tatsuha suddenly seems so appealing. I'm sure then you'll be able to make a decision." [Yeah that sounds about right. Not that I have anything to base this on.]

"But, if Tatsuha comes over, I won't be able to say no. And if Yuki finds out…" Shuichi felt so weak and helpless right now.

"No is no." Suguru said as he glanced at Shuichi. [Why is he the leader?]

"But, I just know he's going to come over this weekend and Yuki's going to be away again." Shuichi started crying now, knowing he was screwed. Suguru refused to pity him though. [He just wants an excuse! That has to be it! He wants to cheat and needs validation!]

"Why don't you just tell Yuki?"

"Because, he'll get mad. He might even throw me out! And what about Tatsuha? What if Yuki never speaks to him again? He hates Mika and he barely speaks to his father. If he cuts off Tatsuha, he`ll have no one left."

Suguru scoffed, knowing that Shuichi was exaggerating the dysfunctions of that family, though he also realized that the vocalist was correct on some level. "Oh come on! You can't tell me there's honestly no way to solve this problem?" [Wait… Maybe…] "Why don't you stay with someone else?"

"I can't. Hiro's having Ayaka over. Sakano`s niece is getting married this week. Noriko and Ryuichi have a concert overseas. My parents keep nagging me about grandchildren and K… No." Suguru tapped his foot impatiently, hating the idea of not being able to solve the problem, even if it was Shuichi's. [There has to be… No, do I have to?]

"Well, I suppose I could stay with you for the weekend… I mean, I`d invite you over to my house, but it`s a little out of the way." [Besides, whenever I go home, my parents are always bugging me about not having a girlfriend.]

"Really! Thank you so very much Fujisaki!" Shuichi clasped the younger boy's hands and began jumping up and down. [What have I gotten myself into?]
________________________________________________________________ ________

The moment he got home, Taki was prepared to kick back and relax. Ryuichi was probably on a plane by now to London, so with the exception of his upcoming concert, he had the weekend all to himself. The thought also made him a little sad though. What was he supposed to do without his daily dose of annoying superstar?

Still, during break and before leaving work, he and Ryuichi had made sure to satisfy any `needs' they had. Taki chuckled to himself as he relieved the memory. It still surprised him that Ryuichi was such a lusty little devil. It was disturbingly cute.

"Damn, right now I've got it made. Rising career, and a cute boyfriend. Now if only Shindou would take an unfortunate dive off stage." As he said this, he heard noise.

"Well, that's one check against you." Came an unfamiliar voice, which had an accent. He turned around to see a very tall, American man with long, blonde hair. He had a pencil and notebook in hand.

"What the hell!" Taki jumped off the couch and was about to run, when the strange man pulled a gun.

"I'm afraid there will be no running away tonight, Mr. Taki Aizawa." The guy had a smug look on his face. Taki gulped, his skin was beginning to perspire.

"Aren't you Bad Luck's manager?" NG Studios shook often enough from K's little riots that he was well known as a hazard to all employees.

"That is correct. As for why I am here, let's just say we need to put you to the test."

"What test?"

"To see if you are right for the most wonderful Ryuichi!"
_____________________________________________________________ ___________

"Since when did you start having sleepovers, brat?" Yuki growled as he looked at Shuichi and Suguru. Suguru had a suit case with him and was looking a little nervous.

"It's not a sleepover! He's just staying here until his house is done being fumigated." Shuichi recited the cover story perfectly. It definitely wouldn't be good if Yuki knew the real reason.

"Hmm." Yuki glared at Suguru, who was doing his best to look innocent. Yuki didn't trust the act for a second. Any relative of Tohma's was nothing but trouble.

"Shuichi thinks there's a ghost in the house. He was too scared to be alone. So he wanted me to come over." Suguru looked at Shuichi smugly. Shuichi growled, angered what was being said. [That's not in the plan! And I'm not a coward!]

"Why would you be so nice?" Yuki was even more suspicious now. There was no way Suguru was that friendly with Shuichi. From what he had heard both from Shuichi and Tohma, the two had a competitive work relationship at best.

"Because, this way I'll finally shut him up." Suguru crossed his arms for effect. "Honestly, he's getting no work done at all. Imagine how that makes me look."

Yuki knew he could very well keep at it until he caught them in a lie, but he didn't really care anymore. It was getting late and he had to catch his train. "Fine. I'll see you two later. And don't let him cook." Yuki pointed to Shuichi as he exited the house.

Shuichi turned to Suguru, looking rabid. "That wasn't the story!"

"I lied when I told you what the cover story was going to be." The younger boy had a smirk on his face.

"Why would you do that?" [Damn it! He's already pissing me off!]

"Do you honestly believe Yuki's that stupid? Why would I stay here when I could just stay with Tohma? Or even another relative or one of my friends from school?"

"That still doesn't explain why you told me a fake cover story!"

"I wanted to make you look stupid." Suguru chuckled. Shuichi twitched. [Why you little…]

"Come on, let's have some popcorn."
_____________________________________________________________ ___________

To Be Continued…
K tortures poor Taki. Suguru tries to help Shuichi fight the advances of Tatsuha, not that Shuichi tries to help…and Yuki finds out about Tatsuha's newest crush.

Whew…now I've added poor Suggy to the mix…I wonder how this will go? It should be noted that for K and Suguru's characters, I only have the fifth volume of the manga to go by. So, well…that's that.

Who should win Shuichi? And what do I do with the loser? Decisions, Decisions.