Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Love Fool ❯ Plan Hatched!! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1 - Plan Hatched!!
 
Jiraiya-sama was beyond depressed. First, he finds out that his novel wasn't selling anymore. Second, he feels like he let Naruto and the youth of Konoha down. Third, he can't find his comrades who were supposed to help him build a better future!! How was he supposed to build that ideal future when those two weren't around?!
 
Jiraiya-sama knew he was brilliant, creative and all… But he needed those two for a rather intense brainstorming!! Sure, sure he was superior to those two and he could probably do this on his own, but he wanted it to be perfect. And besides, that old man Sarutobi had said something about the greater power lying in numbers. And with two added perverted minds… Well, let's just safely assume that the ideal future is at hand.
 
The toad hermit sighed as he sat on the Fourth's head. He felt dead tired - in body and in mind. He might not admit it aloud, but old age really is underrated. Hoping on roofs all day, running across the fields, wading on rivers, climbing atop mountains - it had really taken its toll on his body. But nonetheless, he persevered. As long as there were pointed fingers on the `supposed' location of hic comrades, he persevered.
 
But as all things begin, they all must end at some point or another. Jiraiya-sama's patience had its limit and it was just bad that he finally reached it at the end of the day.
 
He may be oblivious at times but Jiraiya-sama knew when he was being evaded. He had known all the signs - because he had practice reading this `signs' when he was still teamed up with Orochimaru and Tsunade. Jiraiya-sama sighed yet again. Kakashi and Ebisu were not loyal fans and comrades after all. If they were, they wouldn't be hiding from him, would they?
 
Kakashi, he'd been looking since that morning. He had gone to all the places he knew the copy nin hung out - at the bridge were he met his team, the training grounds, the hokage tower and at the memorial. He wasn't in any of those. Or rather, he missed him by just a few minutes or mere seconds. All he saw of Kakashi was a poof of smoke. So he got the message and just stopped following him.
 
Ebisu was harder to find. All Jiraiya-sama could think of places to look at was at the Hokage tower or anywhere near Konohamaru. After trailing that brat for about 3 hours or so, he got tired, so he just gave up. So now, here he was at the Fourth's head pondering about what to do and looking really gloomy. He had already decided to just stop this foolish dream of correcting the youth's boring ways… Konoha won't need him now.
 
Jiraiya-sama sighed yet again. Oh well, he was a hermit after all. He didn't really need a place to call home. His home was anywhere he was. The toad hermit realized that it was time to travel once again. But before he goes… He had to say goodbye to the ladies of Konoha - those in the bath house of course.
 
 
One of the greatest pleasures of being a man was peeping on bathhouses. Jiraiya-sama knew this at such an early age, so it was of no wonder that he was an expert at peeping and got rarely caught by the girls. One of the few times he was caught was caused by certain loud students of his. But no worries, he didn't have Naruto with him. Only him, his eyes and the girls.
 
Jiraiya-sama was already drooling at the thought of seeing naked bodies when he felt a hand clamp on his shoulder.
 
“What took you so long? We were waiting for what seems like the whole day in here.” Ebisu asked him in a stern manner. He blinked. They what?
 
“It's a good thing we weren't caught or else we'd have a harder time looking for you.” Kakashi said in his bored but cool voice as he leaned on the wall of the bathhouse. Kakashi's eyes were curved and Jiraiya-sama assumed that he was laughing or smiling.
 
“You were looking for me? But I was looking for you!” Jiraiya-sama cried out when he finally found his voice. Kakashi and Ebisu scratched their heads.
 
“Uhm, see, we didn't want to come to the meeting empty handed so we did some sort of investigation first.” Ebisu said haltingly while Kakashi continued to smile or whatever. Jiraiya-sama could never tell with that mask of his.
 
The super pervert had to hold in his tears. He had doubted his sweet comrades!! Such bad payment for their loyalty… But no matter, it would be corrected. If - no, when the next volume of Icha Icha Paradise is released, it will be dedicated to these wonderful perverted men.
 
 
They held their meeting at a very noisy restaurant because Jiraiya-sama thought it would be best. They would be inconspicuous - just three men drinking their salaries' worth. No one would hold an inkling of an interest to eavesdrop or interfere or whatever. They were safe here, he knew. Jiraiya-sama tipped his cup of sake to his lips.
 
“So, what did you find out?” The super pervert asked.
 
“Well, it seems that they lost interest in your book…” Ebisu said knowingly while replacing his sun glasses on his face. Jiraiya-sama was sorely tempted to ask him why he needed to wear them at such a dark place. He held his tongue though.
 
“I know that already! Tell me something I do not know.” Jiraiya-sama huffed a little irritated at the answer. Ebisu laughed - in a near hysterical way. Jiraiya-sama feared that he was already drunk.
 
“Well, it turned out that your usual crowd had died of old age, lost eye sight because… of old age… Or moved town.” The bespectacled man said after that creepy laugh. He looked at Jiraiya-sama very seriously.
 
“You mean, I only attract the old crowd?!!” Jiraiya-sama spat out the sake he'd been drinking. He could not believe that only the `mature' men have interest in his books. What kind of people are living in Konoha nowadays?!! Boring ones?!! Jiraiya-sama was seething to himself as Kakashi wiped his face of spit and sake before answering.
 
“Yes. In our generation, only Ebisu and I enjoy your books.”
 
“What?!! You mean the other jounins and chuunins don't like my book?!! Impossible!!” Disbelief was written all over the super pervert's face.
 
“It's true though. I tried influencing the others by saying that it's such a nice and very knowledgeable book.” Kakashi said slowly as if he himself couldn't fathom the idea of not liking Icha Icha Paradise.
 
“So? How did it went?”
 
“Well, Asuma said he'd read it but he never got around to. Genma said that he doesn't have much time to waste. Kurenai slapped me when I told her about it. Iruka pretty much had the same reaction. Hayate said his girlfriend would skin him alive if she finds out and Gai… Well, it's tough talking with him. I approach him and suddenly it's a one sided conversation.” The copy nin shook his head as if shaking off an awful mental image. Jiraiya-sama looked at Ebisu, who was looking rather thoughtful all of a sudden.
 
“How about the younger generation?” Ebisu asked as he downed his nth cup of sake.
 
“The genins? They're still young to read the books.” Jiraiya-sama answered quickly. But who knows? Maybe they would be interested when they get older…
 
“I know. But…” Ebisu looked at the super pervert and the copy nin imploringly.
 
“But what?”
 
“At this rate, we'll never be able to influence the older ones…”
 
“That's true… But where do the genins fit in?” Jiraiya-sama asked with his brows knitted together in concentration. Somehow, he knew what Ebisu was getting at. Kakashi nods to himself. He and Ebisu had discussed this earlier.
 
“Well, they are the next generation of Konoha citizens right? All we have to do is to shape them up into Icha Icha Paradise-loving individuals as early as possible....” Ebisu trailed off. He nodded to Kakashi who nodded right back.
 
“So that when they reach the right age, Icha Icha Paradise will be reborn with a smash!!” The copy nin finished with a flourish. Jiraiya-sama thought long and hard at this idea. The genins were sixteen, only two years until they reach the legal age. It's really not that long a wait. And besides, this was a great idea.
 
“I like it.” Jiraiya-sama said at last. Kakashi and Ebisu who were holding their breaths for the super pervert's answer, sagged in relief. Jiraiya-sama looked at them sternly.
 
“What are you doing there sagging in relief?!! We still have our work cut out for us!! We have to start right away!!” The toad hermit declared as he pushed his drinks away and stood up excitedly. He was grinning from ear to ear when he turned his back on the scrambling men. He can't wait to get started!!!
 
 
The next morning at the respective houses of the genins…
 
“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???!!!”
 
t.b.c
 
 
A/N: Hey, I know that it seems like the story isn't getting anywhere, but I promise on the next chap, I'll get the ball rolling!! Hehe… that is if you still want me to continue? Tell me what you think… All comments and suggestions are welcome!!