Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Chapter 34

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hiro was still debating on whether to just leave Shu to sleep or if he should wake him. When the option was taken from him when Shu’s cell went off.   Shu yawned and stretched out before answering the phone. “Hello?” Listens to the phone, “Oh, hello Ms. Natsumi.” “No, I haven’t asked yet. I’m not sure anymore I mean sure before I would have jumped and asked without hesitation, but now…now that I have my chance to be a rock star I’m not sure anymore.”   Hiro frowned, ‘Wait, what does he mean by that? Could that man that Mr. Yuki told Shu to go with, have been Tohma Seguchi, I thought I was wrong, the outside lighting wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great and he was wearing a hat. But I guess that makes sense that they’d meet considering Yuki’s relationship towards them. But why didn’t Shu tell me he got a contract. Maybe he didn’t want to hurt my feelings or think he was trying to force me to join him.’ Then Shu’s conversation caught his attention.   “I’ll ask but I don’t think he’d be interested. I could be wrong but just some things he’s said have made me think he wouldn’t be interested.”   ‘Could he be talking about me?’   “No, no way am I asking him!” Shuichi said almost in anger.   That surprised Hiro. ‘Does he really not want me to play with him?’   “Um, well…” Shu sighed, “No, I don’t know anyone else.” “Well yeah I know Sakama was solo for a time, but I’ve always dreamed of being just like Nittle Grasper!” “Yeah you’re right, It’s just a dream.” “Well Mr. Seguchi did offer that if I wanted a band he would see what he could do, but I’m not sure I want to do that. I mean if he picks another band to throw me into, what if they hate me or…” “But I wouldn’t want to cause trouble!” “Sorry. Oh um salary? I don’t know. It’s not listed?” “I see, well I think you should call and talk to Eiri over this. Anything I say will probably be too high or too low or both and no matter what I chose I think Eiri would yell at me if I didn’t at least ask him.” “Okay, yeah, bye.” Shu said hanging up.   “So who was that?” Hiro asked.   Shu squeaked and jumped, “Hiro! Don’t do that! You scared me half to death!”   Hiro just smiled, “Sorry, I thought you saw me.”   “No, I didn’t. So what are doing here?”   “I had some free time, so I thought I’d drop by to see you.”   “Really, thanks! It’s been so dead here all morning!”   “So who was that on the phone?” Hiro asked again.   “Huh, oh that was Eiri’s lawyer.”   “Lawyer?”   “Oh, um yeah. Tohma Seguchi’s offered me a recoding contract.”   “Really, that’s great Shu.” Hiro said trying to put as much feeling into it as he could.   “Yeah, but I never thought I’d ever be doing it alone. I mean I always had you and we were going to make it together. Then I lost you.”   “Hey you didn’t loose me and what about that new band you told me about?”   “Caliban hasn’t ever shown an interest in the band going any further than it is now. I overheard him and his parents discussing college and I don’t think he’s going to major in music.”   “Caliban plays…”   “Guitar, like you.”   “Oh.” Hiro said slightly relived at that. Maybe this was a sign that Ayaka was right and he and Shu were meant to be together! That their band should return from the dead! “So what about the other one Kyo wasn’t it?”   “Yeah, he’s not going to be happy when he hears about the recoding contract and he’s not invited.”   That caught Hiro’s attention. ‘So he wasn’t talking about me after all!’ “Why?”   “I found out he’s had a crush on me for a long time and that he’s been driving anyone who was nice to me away. He even tried to do it with Eiri!”   “Yeah, from what I’ve heard about him, I bet that didn’t go over well.”   Shu shook his head, “It didn’t. If Caliban and I hadn’t shown up when we did I think they might have actually I don’t know, I don’t like to think they’d have fought but who knows.”   “So, what are you going to be a solo act?”   Shu sighed, “It’s either that or let Seguchi pair me up with someone else.”   Before Hiro could say anything one of Shu’s coworkers stuck his head in the door. “Hey Shindo, the place has started to pick up break times over.”   “Oh right I’ll be right there!” Then he turned back to Hiro, “Hey don’t you have college or doctor stuff to do today?”   “Nah, I’m blowing it off!”   “Really!”   “Yeah, say mind if I stick around I got nothin’ better to do and I’d like to hear your band play.”   “Of course you can!” Shu said hugging him. “It’ll be great!” Then he left to get back to work. Hiro decided to watch TV while he decided on whether he really wants to take the chance and follow Shu or continue with trying to become a doctor.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   A/N: So what do you say? Should Hiro ask now or wait to hear Akira’s decision? What do you think Kyo going to think about this?