Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Chapter 35

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CD World’s business went from super slow to slightly busy to totally dead. Finally their boss told several including Shu that they could leave early. He and Hiro went back to Shu’s place and Shu changed for the bar then they went to grab some lunch and do a little shopping. By the time they finished Shu figured they be either right on time or slightly late and for him slightly late is better than the normal way late. Mostly cause Hiro like Eiri had a thing about being somewhere right on time.   Shuichi was nervous about asking Akira. He found him in the break room.   “Um, Caliban can I talk to you a minute.”   ‘Great he’s probably going ask me more about Kyo’s feeling towards him.’ Akira smiled, “Sure Shindo, what can I do for you?”   “Well…I’m not exactly sure how to say this.” Shu said nervously twiddling his fingers.   Akira frowned but still worried this was about Kyo so he decided to just bite the bullet, “Look Shindo if this is about Kyo…”   Shuichi’s head shot up, “What? No, no, this has nothing to do with him.”   “Oh then does it have to do with him?” Akira asked pointing to Hiro.   “Oh, no, no, no, no, This is Hiroshi Nakano. My best friend.”   “Ah yes, the doctor. I’ve heard a lot about you.”   Just then Kyo walked up to the door and stopped hearing voices. One of which he didn’t recognize and decided to listen.   “All good I hope.” Hiro asked with a smile.   “Oh well you know Shindo.”   Hiro laughed and said, “Yea, that’s why I asked.”   “Hiro!”   “So, Shindo you said you had something to ask me?”   “Um well you know that Hiro and I were once in a band and we tried to get signed to NG once right.”   “Yes, I remember you’re telling me about it, why?”   “Well it turns out that Eiri’s brother-in-law is Tohma Seguchi.”   “The Tohma Seguchi of Nittle Grasper?”   “Yep, the same one! Believe me I was just as shocked.”   “So, what did he give you a recording contract or something?” Akira said with a small laugh.   Shu rubbed the back of his head sheepishly and said, “Um, yeah actually he did.”   Akira blinked, “You’re kidding, tell me your kidding.”   Shu shook his head, “I want you to be a part of my band.”   “I-I’m sorry Shindo… I mean I love music and I love to play in the band but I just don’t really think I’m cut out for a career as a musician. Believe it or not I’ve always dreamed of being a lawyer.”   “Oh I see.”   ‘This has to be a sign. This person had my position and now he’s saying he doesn’t want it!’   “I’m sorry, but for me the band is just for fun. If it weren’t for the fact my folks own this bar I probably wouldn’t even be in the band.”   “Oh, well I bet you’ll be a great lawyer someday.”   “Hey thanks and I am sorry.”   Shuichi shook his head, “It’s alright I understand.”   “So, does this mean you’re leaving the band?”   “Not right away, no. I gave my two-week notice at CD World, so that during the day I could concentrate at the studio. But until I actually start making money I plan to stay here, but yeah, you’ll have to find a replacement soon.”   “Don’t worry about it, we’ll find someone, somehow. We had lots of people come and go before you showed up, heck our previous singer wasn’t half as good as you. I was surprised you hadn’t been snatched up sooner. You’ve really talented.”   Shuichi blushed, “Thanks.”       “So, what about Kyo, what did he say?”   “I haven’t asked him yet.”   “You’re not sure you want to after learning what he did right?”   Shu just nodded.   Just then Kyo bust in, “I get it now!”   Shu turned in shock, “Kyo.”   “You were only using that Eiri guy to get a record deal. Now you’re dropping him for him!” Pointing an accusing finger at Hiro. “I knew you couldn’t be serious about him! You were using him to get the deal and you knew about my feelings all along and just waited for the right person to come along and flaunt them in my face to make me jealous! You’ve snub me all this time and now you’re flaunting you’re new boyfriend in my face. Now you’re saying you only want Akira for your band and not me!”   Shuichi and Akira blinked in surprise. Then what he said hit Shuichi.   “How dare you! After I finally forced Eiri to tell me what happened between the two of you and making me see what I failed to notice all this time, you stand there and accuse me of cheating on and using Eiri! I would never!”   “Funny seeing as how after you went to all the trouble of introducing us the other day, later that night I just saw him with someone else at the amusement park. He thought dying his hair black would fool people.”   “You’re wrong.”   “What?”   “I said you’re wrong. It wasn’t Eiri that you saw. I don’t know who you saw or thought you saw, but after we left here we went to look at this condo and then we went to dinner with his sister and brother-in-law after that we went back to my place and stayed there all night!” Shuichi told him omitting the problems at dinner and skipping dinner there.