Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Chapter 40

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Eiri tossed and turned all night. Plus he’d had a nightmare where he was in a hospital with his Shuichi crying over him, till Mika and Tohma kicked him out saying it was his fault he’d ended up in the hospital. He sat up and shook his head. Then hearing a racked in the kitchen he went to find Shu trying to make breakfast.   “What do you think your doing brat?” Then forgetting this wasn’t his Shuichi he walked over and took the skillet away from him, “How many times have I told you, you’re forbidden from being in the kitchen much less cooking.”   “Huh? What are you talking about Eiri?”   Eiri silently cursed. “Look, you stay clear of the kitchen. You’re not going to work today period and never going back to that bar.”   Shuichi was shocked, “But Eiri, I promised Caliban that I’d stay with the band till I started at NG!”   “Was he there when this happened?” Eiri asked holding up his wrist.   “Um, yeah, he saw I hurt it and that something happened between me and Kyo.”   “Good, then he’ll understand.”   “But Eiri!”   Eiri shook his head, “No, you’re not going back there. Call into the CD shop and tell them you’re taking the day off all the way around. You will only work at there till you’re two weeks are up. By that time you should be able to convince Hiro to be part of your band.”   Shu looked at him with hopeful eyes. “You think so?”   “Idiot, call him and spend today with him again. This time discuss the band with him seriously. Maybe if you talk nice enough he’ll probably even take you to breakfast. Now get out of here.”   Shu smiled and leaned up and gave him a quick peck on the lips before bouncing out of the room to do as he was told.   Eiri was happy when the boy bounded back into the room announcing that Hiro would be there soon. It was then as Shu stared at Eiri thinking about what Kyo had said about his hair hit him as he reached up to touch it.   “What’s your problem, brat?”   “Huh, Oh, um…”   “Spit it out!”   “It’s just something Kyo said.”   “You shouldn’t listen to anything he said.”   “It’s just that he said he saw you the other night at an amusement park the night we went to dinner but he said your hair was black.”   “Ch, figures, that punk would have to have been seen by him.”   Shu blinked, “Eiri, you know who he saw?”   “Unfortunately, it was most likely Tatsuha.”   “Tatsuha?”   “My younger brother.”   “Really, do you think I’ll get to met him?”   “If you insist I’ll see about it.”   Eiri was spared more questions as the doorbell rang.   “Oh that’s Hiro, I gotta go.” Shu said turning to leave but Eiri grabbed his shirt and pulled him back. “Uhg,” Shu twisted and turned to look up, “Is something wrong Eiri?”   “When you and Hiro wrap up for the day have him take you to your place and get a few things and come back here. I want you staying here.”   “Eiri, I don’t think Kyo will show up and get in. He seemed really sorry for what he did.”   At that Eiri frowned and left Shu to go to the door where Hiro was ringing the bell again.   Hiro was surprised to see Eiri answer the door with Shu close behind. “Um are you ready to go Shu?”   “No.”   “Eh, but Eiri…”   Eiri didn’t let Shu finish as he turned to Hiro, “I need you to help Shu pack up and bring his things back here. Our place wont be ready for another couple of weeks.”   “But why?” Shu asked.   “The home inspector found a few major problems that have to be dealt with before we can move in. I wasn’t aware that Kyo knew where you lived and knew how to get in.”   “I’m telling you Eiri I don’t think…” Shu stalled at the angry look on Eiri’s face.   “You also didn’t think anything of going to talk with him alone either!”   “Don’t sweat it, Shu. I’ll help you give notice on your apartment and move your stuff here.”   “You too, Hiro!”   “I’m with Mr. Yuki. Kyo might not do anything, but I got into your apartment without any trouble and you even thought I was Kyo. Now after what’s happened, I’d feel better about your safety if you stayed here.”   Shu sighed, it was obviously two against one and neither one was going to budge on his moving in to Eiri’s place. Ah well he resigned it was awful lonely staying at his place without being near Eiri.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   After Shu and Hiro left Eiri decided to go have a talk with Mizuki and then decide if he wanted to take the time to pummel Kyo now or wait.   Just after he walked out a young man probably about Shu’s age maybe a little older approached him.   “Um, Mister Yuki, I-I have the work completed.”   Eiri blinked, “What? What the hell are you talking about?”   “It’s Chovance. Miles Chovance.” He said as if that were to mean something to Eiri.   The young man approached even closer and whispered, “I’ve finished the book, Vengeance on the Riverfront 2.”   Eiri’s eyes widened as he realized that was the name of the book he refused to continue. Could this mean that this punk of a kid was the ghost writer he thought might be responsible for the horrible story he saw on the computer!   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z A/N: Sorry I know everyones waiting for the fight between Kyo and Eiri. It will be worth it since I’m miffed off over what they did to Syaoran at the end of Tsubasa OVA2! So I have aggression to get out and Kyo will suffer for it!