Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Chapter 41

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hiro and Shu went to Shu’s parents house to see about borrowing a car. Hiro had suggested just renting one but Shu argued that it’d be a waste of money that neither of them at the moment had. I’d take forever and be hard as hell to take one box at a time over using Hiro’s bike. Shu felt renting a car would be throwing money away on what would probably just be a one way trip back to Eiri’s place by car. Hiro had asked if Shu could get in, as they didn’t want to have to keep bothering Eiri to get in. After he mentioned it, Eiri gave Shu the spare key he found outside the door. Eiri had made a new copy and replaced that one. Shu had suggested borrowing a car and since it’d take at least three hours by his bike to Hiro’s parents and a half hours to Shu’s it was quickly decided they’d asked Shu’s mom, praying she was home. As luck would have it she was.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   “Hi, Mom.”   “Welcome home, Shuichi. Hello Hiroshi.”   “Hello, Mrs. Shindo.”   “Oh, Shu, what happened to your arm!”   “I fell off the stage.”   “Oh, you poor thing!”   Shu rolled his eyes and looked at Hiro who just smiled. Shu’s a really bad lair except when it comes to his mother. They were never sure if it was she blankly ignoring the lie or if she really believed what she was being told.   “It’s not that bad, Mrs. Shindo. Dr. Solomon assured us that it’s just a bad sprain, and even gave him some pain killers.”   Wanting to get off the subject of his arm for fear she might start asking more questions, and he sure as hell wasn’t about to tell her about what happened, Shu asked, “Mom, can we borrow your car?”   “Well I suppose so, is something wrong with your bike, Hiroshi?”   “Um, no why?”   “Well I’m just wondering what you need the car for if your bikes working. Oh, I know!”   “You do?” Shu asked.   “Yes, of course!” Then she grabbed Shu good hand and said, “You finally met a girl and are planning to move in with her!”   At that Hiro snickered behind his back. Shu turned and glared.   “Actually mom…” Shu started when Maiko burst into the room.   “Mom, mom look! I finally found a copy of Eiri Yuki’s book Heart Note!”   “Oh, I have been dying to read that one for the longest. It’s said to be one of his best all year! I could never find a copy it always seems to be sold out!”   At that Hiro’s smile grew and leaned down near Shu’s ear and in a not so soft whisper said, “You know this would be the perfect chance to tell them, maybe you’ll even live through it.”   Shu glared and elbowed him in the stomach causing him to laugh. Just as Hiro predicted they did hear him.   “Shu, what’s he talking about.”   “Yeah come on big brother fess up!”   “Thanks a lot Hiro.” Shuichi mumbled.   Hiro simply smiled brighter.   “Uh, well you see mom…” Shu sighed, this wasn’t going to be easy. He was trying to think of both what to tell his mother and sister as well as ways to slowly torture Hiro. Yeah he knew he’d have to tell them sometime but today wasn’t exactly the day he wanted to do it.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   Eiri stared at the boy. Unable to believe this world’s version of himself had been too damn lazy to write his own stories and actually hired a ghost writer. Worse yet one that looked younger than Shuichi, which he didn’t think was possible. He felt for the kid, knowing the kind of work he must have put into writing that…what ever you want to call it. Eiri wasn’t sure he truly wanted to call it a story. From what he’d seen on the computer it was a big jumbled up mess. He didn’t want to even begin to want to know his beta-readers went through in having to correct it, as he was positive this world version of himself sure as hell didn’t do it.   “Mr. Yuki? Are you all right? I promise My beta-reader girlfriend went through it and promised that she fixed any errors, so your beta-readers shouldn’t have a problem.”   Eiri blew smoke from his cigarette, “Sorry kid, I’ve never seen you before in my life.” As long as he was stuck in this world he wasn’t about to be associated with any of the crap that had already polluted this world. And though he feels for the kid, he doesn’t feel obligated to hold up this agreement.   “B-but it’s the sequel to our book!”   Eiri gave the boy an apprising look, “Excuse me, did you just say our book? I don’t remember seeing your name anywhere in the book.” After fearing that there might be a ghost writer during one of his breaks from writing he’d glanced through one. Specifically the credits. There were the beta readers but nothing about a ghost-writer and though he’d only glanced at the names, he didn’t remember seeing this kids name anywhere.   The boy looked startled and embarrassed at the same time. “Sorry, sir. But what about my payment? All the work I did?”   “Not my problem kid. The deal you made wasn’t with me.”   “But it was!” The boy protested.   Eiri raised an eyebrow and asked calmly, “So, you had an alleged agreement with me you say. Do you have any form of proof? A signed contract and or witnesses to the fact that the story was being written for me? Or how much you were to receive? Any saved Emails or letters attesting to our even knowing each other?”   The boy opened his mouth but then quickly closed it and lowered his head and shook it. “No, you didn’t want to risk anyone learning you had a ghost-writer. My girlfriend knows, but only because I told her. I was supposed to send an email to a free email account address that you had me to set up. This way we both would have access to it to set up meeting times.”   Well that was interesting Eiri thought. He dug out his wallet and gave the kid $100 dollars. “Here, don’t come back.” The kids eyes lit up like he’d been given a million dollars or something.   “Wow, thanks! You usually only give me $50!”   Eiri couldn’t believe this kid was this stupid. He makes millions of dollars on just one book alone and this kid’s happy just to receive $100 dollars. “Just beat it kid.”   “Oh, um what about the story?”   Eiri threatened to tell the kid to just burn it, but instead he took it and put it in his jacket and walked away. He’d figure out what to do with it later. He headed out with an outline of his story to show Mizuki.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z A/N: The reason I said Hiro’s family was 3 hours away was that’s what Hiro told Fujisaki in a remix manga I read. Hiro said he’d just returned from visiting his parents and it took three hours on his motorcycle. Note if you don’t already know these contain graphic sex and in this story it was ShuxYuki and after watching them, a little HiroxFujisaki (whose 18 according to the notations) action! I read it at galleryDotyuki-eiriDOTcom. Though I had to copy the story to my comp and read it that way as its not in order on the site.