Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Again ❯ New Awakening ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own anything relating to Gravitation and I do not claim ownership to any of the characters in this story. I am simply a tremendous fan of the show and I wanted to write a fanfic. Please don't hold that against me.

A/N: Just to let you know that since this is the sequal to "Proposal Of A New Beginning" Yuki is now called Eiri, Eiri-chan, Eiri-san, or Uesugi-san, anyone who's read Proposal knows why. Also I'd like to let you know the code for discerning 'thoughts' from "dialogue." Enjoy the fic. Ja.^-^
~Frozen Midnight~





Starting Again Chapter I: New Awakening


Eiri woke up to the faint slivers of sunlight filtering through his blinds. He smiled slightly and pulled a still sleeping Shuichi closer to him, taking comfort in the warmth of his fiance's body and his steady breathing. He didn't think he'd ever get tired of waking up beside the pink haired vocalist and suddenly wondered why he had ever made Shuichi sleep on the couch, 'I was afraid of him,' Eiri eventually concluded, 'I was afraid of the feelings he stirred in me, so I pushed him away and he tolerated it, he understood me better than I understood myself. Tohma, Mika, Tatsuha, they were always pushing me to open up but Shuichi never asked me for anything but love. Shu-chan knew I needed to relize things for myself, sure, he whined when I didn't pay attention to him but that's because he was trying to save me from the silence that I hid in. Dispite being hurt by me numerous times, he never gave up.

'At first I didn't understand Shu-chan. I didn't understand his happiness or his energy...or his love.' Eiri thought to himself as he pushed some of Shuichi's hair aside to better see the vocalist's sleeping face. 'Things are so different now though, I finally understand you Shu-chan, and now that I've admitted to you and to myself that I love you, I don't think I'd be able to survive if you weren't here.'

Eiri was interrupted from his thoughts as Shuichi slowly woke up and looked up at Eiri in mild surprise, "Eiri-chan, you actually let me stay in your bed this time."

Eiri chuckled, "Yeah, I did. After all, this is our new beginning right?"

Shuichi smiled brightly and nodded, "Hai, our new beginning." It was then that Shuichi happened to look over Eiri's shoulder and noticed the clock on the wall, "Chikushou, I'm late, K's gonna kill me. I can't die now...I just can't!" With that the young vocalist jumped out of bed and began running around, frantically attempting to get dressed in under a minute as Eiri looked on in silent amusement.

Eiri soon realized that if Shuichi kept going at his current speed there would eventually be an accident and the thought of Shuichi or his apartment getting damaged didn't sit well with him, "Shu-chan, slow down. I'll drive you to NG and I'll make sure K-san doesn't kill you. Besides, we need to tell everyone about the engagement." Eiri said calmly as he rose from the bed to get dressed, mentally he added, 'I have a feeling a couple people won't be too happy when we tell them though.'

Eiri had just pulled his shirt on when he felt Shuichi's arms around his waist, "Arigatou Eiri-chan, aishiteru."

Eiri reluctantly pulled away from the vocalist's grasp and smiled down at the pink haired bishounen, "Aishiteru mata Shu-chan, but you don't have to thank me. I really don't mind driving you to the studio. After all, it's better than sitting in a silent apartment all morning."

"Demo Eiri-chan, how can it be silent if you're typing away at your lap-top?"

Eiri sighed, "The tapping of the keys only reminds me of how silent the apartment is. Truth is, I usually only start typing when you're here."

Shuichi sighed sadly, "Gomen nasai Eiri-chan, you know I'd stay here all the time if I could, but Hiro and Suguru wouldn't be too happy with me and Sakano-san would probably faint or flip out and K-san would probably go on a shooting spree or something." Suddenly Shuichi grinned, "Eiri-chan, I just thought of a brilliant idea!"

Eiri mentally cringed, Shuichi getting an idea usually turned into a bad thing and ended up costing him a lot of money. Unfortunately, Eiri's curiousity got the better of him, "And just what is this "brilliant idea" of your's and more importantly, how much is it gonna cost me to fix everything afterwards?"

Shuichi giggled slightly, "Eiri-chan, you're funny. Now, c'mon, I'll tell you my idea on the way to NG. Boy are those guys gonna be surprised when we tell them." Shuichi then began dragging Eiri out the door and towards the car.

Eiri sighed mentally as he allowed the genki vocalist to drag him towards his car, it was going to be a very, very, long morning.

~Tsudzuku minna-chan!~





Japanese Words:

Hai: Yes
Chikushou: Damn
Arigatou: Thank you
Aishiteru: I love you
Mata: Too or Also
Demo: But or However
Gomen Nasai: I'm very sorry
Tsudzuku: To be continued
Minna: Everyone

Arigatou for reading my fic. I'm really sorry for this being so short and for leaving it as a cliffhanger...but fear not...the next chapter will be coming as soon as I finish writing it. It shouldn't take me long. Please review...the more reviews I get the faster I'll get the next chapter out. Thanks again. Ja ne.
~Frozen Midnight~