Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Again ❯ Shock At Nittle Grasper ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own anything relating to Gravitation and I do not claim ownership to any of the characters in this story. I am simply a tremendous fan of the show and I wanted to write a fanfic. Please don't hold that against me.

A/N: I got an e-mail recently from a reviewer who found it odd that I changed Shuichi's more common nickname for Eiri ("Yuki") to "Eiri-chan." I explained my reasoning to the reviewer but I decided I should explain it to everyone else as well. I decided that Shuichi will call Eiri "Eiri-chan" because Eiri is nothing like Kitazawa Yuki. I thought that if Shuichi and Eiri were going to start over they might as well put the whole Yuki thing in the past. I just thought I'd address that. Another thing I wanted to add was that in this chapter there's a little OOCness. The pairings (or implied parings) are Eiri/Shuichi, Fugisaki/Hiro, K/Sakano, Ryuichi/Tatsuha, and (some people may hate me for this but oh well) Mika/Touma. Enjoy! ^-^


Starting Again Chapter II: Shock At Nittle Grasper


"Eiri-chan, which should we tell them first?" Shuichi asked as he and Eiri entered the Nittle Grasper building.

"We'll tell them your idea first."

"Okay, but why?"

"Because, if we tell them we're engaged first Touma's likely to kill you."

"Oh, right." Shuichi said his face falling slightly but only for a moment. He perked up immediately as they walked down the hall towards an open door, "Hey look, there's our meeting room. I called a meeting last night before I went home so everyone involved with Bad Luck should be in there." Eiri just nodded to show he was listening then follwed Shuichi into the room.

"Shindou-kun! You're two hours late!" K yelled as he quickly pointed the barrel of his beloved, ever present gun at Shuichi's head.

Eiri sighed and stepped forward while pushing K's arm down and away from Shuichi's head, "Gomen nasai K-san, it's my fault Shuichi's late."

K blinked then as if just noticing Eiri's presence for the first time, "Hountou ni, Eiri-san?"

Eiri nodded, "Hai, but I doubt you'd have the guts to point that gun at me, and you would have made a big mistake if you had shot Shuichi. He has a couple of announcements to make."

At that everyone's attention turned towards Shuichi who was chuckling nervously, "Actually, I have an announcement to make and the other announcement is for both Eiri and me to make."

"Well then, get with the announcing Shuichi. I hope at least one of these announcement has to do with Bad Luck." Hiro said his voice showing slight impatiantce.

"Yeah, the first announcement is that I've found a lyrisist for Bad Luck."

"And who might that be Shuichi-kun?" Ryuichi said from the doorway. Behind him stood the other members of Nittle Grasper along with Mika, Tatsuha, and Ayaka all of them wearing mildly curious expressions.

"Sa...Sakuma-san, what are you doing here?" Shuichi stuttered.

Ryuichi smiled and held up Kumaguro who gave an explaination, "Eiri-san called up Touma and told him we all needed to be here, na no da! Now, who's going to be your lyrisist? Me and Ryu-chan are curious."

"I am. I'm going to be the lyrisist for Bad Luck, Shuichi came up with the idea this morning." Eiri said impatiently. He had never been a patient person and he wasn't about to start being one now, even if he was turning over a new leaf.

At Eiri's words everyone in the room blinked (with the exception of Sakano-san who had already fainted and was now being revived by K) until finally Touma broke the blink-filled silence, "That's wonderful Eiri-san, you need to get out of that quiet apartment of yours."

"Yeah, it is great, but what's even better is that me and Eiri-chan are gonna get married!" Shuichi blurted out happily without thinking.

About ten seconds of complete silence followed Shuichi's statement and then the chaos started. Sakano (who had just gotten back up) fainted again, K was holding a gun to both Touma and Hiro's heads, Nuriko and Mika started making wedding plans, Ryuichi began a heated discussion with Kumaguro about what type tuxedos they should wear, Tatsuha started wondering how Ryuichi would look in a wedding dress, Ayaka ran out of the room crying, Touma looked sick, Hiro looked extreamly angry and got away from K to race out of the room, and Suguru silently watched the whole thing with only a saddened glance at Hiro. All in all, Eiri thought they'd all taken the news rather well. Shuichi, on the other hand looked distressed when Hiro ran out of the room and quickly followed his best friend after giving Eiri and apologetic look. Eiri had simply nodded in understanding and let his fiance go.

As soon as Shuichi had left the room Touma started in, "Eiri-san, how could you even think of marrying that...that...child!"

Touma was quickly sorry for his comment as Eiri fixed him with the first real glare he had gotten since meeting the blonde haired novelist, "You don't even know Shuichi Touma. You tried to keep people away from me so I wouldn't get hurt, but Shuichi tried to get me to interact with people. He taught me that happiness involves taking risks." Eiri softened his gaze slightly and continued, "Touma, I know how you feel about me and I consider you a very dear friend, but I love Shuichi, just as much as Mika loves you."

Touma took a shaky breath and looked at Mika who gave him a small smile. Touma smiled back then looked up at Eiri, "I understand Eiri-san, arigatou." Then Touma smiled brightly, not one of his fake smiles but a real smile, "Now, lets discuss all this lyrisist stuff."

Everyone nodded, sat down, and began talking. Eiri, however, was only half listening, wondering how Shuichi was doing with Hiro.

~Tsudzuku minna-chan!~





Japanese Words:

Gomen Nasai: Very Sorry
Hontou ni: Really
Hai: Yes
Na no da: That he did, that they did, that they are etc. (I'm not really sure about this one)
Arigatou: Thank you
Tsudzuku: To Be Continued
Minna: Everyone

Sorry to leave you with yet another cliffhanger...I don't know how many chapters there are gonna be yet. Anyways the next chapter we will find out what happens to Hiro and Shuichi and there will be a character death...don't worry...it's no one important...infact I think it's one of the most hated people in the series. I want lots of reviews on this chapter! Ja ne.

~Frozen Midnight~