Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Again ❯ Opening Eyes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own anything relating to Gravitation and I do not claim ownership to any of the characters in this story. I am simply a tremendous fan of the show and I wanted to write a fanfic. Please don't hold that against me.

A/N: Just a warning this chapter contains a character death. (Don't worry...it's no one important.) The pairings in this chapter are Yuki/Shuichi and Hiro/Fugisaki. Enjoy!




Starting Again Chapter III: Opening Eyes


Shuichi was quick to follow Hiro out of the Nittle Grasper building and into a nearby ally. Hiro stood there with his back to Shuichi and his hands clenched at his sides, he was visibly shaking with pent up emotion, "Go away Shuichi, I don't want to talk to you."

Shuichi sighed, "I know you don't want to talk to me, but I want to talk to you."

"You have nothing to say to me, Shuichi." Hiro said, irritation showing in his voice.

"Hiro, gomen nasai, I didn't mean to hurt you." Shuichi said, staring saddly at Hiro's back.

"Gomen nasai? All you have to say to me is gomen nasai?! You knew how I felt about you and yet you still came running to me everytime he hurt you and then I'd sit there and listen to you cry, fighting back the urge to kiss away your tears and take you away from him. Then I'd try everything to cheer you up and once I'd succeeded I always had to give you back to him and now you're marrying the bastard! You're going to marry Yuki Eiri, the number one cause of every tear you've shed for the past two years, and he's going to continue to make you cry until you're both dead and I'm going to have to watch! Gomen nasai isn't good enough Shuichi, it will never be good enough!!" Hiro had started yelling about half way through his speech without realizing it. He had locked these emotions up for so long that he had lost complete control over them.

Shuichi simply stared at Hiro before he finally found his voice again though it came out as barely a whisper, "You're wrong Hiro, he's not Yuki Eiri anymore. He's going back to being Uesugi Eiri. He's not cold anymore, he's not mean to me anymore."

"How do you know that Shuichi? How do you know it's not just an act?" Hiro said, turning to face Shuichi for the first time since entering the ally.

Shuichi shrugged but continued to look Hiro in the eyes, "I don't know for sure but I trust Eiri. Something in his eyes yesterday and today is telling me that it's not an act. Come back to the studio with me and ask Eiri yourself. If you don't believe him after that then I won't marry him."

"You believe in him that much?" Hiro said doubtfully.

"Of course. So, will you come back with me?"

"Yeah, I'll go back, but if I don't believe Eiri when he answers me then you have to forget about him forever."

"Alright, but you have to look me in the eyes when you tell me whether you believe him or not, deal?"

Hiro nodded with a slight sigh of defeat, "Deal."

As they were walking back towards the Nittle Grasper building Hiro turned to Shuichi, "I don't want you with me when I ask him. If he knew what was at stake he might kill me for putting you up to dumping him and he might kill you for agreeing to my terms."

Shuichi nodded, "I don't think Eiri would kill either of us but I'll stay outside just the same."

After that they walked in silence until they reached the closed door of the meeting room. The chattering voices of their friends could be heard from within as Hiro once again turned to Shuichi, "Remember Shuichi, Eiri can't know you're here."

"I understand Hiro, I'll wait outside the door." With that Shuichi leaned against the wall opposite the door.

Hiro nodded in determination before going into the meeting room and closing the door behind him. Touma was the first to notice the guitarist's arrival, "Nakano-san, I'm glad you decided to join us. We were just going over Eiri's new job as lyrisist. Where's Shindou-san? He should be here too."

"Shuichi went to get a drink of water. I need to ask Eiri something." Hiro answered before glancing at the blonde novelist.

Eiri nodded and stood up to face Hiro, "Go ahead and ask then, Nakano-san."

"Are you sorry for everything you've done to hurt Shuichi?" Hiro asked bluntly, making sure he met Eiri's amber gaze.

"I can't even express in words how sorry I am for ever doing anything to cause Shuichi pain." Eiri answered, his eyes never wavering away from Hiro's.

"Do you love him?"

"More than anything else in the world." Eiri still held Hiro's scrutinizing gaze.

Hiro nodded, "Alright then, I won't get in your way, but Eiri-san, if you harm him again in any way, shape, or form, I will make sure you're not alive long enough to ever cause him pain again."

Eiri nodded and then the meeting room door opened and a pink blurr ran into the room to glomp Hiro, "Arigatou gozaimasu Hiro!"

"Don't worry about it Shuichi, I just want to see you happy." Hiro replied with only a hint of sadness in his voice.

That sadness did not go unnoticed by Shuichi however, "Hiro, don't be sad, there's some one right under your nose that cares about you very much...and you care about him too...more than you'll ever let on."

Hiro looked down at Shuichi in shock, "Shindou Shuichi, when did you learn to read me so well?"

Shuichi laughed slightly and pulled away to look up at his friend, smiling, "Hiro, you're my best friend so naturally I'm going to watch over you and make sure you don't get hurt. By the way, you might want to tell Ayaka that you're not interested in her anymore."

"Good idea. Where is Ayaka anyways?"

"She ran out of the room crying when Shuichi announced his engagement to Eiri-san." Nuriko said matter-of-factly from her place next to Ryuichi.

Just then Touma's secretary burst into the room panting, "Seguchi-san! Someone just jumped off the roof!"

"NANI?!" Everyone asked at once before standing up and rushing out of the room.

Eiri was just about to follow them when he realized Shuichi had gone extreamly pale and seemed frozen in place, "Shu-chan? Daijoubu, Shu-chan?" He asked in concern.

"Ayaka." Shuichi whispered.

"Nani?" Eiri asked, confused.

"Ayaka, that's who jumped off the roof, and it's all my fault." Shuichi whispered again before sinking to his knees and crying.

Eiri quickly rushed to his lover's side, "Oh Shu-chan, it's not your fault. It was Ayaka's on fault, she couldn't handle our relationship. You didn't push her off that roof, she jumped. You have no reason to feel guilty for her making a stupid choice."

"Do you really believe that Eiri-chan?" Shuichi asked as he looked up at Eiri with tearfilled eyes.

"Yes, I do believe that. It wasn't your fault Shu-chan."

"Arigatou Eiri-chan."

"You're welcome Shu-chan. Now, stop crying, everything's okay, no one will blame you."

"Eiri-san's right Shindou-san, Ayaka-san's death was not your fault." Touma said from the doorway.

"Seguchi-san, is Hiro okay?" Shuichi asked quietly.

"Don't worry Shindou-san, Nakano-san is fine. Fugisaki-san is looking after him but he wanted me to tell you that it wasn't your fault." Touma answered.

Shuichi sighed, "I'm glad he's alright, I was worried. He may not have cared about Ayaka as much as she thought he did but he still cared about her."

"C'mon Shu-chan, we've made our announcements and you're probably tired from crying so let's go home." Eiri said while helping Shuichi to his feet.

"Hai Eiri-chan, let's go home. I'll interrogate Hiro later." With that Shuichi and Eiri walked towards the door.

Just before they were about to walk out Eiri turned to Touma, "Touma-san, can you do me a favor?"

Touma nodded, "Anything Eiri-san."

"Can you set up our wedding for next weekend?"

"Hai Eiri-san, that won't be a problem."

"Arigatou Touma, I appreciate it." Then he turned to Shuichi, "C'mon Shu-chan, lets go home."

Shuichi nodded and they exited the room, but Touma could already hear Shuichi's happy chatter about Eiri's decision to marry so soon. 'This is going to be one interesting wedding.' Touma thought to himself as he too exited the meeting room to go about his usual duties as the head of Nittle Grasper.

~Tsudzuku minna-chan!~





Japanese Words:

Gomen Nasai: I Am Very Sorry
Arigatou Gozaimasu: Thank You Very Much
Nani: What
Daijoubu: Are You Alright (or I Am Alright)
Arigatou: Thank You
Hai: Yes
Tsudzuku: To Be Continued
Minna: Everyone

I'm pretty sure there will only be about three more chapters to this fic, the next one I believe will be them planning for the wedding, the one after that will be the wedding and the final one will be a year after the wedding. I don't really know what I should put into the next chapter so if you review please give me some suggestions as to what you'd like to see happen during the planning stage of the wedding. Ja ne and arigatou gozaimasu for reading.

~Frozen Midnight~