Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Again ❯ Trusting Dreams ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer: I do not own anything relating to Gravitation and I do not claim ownership to any of the characters in this story. I am simply a tremendous fan of the show and I wanted to write a fanfic. Please don't hold that against me.

A/N: I finally thought up chapter 7...aren't I special? The idea came to me while I was trying to fall asleep at around 1:00AM. (My inspiration seems to come to me late at night for some reason) Anyways, this chapter takes place one year after Shuichi and Eiri get married...it should be quite interesting. Enjoy! ^_^




Starting Again Chapter VII: Trusting Dreams


Shindou Shuichi walked towards the office of one Seguchi Tohma wanting to show the president of NG Studios the latest Bad Luck song. He was six feet away when he saw his husband, Uesugi Eiri, walk into Tohma's office. He thought for a moment, he knew he had told Eiri this morning that he would show the new song to Tohma so why would Eiri being going to see him? Silently Shuichi approached the office door, which was partially open, and out of innocent curiousity began eavesdropping.

"Eiri, why have you decided to grace me with your presence? I thought Shindou said that he would be bringing the new song up to me." Tohma asked curiously, one of his fake smiles plastered on his face.

"I'm not here about the song." Eiri said simply.

"Oh, then why are you here?" Tohma's smile was gone in an instant.

"I'm leaving Shuichi." Eiri replied.

"Nani? I don't think I heard you right Eiri, I thought you and Shindou-san were doing very well together." Tohma said in shock.

"I love someone else Tohma."

"Who would that be Eiri?"

"You." Eiri said simply.

Outside the office door Shuichi stood with wide, tear-filled eyes. It wasn't possible, it couldn't be, Eiri loved him...didn't he? "Eiri-chan!!"

**************************************************** ***********************************************

~Back in the Waking World...~

"Eiri-chan!!" Shuichi screamed as he woke up from his nightmare, waking up the person sleeping next to him.

"Daijoubou desu ka, Shu-chan?" Eiri asked as he looked worriedly at his husband. Shuichi was obviously very upset about his dream.

Shuichi looked around him, realizing he was in their room and Eiri was looking at him with concern clear in his eyes. "Hai, daijoubou Eiri-chan."

"Are you sure?" Eiri asked, wanting to make absolutely sure his pink-haired vocalist was perfectly fine.

Shuichi smiled at him, "Hai Eiri-chan, it was only a dream."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Eiri asked, he was used to nightmares and talking about them to Shuichi had always helped.

"Iie, I'll be fine. We both need to get up early tomorrow, if we stay up talking and end up being late K will shoot us on sight." With that the singer lay back down and closed his eyes.

Eiri, however, wasn't convinced. He watched Shuichi lay there until the singer's even breathing told him that his love had finally fallen asleep. He didn't know what plagued Shuichi's dreams but he promised himself he'd find out tomorrow.

******************************************************** *******************************************

~The Next Day, NG Studios Recording Room...~

"...and that's when I woke up." Shuichi finished recounting his nightmare to Hiro.

"That's stupid Shuichi, Eiri wouldn't do that to you." Hiro said confidently.

"Yeah, I know that but I can't help but wonder. I mean today is the day I have to bring that same song to Tohma, what if the dream was a premonition." Shuichi said nervously.

"Don't be a baka. There's no way Eiri would pick Tohma over you, if he loved Tohma he wouldn't have married you Shu so stop worrying."

"You're right Hiro, I am being stupid. I trust Eiri, I know he wouldn't do that to me." Shuichi stated, his confidence rising.

"Good, now go upstairs and get that song to Tohma before K get here and realizes you haven't yet."

"Right!" Before he walked out of the door though Shuichi turned around, "Thanks a lot Hiro, I owe you one."

"Don't mention it, we are friends after all." Hiro said.

"Zutto! Ja Hiro!" With that the pink-haired pop star disappeared down the hall.

Shuichi walked towards Tohma's office. He was six feet away when he saw Eiri walk into Tohma's office. All of a sudden the images in his dream came back to him and he walked over to the door, which was opened slightly, and began eavesdropping.

"Eiri, why have you decided to grace me with your presence? I thought Shindou said that he would be bringing the new song up to me." Tohma asked curiously, one of his fake smiles plastered on his face.

"I'm not here about the song." Eiri said simply.

"Oh, then why are you here?" Tohma's smile was gone in an instant.

"I'm leaving Shuichi..." Was all Eiri got out before a sound at the door made him stop. Walking over to the door he saw Shuichi running down the hall, hands clamped over his ears and tears trailing down his cheeks. The only thing that stopped him from running after his distraught husband was the grip Hiro had on his arm.

"What did you say?" Hiro said quickly.

"I was just about to tell Tohma that I was leaving Shuichi's anniversary present with him when I heard a sound out here in the hall so I didn't finish the sentance. Shuichi was the only one schedualed to be up here at this time. I didn't want him to know what I got him." Eiri said still perplexed as to what could have upset Shuichi so much.

"Kuso! You didn't finish the sentance right? How much did you get through?" Hiro asked, more urgently now.

"He said 'I'm leaving Shuichi...' then stopped." Tohma stated.

"Kuso, kuso, kuso! That baka went and jumped to conclusions! We have got to find Shuichi!"

"Wait, why is Shuichi so upset? He knows I'd never leave him." Eiri said, confusion clear in his voice.

Hiro sighed, "Shuichi had a nightmare last night where he came up here to drop off the new song and overheard you telling Tohma you were going to leave because you loved Tohma. This scenario is exactly what happened in his dream!"

"Kuso! So that's why he was so upset...we've gotta find him!" Eiri said, now more concerned than Hiro.

"I'll call security and tell them to keep him from leaving the building." Tohma said before walking over to his desk to make the call.

"I'll go get Suguru, K, and Sakano to help me look." Hiro said before running off down the hall.

Eiri mearly stood there trying to figure out where Shuichi would go until a tug on his jacket sleeve made him look down into the cheerful face of Sakuma Ryuichi.

"I know where Shu-chan went, na no da! He goes there when he needs to think and he told me I can go there too if Kumaguro or I ever needed thinking time!" Ryuichi said happily.

"Where is he then?" Eiri asked anxiously.

Ryuichi's smile faded, "Ummm, I forgot. I don't need thinking time much, Kumaguro does all my thinking for me."

Eiri sighed, "You're no help. Tell Tohma I'm going home to see if he went back there."

"Alright, tell Shu-chan not to cry, he's not shining when he cries."

"Sure." Eiri replied quickly before getting into the elevator, he'd go as fast as he could to get home, he just hoped Shuichi would be there.

~Tsudzuku minna-chan!~





Japanese Words:

Nani: What

Daijoubou desu ka?: Are you alright?

Hai: Yes

Daijoubou: I'm fine

Iie: No

Baka: Idiot or Stupid

Zutto: Always or Forever

Ja: Short for "ja ne" which means see you or something similar

Kuso: Shit

Na no da: I don't know the real meaning of this phrase but I think it means something like "That they did" or "that he did" or "that she did" something along those lines.

Sorry this chapter was so short...I wanted to end it in suspense...don't worry, there will be an 8th chapter. Please review this chapter though. Ja ne!

~Frozen Midnight~